The Batman Teaser Trailer...

This looks as if it's going for a grounded feel. The costumes all look homemade, even Batman's (although his with better resources). The Batmobile looks like someone welded an experimental rocket engine onto a muscle car. And the trailer makes this version of Batman appear to be one out to punish criminals, rather than save people.

Reeves has done some good work, but not that much. Cloverfield was good, especially for a first movie (I'm not counting the romcom he directed 12 years prior to that, we'll pretend that never happened lol). I enjoyed Let Me In, if not so much as the original movie. The Apes movies were enjoyable, but didn't leave enough of an impression. I'll consider myself hopeful but not exactly tingling with anticipation. DC has had problems with their big budget movies since Nolan. Even then, The Dark Knight and Heath Ledger's performance really carried that series. Still, I'm far more excited for a new take on Batman than I am for Zak Snyder's 4 hour self-congratulatory masturbation session with Justice League. :lol:

Since The Dark Knight came out, here's a list of DC movies:
  • Watchmen - I liked it, but it wasn't amazing.
  • Jonah Hex - Not good enough to watch more than a couple of minutes.
  • Green Lantern - Even the people who made it make fun of it.
  • The Dark Knight Rises - Weakest of the trilogy, but still better than most of the drek that's been offered us
  • Man of Steel - Pretty good, but so monotone! It was something to build on, at least, but then they didn't really.
  • Batman v Superman - A mess. Some good parts, but a mess. The 'Ultimate' edition was a longer mess.
  • Suicide Squad - There were actually a few decent performances, but overall it was pretty bad. They shouldn't have put Joker in the movie.
  • Wonder Woman - Not bad. Overrated as hell, very few characters with any depth, but not bad.
  • Justice League - Huge mess. Terrible plan by the studio. Neither director got what they wanted. So much bad.
  • Aquaman - Financial success, but pretty poor movie. Weak acting, weak writing, mostly just a CGI spectacle.
  • Shazam! - Decent comedy superhero movie. Not as funny as I'd hoped, though.
  • Joker - I actually didn't enjoy the movie that much. It just never really drew me in. :dunno:
  • Birds of Prey - Garbage. Trying to cash in on Harley Quinn, but failing.
That's not a great list. Nothing great (although some thought Joker was great), a few pretty good, a few pretty awful. Marvel movies have their problems, and they aren't all great, but I think they are definitely more consistently good. Now we have WW84 coming, which doesn't really excite me. We have The Suicide Squad coming, and I'm actually excited about that because of James Gunn. Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my favorite comic book movies. And we have The Batman coming. While there's no trailer yet, there's also a Flash movie on the way eventually, which will apparently include both the Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton versions of Batman. I think WW and Flash take place in the same universe. I'm not sure about The Suicide Squad. The Batman is not in the DCEU, so fingers crossed for a good new start.

What DC does consistently good is animated movies. They are some of the best comic book movies to exist.

This looks as if it's going for a grounded feel. The costumes all look homemade, even Batman's (although his with better resources). The Batmobile looks like someone welded an experimental rocket engine onto a muscle car. And the trailer makes this version of Batman appear to be one out to punish criminals, rather than save people.

Reeves has done some good work, but not that much. Cloverfield was good, especially for a first movie (I'm not counting the romcom he directed 12 years prior to that, we'll pretend that never happened lol). I enjoyed Let Me In, if not so much as the original movie. The Apes movies were enjoyable, but didn't leave enough of an impression. I'll consider myself hopeful but not exactly tingling with anticipation. DC has had problems with their big budget movies since Nolan. Even then, The Dark Knight and Heath Ledger's performance really carried that series. Still, I'm far more excited for a new take on Batman than I am for Zak Snyder's 4 hour self-congratulatory masturbation session with Justice League. :lol:

