The average age of a homeless person in America is 9, according to NPR. we have a housing crisis!

The cities are expensive to live in, but the working poor need public transportation to work, which means living in the city. It's a no win situation.
I read an article a little while ago that explained why affordable subsidized rent properties are so unprofitable to build, which is why there aren't anywhere near enough. Maybe if Ben Carson could wake up long enough, he could look into changing that situation so people who earn a pittance can actually live near where they work.

The cities are expensive to live in, but the working poor need public transportation to work, which means living in the city. It's a no win situation.
I read an article a little while ago that explained why affordable subsidized rent properties are so unprofitable to build, which is why there aren't anywhere near enough. Maybe if Ben Carson could wake up long enough, he could look into changing that situation so people who earn a pittance can actually live near where they work.

Last I heard, Sleepy Ben was snoozing under his $31,000 dining room table ;-)

Yeah - Some cities have handled the poor/homeless situation better than others. Boise/Garden City used some kind of a grant to assist turning a dilapidated trailer park not far from where I live into a very attractive high density low income apartment complex.

We don't have a "housing crisis".
We have an addiction crisis.

The vast majority of these people, are alcoholics, drug addicts, and or are mentally ill.
If they cannot get their shit together, their children will be the first to suffer.

youth homelessness is a national epidemic!

Especially in cities controlled by democrats where they limit the building of new housing which would lower rents and home prices...you can't have rich democrats living next to poor people after all...

The vast majority of these people, are alcoholics, drug addicts, and or are mentally ill.
If they cannot get their shit together, their children will be the first to suffer.

Sad but true, and our health care system is being pushed to it's limit as we provide so much to illegal immigrants.

Yet....we have more empty homes in America than at any other time in history.
There are actually more vacant homes in America, then there are homeless.

You can thank both Timothy Geithner and Obama for that. It is how they cleaned up the mortgage mess of 2008.
They paid back the mortgage holders 100 cents on the dollar of millions of mortgages, yet...the homeowner still owed the bill...go figure...so homeowners everywhere lost their homes...but the investment firms were paid in full for their losses.
Now there are millions of empty homes where no one relaly cares about them because YOU paid the investment firms instead of the mortgagee...yet they were still kicked out.

Well, you managed to sneak in all the fact-free cliches ... :rolleyes-41:

11 myths about homelessness in America

So we should raise taxes to give people homes which then raised the cost of living even higher.

So we should raise taxes to give people homes which then raised the cost of living even higher.
What's your solution? Or do you just not care?

Yet he is raising their rent to 35% and taking away deductions, that is his plan. In 6 years he is going to raise seniors and disabled rates 50 bucks.

Yes I so hope the next Dem Potus gets in and raises the top bracket to 45% and takes away most of their deduction and passive income as regular working income for those over a certain dollar limit.

Yet....we have more empty homes in America than at any other time in history.
There are actually more vacant homes in America, then there are homeless.

You can thank both Timothy Geithner and Obama for that. It is how they cleaned up the mortgage mess of 2008.
They paid back the mortgage holders 100 cents on the dollar of millions of mortgages, yet...the homeowner still owed the bill...go figure...so homeowners everywhere lost their homes...but the investment firms were paid in full for their losses.
Now there are millions of empty homes where no one relaly cares about them because YOU paid the investment firms instead of the mortgagee...yet they were still kicked out.

Thank the people who put us into the mortgage mess.

Yes I so hope the next Dem Potus gets in and raises the top bracket to 45% and takes away most of their deduction and passive income as regular working income for those over a certain dollar limit.

Yes!! We need a vibrant housing stock like they have in Cuba!

Forum List

Back