The Big Short...

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
...is not about an electrical problem.

It is an interesting and entertaining presentation of a set of facts and circumstances and the promotion of an opinion (i.e., "pissed off") that the writers are trying to foster.

It could easily be summarized in a couple of short sentences, and those of us who lived through it (and argued one way and another in forums like this) are still wondering how it could have happened.

Sadly, it could happen again, and there IS NO DOUBT that it is happening as we read and write these words, much to the chagrin of people who are poorly situated and act with reckless abandon.

The protagonist ("Burry") was recently interviewed and expressed dismay that the main product of the crisis was NOT that people began to exercise their financial judgment with more prudence, but rather they have taken up "BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE" as a quasi-national sport. Consider the current Student Loan Crisis: people doing utterly stupid things, then whining when they are expected to pay the logical price for their stupidity. "I WANT MY BAILOUT: You can't expect me to pay off this loan!"

Good movie. I saw it for Senior Citizen/Matinee pricing ($5.50), but if I had to pay more I'd wait for it to come to HBO. Three weeks, I would guess.

Forum List

Back