The Batman Teaser Trailer...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012

It looks like the movie will be heavily focused on The Riddler, but a much darker one than the comics.

So...is it a whole new franchise or does it somehow carry on from the Dark Knight trilogy?

Hollywood has clearly run out of ideas,Nolan erased the horrible memory and mockery of the burton/Schumacher travesty,that Batman series was needed,well the first two films anyways,so it’s pointless making another one so soon but they are since again,Hollywood has run out of ideas.
This will probably go straight to dvds cause of the virus even at that point so it probably won’t make it to the screen.

So...is it a whole new franchise or does it somehow carry on from the Dark Knight trilogy?
Looks like a new one since the last dark knight movie had them saying they were going to introduce robin and never did and neither is this one.

Hollywood has clearly run out of ideas,Nolan erased the horrible memory and mockery of the burton/Schumacher travesty,that Batman series was needed,well the first two films anyways,so it’s pointless making another one so soon but they are since again,Hollywood has run out of ideas.
This will probably go straight to dvds cause of the virus even at that point so it probably won’t make it to the screen.

Nah. Comic book movies can be retold a million times over, because comics retell the same story with different takes a million times over.

This bat man looks like a dweeb. Not interested.. Americans are white, big bad mo fos

Looks like a new one since the last dark knight movie had them saying they were going to introduce robin and never did and neither is this one.
That's a shame...we'll never hear Christian Bale growling out the words "Old chum".

I do wish a Batman movie would introduce a GOOD Robin. Batman and Robin sucked a huge dick. At least Nolan gave a nod to the character.

That's a shame...we'll never hear Christian Bale growling out the words "Old chum".
Bale always sounded like a baleful Daffy Duck.

This bat man looks like a dweeb. .....

He looks like one of the hundreds of kids who beat the shit out of you every day until you flunked out of school?
Stop stalking me stay on topic or get the boot
That weak-ass attitude is why you got the shit beat out of you all the time, loser.

I'm reporting you to the USMB police.

Does anybody have the USMB police's phone number?

I can't keep up with the ever shifting Bats and Jokers. Is this even remotely connected to the Justice League?
Would be nice if they picked a story line and stuck with it.

Dark Knight movies were about Joker and they've made several movies with Joker included......this one is about the Riddler? Two completely different characters.

I can't keep up with the ever shifting Bats and Jokers. Is this even remotely connected to the Justice League?

No, it's not connected to the Justice League. This movie looks decent. The Justice League movie was a steaming pile of shit.

No, it's not connected to the Justice League. This movie looks decent. The Justice League movie was a steaming pile of shit.
True, but I want to bone Wonder Woman, she is the only reason for watching it.

True, but I want to bone Wonder Woman, she is the only reason for watching it.

I also watched the new Wonder Woman 1984 trailer today. It looks awful.

This looks as if it's going for a grounded feel. The costumes all look homemade, even Batman's (although his with better resources). The Batmobile looks like someone welded an experimental rocket engine onto a muscle car. And the trailer makes this version of Batman appear to be one out to punish criminals, rather than save people.

Reeves has done some good work, but not that much. Cloverfield was good, especially for a first movie (I'm not counting the romcom he directed 12 years prior to that, we'll pretend that never happened lol). I enjoyed Let Me In, if not so much as the original movie. The Apes movies were enjoyable, but didn't leave enough of an impression. I'll consider myself hopeful but not exactly tingling with anticipation. DC has had problems with their big budget movies since Nolan. Even then, The Dark Knight and Heath Ledger's performance really carried that series. Still, I'm far more excited for a new take on Batman than I am for Zak Snyder's 4 hour self-congratulatory masturbation session with Justice League. :lol:

Since The Dark Knight came out, here's a list of DC movies:
  • Watchmen - I liked it, but it wasn't amazing.
  • Jonah Hex - Not good enough to watch more than a couple of minutes.
  • Green Lantern - Even the people who made it make fun of it.
  • The Dark Knight Rises - Weakest of the trilogy, but still better than most of the drek that's been offered us
  • Man of Steel - Pretty good, but so monotone! It was something to build on, at least, but then they didn't really.
  • Batman v Superman - A mess. Some good parts, but a mess. The 'Ultimate' edition was a longer mess.
  • Suicide Squad - There were actually a few decent performances, but overall it was pretty bad. They shouldn't have put Joker in the movie.
  • Wonder Woman - Not bad. Overrated as hell, very few characters with any depth, but not bad.
  • Justice League - Huge mess. Terrible plan by the studio. Neither director got what they wanted. So much bad.
  • Aquaman - Financial success, but pretty poor movie. Weak acting, weak writing, mostly just a CGI spectacle.
  • Shazam! - Decent comedy superhero movie. Not as funny as I'd hoped, though.
  • Joker - I actually didn't enjoy the movie that much. It just never really drew me in. :dunno:
  • Birds of Prey - Garbage. Trying to cash in on Harley Quinn, but failing.
That's not a great list. Nothing great (although some thought Joker was great), a few pretty good, a few pretty awful. Marvel movies have their problems, and they aren't all great, but I think they are definitely more consistently good. Now we have WW84 coming, which doesn't really excite me. We have The Suicide Squad coming, and I'm actually excited about that because of James Gunn. Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my favorite comic book movies. And we have The Batman coming. While there's no trailer yet, there's also a Flash movie on the way eventually, which will apparently include both the Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton versions of Batman. I think WW and Flash take place in the same universe. I'm not sure about The Suicide Squad. The Batman is not in the DCEU, so fingers crossed for a good new start.

Forum List

Back