"The Audacity of Grope" Yea Or Nay?...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Obviously more & more Americans are rebelling against this policy so i just wanted to see where most people here at USMB stand on this policy. Has Homeland Security and the TSA gone too far with these "Enhanced Pat Downs?" Do you support this policy? A simple Yea or Nay will be fine but feel free to elaborate if you wish. Thanks all.

Obviously more & more Americans are rebelling against this policy so i just wanted to see where most people here at USMB stand on this policy. Has Homeland Security and the TSA gone too far with these "Enhanced Pat Downs?" Do you support this policy? A simple Yea or Nay will be fine but feel free to elaborate if you wish. Thanks all.

Depends on if I can grope back.
Seriously, they only grope if you are a prude and refuse the body scan.

So Yea or Nay?

Remember the old days in the 50's when handjobs were a nickel?

Yep...I used to put a nickel in a jar everytime I masturbated....AT the end of the month, I had enoiugh to buy the new National Geographic, which of course was used for the aforementioned masturbating.

My parents thought I was cultured. But what they didnt know didnt hurt them....although, I will admit a little guilt when they insisted that they pay for the subscription.....

Well, let me ask this: What if an inner city police department said "We are tired of all the gang violence in the area of 1st Street and Main. SO......from now on, every single person who drives or walks in a 4 mile radius of 1st and Main will be stopped and searched for weapons."

That would be a 4th amendment violation. You can't stop every single person and search them based on the notion that past crimes have occurred here, and we know if unchecked future ones likely will also, thus we're stopping everyone.

Thats basically what the gov't is doing with the TSA. And it is indeed a 4th amendment violation.

Disagree? Read 4th amendment case law.

A person is protected against unlawful search or seizure without a warrant, or without probable cause that the individual has committed or is about to commit a crime.

So, Joe Blow plane passenger enters a terminal. No warrant to search him exists. And the TSA agent has absolutely no probable cause that Joe has committed or is about to commit a crime. Thus, the search is a violation of the 4th Amendment.

But Americans aren't fighting very hard for their rights now. So....there you have it.

Well, let me ask this: What if an inner city police department said "We are tired of all the gang violence in the area of 1st Street and Main. SO......from now on, every single person who drives or walks in a 4 mile radius of 1st and Main will be stopped and searched for weapons."

That would be a 4th amendment violation. You can't stop every single person and search them based on the notion that past crimes have occurred here, and we know if unchecked future ones likely will also, thus we're stopping everyone.

Thats basically what the gov't is doing with the TSA. And it is indeed a 4th amendment violation.

A person is protected against unlawful search or seizure without a warrant, or without probable cause that the individual has committed or is about to commit a crime.

So, Joe Blow plane passenger enters a terminal. No warrant to search him exists. And the TSA agent has absolutely no probable cause that Joe has committed or is about to commit a crime. Thus, the search is a violation of the 4th Amendment.

But Americans aren't fighting very hard for their rights now. So....there you have it.

Well said. Thank you. Yes the Government's power is not limitless. While the Airlines may be private companies,the TSA is not. There are limits on what the Government can do to its Citizens. This stuff will be challenged in court and the Government will lose. I'm very confident of that.

"The Audacity of Grope"
funny...

that made my day.... thanks amigo !

Last edited:
Nay..........
smith-tsa-kids-1st-cavity-search1.jpg

Last edited:
I agree the gropes are outrageous. If they actually did something to add to security I might reconsider. But it is more show than go.
I have not read the fine print on any ticket. It is entirely possible you give up 4thA rights on buying the ticket.
My favorite is that TSA will sue you civilly if you refuse to submit. WTF? What tort has been committed?

So Yea or Nay?

Yea and yea on profiling.

Well said. Thank you. Yes the Government's power is not limitless. While the Airlines may be private companies,the TSA is not. There are limits on what the Government can do to its Citizens. This stuff will be challenged in court and the Government will lose. I'm very confident of that.

Do the wingnuts have a complaint about the govt that they think doesn't violate the Constitution? Or do they just not realize that something can be both constitutional and foolish?

Forum List

Back