the beginning of the end

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
Looks like my california east coast prophecy is starting to come true. anyone east of arizona better buy a boat. :cof: :tinfoil:

arizona fissure develops

Authorities today are investigating the cause of a fissure north of Willcox that spans a quarter mile and is up to five feet wide at some points.

The fissure was discovered Wednesday morning by a resident who told Cochise County Sheriff's deputies that he awoke to loud rumbling and crackling overnight. He found a fissure near his home, that officials say appears to be expanding.

Authorities do not know how deep the fissure is, but Carol Capas, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff's Department said it's too deep to see the bottom.

Dang DK---Do they know if this is tectonic activity?---Ya gotta anything you wanna get rid of ? You've got a great place to put it now!

dilloduck said:
Dang DK---Do they know if this is tectonic activity?---Ya gotta anything you wanna get rid of ? You've got a great place to put it now!

Sounds just where the feds will store nuclear waste. Duh!

DK, where does your theory dictate the northern most point of seperation is?

NewGuy said:
DK, where does your theory dictate the northern most point of seperation is?

somewhere around the oregon/washington border. Canada will then annex alaska and washington.

DKSuddeth said:
somewhere around the oregon/washington border. Canada will then annex alaska and washington.

So.....how does that leave the north eastern part of California?

Diagonal split?

Are you following a fault line? -(My immediate thought is it is the one referenced in the Superman movie where luthor plans to nuke the fault)

NewGuy said:
So.....how does that leave the north eastern part of California?

Diagonal split?

Are you following a fault line? -(My immediate thought is it is the one referenced in the Superman movie where luthor plans to nuke the fault)

everybody thinks that the san andreas is going to be the beach line, and I guess in a sense it will be. the location of the fissure is just going to be the start of the natural 'break'. Cali will have an eastern bay with something like NC has cape hatteras.

DKSuddeth said:
everybody thinks that the san andreas is going to be the beach line, and I guess in a sense it will be. the location of the fissure is just going to be the start of the natural 'break'. Cali will have an eastern bay with something like NC has cape hatteras.

I guess that makes my property in the north eastern corner of ca. worth more.
:p:

brneyedgrl80 said:
Sweet! I won't have to drive 5 1/2 hours anymore to go to the beach!!! :banana:

That's funny! I wonder how long DK's scenario will take? :cof:

Kathianne said:
That's funny! I wonder how long DK's scenario will take? :cof:

Its increasing at a slow, but exponential, rate. somewhere around 2035 that fissure is going to look like the grand canyon. Then the total split and fall.

Poop! I'll be living in San Diego by then.... Hey... I might be an island!!! Screw Hawaii, people will really want to visit San Diego then! Unless of course we sink into the ocean at which point, I'll miss all of you.... :beer:

DKSuddeth said:
Its increasing at a slow, but exponential, rate. somewhere around 2035 that fissure is going to look like the grand canyon. Then the total split and fall.

Wow, I never would think something like that could happen that rapidly! :shocked:

DKSuddeth said:

COOL!

Can you point to a map or something with details on your theory?

I am curious about all the data since it will affect my life rather directly.

Thing is, for that large of a shift in the earth's surface, something else has to move also, so, nothing is going to happen "fast". It will be kind of a long drawn out process. Think of what it would have to "push" to "fall off". That isn't going to happen. If that large of a land mass "fell off", it would create a Sunami large enough to wipe out half the population on earth.

Go to the "beach" in Arizona... no more having to go to Rocky Point aye brwneyes?

NewGuy said:
COOL!

Can you point to a map or something with details on your theory?

I am curious about all the data since it will affect my life rather directly.

I've never bothered to draw up a map or anything, but the idea is intriguing. I'll have to do that and post it up sometime soon.

Pale Rider said:
Thing is, for that large of a shift in the earth's surface, something else has to move also, so, nothing is going to happen "fast". It will be kind of a long drawn out process. Think of what it would have to "push" to "fall off". That isn't going to happen. If that large of a land mass "fell off", it would create a Sunami large enough to wipe out half the population on earth.
'Falling off' is not the correct term, perhaps. Think of it more as an eventual 'sinking'. Kind of like new orleans is now. only deeper.

DKSuddeth said:
Pale Rider said:
'Falling off' is not the correct term, perhaps. Think of it more as an eventual 'sinking'. Kind of like new orleans is now. only deeper.

Yeah... sink. That would be correct. But if it does "sink", what is it going to "push up"? It'll HAVE to push up something.

Perhaps it will create some islands further out in the Pacific.

Forum List

Back