The Bear-Hunter-Hooker Game. Perfect for seventh graders!

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
At least according to what often passes for educational leaders these days.

A formerly "woke" Latina mother has engaged in a nearly six-month battle with a Texas public school after a teacher played a game with students asking them to pose as "seducing hookers."

On Sept 2, 2022, a teacher in a Social Emotional Learning class at KIPP Poder Academy, a public charter school, taught a role-playing game to students called Bear-Hunter-Hooker, an adult drinking game version of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

The seventh-grade students were asked to strike a pose in front of class as a "seducing hooker" with one hand on their hip and another behind their ear, a hunter, pointing an imaginary gun and a scary bear with its paws up. The object of the game is to show control over the pose struck by their peer.

For example, when the "hooker" and hunter pair are improvised, the "seducing hooker" wins over the hunter by "seducing" him. Students were allegedly organized to participate in order of least to most mature. Students in one of the classes were motivated to participate with the promise of candy.

Laura María Gruber, who is from Puerto Rico, alleges the school had prostitution and sexualized violence normalized to them because of this "team-building activity." She also expressed concern over a student pointing an imaginary gun at another peer just three months after
the Uvalde mass shooting.

It may seem strange that wokesters would allow the imaginary gun part. But this is Texas, after all, where even the most woke of Democrats understands the importance of being armed. With what they want to do to other people's children, they had damn well better be.

In grievance process paperwork, the school admitted the game occurred as described; however, four levels of KIPP administration, School Principal Stephanie Lee, Deputy Superintendent Jeremy Gray, Regional Superintendent Allen Smith and KIPP: Texas CEO Sehba Ali denied the game sexualized children.

This is the game that Democrats play. They don't defend what they do, they just deny that they are doing it. Remember this when you hear a woke person say that they don't have any interest in sexualizing children. To them, offering candy to a seven year old girl to pose like a seductive hooker is what they mean by "not sexualizing children."

A formerly "woke" Latina mother has engaged in a nearly six-month battle with a Texas public school after a teacher played a game with students asking them to pose as "seducing hookers."

On Sept 2, 2022, a teacher in a Social Emotional Learning class at KIPP Poder Academy, a public charter school, taught a role-playing game to students called Bear-Hunter-Hooker, an adult drinking game version of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

The seventh-grade students were asked to strike a pose in front of class as a "seducing hooker" with one hand on their hip and another behind their ear, a hunter, pointing an imaginary gun and a scary bear with its paws up. The object of the game is to show control over the pose struck by their peer.

For example, when the "hooker" and hunter pair are improvised, the "seducing hooker" wins over the hunter by "seducing" him. Students were allegedly organized to participate in order of least to most mature. Students in one of the classes were motivated to participate with the promise of candy.

Laura María Gruber, who is from Puerto Rico, alleges the school had prostitution and sexualized violence normalized to them because of this "team-building activity." She also expressed concern over a student pointing an imaginary gun at another peer just three months after

It may seem strange that wokesters would allow the imaginary gun part. But this is Texas, after all, where even the most woke of Democrats understands the importance of being armed. With what they want to do to other people's children, they had damn well better be.

In grievance process paperwork, the school admitted the game occurred as described; however, four levels of KIPP administration, School Principal Stephanie Lee, Deputy Superintendent Jeremy Gray, Regional Superintendent Allen Smith and KIPP: Texas CEO Sehba Ali denied the game sexualized children.

This is the game that Democrats play. They don't defend what they do, they just deny that they are doing it. Remember this when you hear a woke person say that they don't have any interest in sexualizing children. To them, offering candy to a seven year old girl to pose like a seductive hooker is what they mean by "not sexualizing children."

Well, this is terrible of course. But you could have stopped at "SEL"--social emotional learning--and I would have known it was stupid at BEST.

My latest beef is all these check-ins. Rate your emotions on this particular day. Are you blue? Are you green? Are you yellow?

I must say that even in elementary school I would have thought, "none of your damn business. I'm here to learn and you're here to teach, so let's get to it."

Seriously, at what point is this a violation of privacy? Unless my emotional state is an obvious disruption in the classroom, LEAVE ME ALONE.

Again--SEL = more harm than good

That's a whole bushel of "WTF?"

Well, this is terrible of course. But you could have stopped at "SEL"--social emotional learning--and I would have known it was stupid at BEST.
Yep!
My latest beef is all these check-ins. Rate your emotions on this particular day. Are you blue? Are you green? Are you yellow?
This is coming from school psychologists. They are one trick ponies when it comes to getting students to behave properly. I work with kids with behavior problems, and I am required to consult with the LSSP. Same thing every time: "have you tried check-in/check-out?"

"Yes, that's the first thing I tried."

"Try asking them to rate their mood on a five point scale."

Best part is when they want to give the kids what I call a "drag sheet," because the kid is supposed to take it from class to class and get teachers to sign off on it and rate their behavior. The kid either forgets the sheet, doesn't want to do it, or argues with the teacher over the rating. Always does more harm than good and gets everyone pissed. At me, of course because the LSSP sits in her office all day, unless someone actually threatens to harm themselves.

I have gotten to the point of just say no to that nonsense. Which turns out to mean that LSSP doesn't want to "help" me anymore so that works out great.
I must say that even in elementary school I would have thought, "none of your damn business. I'm here to learn and you're here to teach, so let's get to it."

Seriously, at what point is this a violation of privacy? Unless my emotional state is an obvious disruption in the classroom, LEAVE ME ALONE.

Again--SEL = more harm than good
Exactly. Deal with a child based on their behavior, not their feelings. Teaching them that their feelings are of paramount importance to authority figures sets them up for hard failure as adults.

Forum List

Back