Since The Dark Knight came out, here's a list of DC movies:
  • Watchmen - I liked it, but it wasn't amazing.
  • Jonah Hex - Not good enough to watch more than a couple of minutes.
  • Green Lantern - Even the people who made it make fun of it.
  • The Dark Knight Rises - Weakest of the trilogy, but still better than most of the drek that's been offered us
  • Man of Steel - Pretty good, but so monotone! It was something to build on, at least, but then they didn't really.
  • Batman v Superman - A mess. Some good parts, but a mess. The 'Ultimate' edition was a longer mess.
  • Suicide Squad - There were actually a few decent performances, but overall it was pretty bad. They shouldn't have put Joker in the movie.
  • Wonder Woman - Not bad. Overrated as hell, very few characters with any depth, but not bad.
  • Justice League - Huge mess. Terrible plan by the studio. Neither director got what they wanted. So much bad.
  • Aquaman - Financial success, but pretty poor movie. Weak acting, weak writing, mostly just a CGI spectacle.
  • Shazam! - Decent comedy superhero movie. Not as funny as I'd hoped, though.
  • Joker - I actually didn't enjoy the movie that much. It just never really drew me in. :dunno:
  • Birds of Prey - Garbage. Trying to cash in on Harley Quinn, but failing.
That's not a great list. Nothing great (although some thought Joker was great), a few pretty good, a few pretty awful. Marvel movies have their problems, and they aren't all great, but I think they are definitely more consistently good. Now we have WW84 coming, which doesn't really excite me. We have The Suicide Squad coming, and I'm actually excited about that because of James Gunn. Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my favorite comic book movies. And we have The Batman coming. While there's no trailer yet, there's also a Flash movie on the way eventually, which will apparently include both the Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton versions of Batman. I think WW and Flash take place in the same universe. I'm not sure about The Suicide Squad. The Batman is not in the DCEU, so fingers crossed for a good new start.

What DC does consistently good is animated movies. They are some of the best comic book movies to exist.

I watched some of the animated movies and liked them, but at this point they just bore me. I don't like the animation itself all that much, that might be part of the problem.

I can't keep up with the ever shifting Bats and Jokers. Is this even remotely connected to the Justice League?
Would be nice if they picked a story line and stuck with it.

No, it's not connected to the Justice League. This movie looks decent. The Justice League movie was a steaming pile of shit.
True, but I want to bone Wonder Woman, she is the only reason for watching it.
you could not handle WW......

I can't keep up with the ever shifting Bats and Jokers. Is this even remotely connected to the Justice League?

No, it's not connected to the Justice League. This movie looks decent. The Justice League movie was a steaming pile of shit.

I also watched the new Wonder Woman 1984 trailer today. It looks awful.
So, like Baywatch, just watch with the sound off, and watch the running and jiggling.

you could not handle WW......
I would gladly die trying.

Joker is seen as a an anti hero to many fans. And anti hero to the Batman who may be an anti hero.

I do wish a Batman movie would introduce a GOOD Robin. Batman and Robin sucked a huge dick. At least Nolan gave a nod to the character.
I agree totally on Batman and Robin.Batman Forever with Val Klmer was fun though.It could have been a great Batman movie had Schmacher not made it campy and more serious. I am gratful for Nolan cause the sad truth is ALL the Burton/schumacher batman movies sucked in one major way or another. Batman Forever like i said was fun though.It was the only decent one of the bunch i feel.

The nightmare finally was over when Nolan took over.I hate to see what another director would do to it now that Nolan set it on the right track.I have to believe he'll screw it up somehow the new guy.

Looks like a new one since the last dark knight movie had them saying they were going to introduce robin and never did and neither is this one.

Actually, it did, but in a very subtle way, that you could easily have missed if you weren't listening or paying attention at just the wrong moment.
Cool.If Robin is in a sequal [sic] ,im [sic] there.

Surely you remember a young policeman going by the name of “John Blake” in The Dark Knight Rises. He approaches Bruce Wayne, early in the movie, having figured out that Bruce Wayne was Batman, to beg him to take up the role again, as he thinks that Gotham City really needs Batman.

Near the end of the movie, with Bruce Wayne and Batman (now, I think, known to be the same) presumed to be dead, and what remains of Bruce Wayne's estate being distributed according to his will, John Black shows up an an office to claim whatever was left to him. The young woman behind the counter doesn't find anything under that name, so he says something like “Maybe it's under my real name.” and shows her an identification card. She replies with something like, “I like that name. ‘Robin.’ You should use it more often.” Thus, it is revealed, that John Blake's real first name is “Robin”. And by that name, his inheritance from Bruce Wayne is a bag of spelunking equipment, and a paper with some coordinates written on it, which leads him to the Batcave; the implication being that he is to take up the work that Bruce Wayne had been doing as Batman.

I think it was clearly intended that there be no sequel to this movie, but if there was, it would surely see “John” Robin Blake taking over the role of Batman, either as that identity, or as a new “Robin” identity of his own. Perhaps Bruce Wayne (revealed at the end of The Dark Knight Rises to still be alive) might come out of retirement and resume his role as Batman, with Robin as his sidekick; but probably not; The Dark Knight Rises seems to have well-established that Bruce Wayne is really no longer physically up to it, and was, at best, very dubiously so at the start of the movie.

We'll see when they release the Zack Snyder cut next year...

We'll see when they release the Zack Snyder cut next year...

4 hours of time wasted. That's my prediction for the Snyder cut. And yes, I'll end up watching it. :lol:

Forum List

Back