The Arkansas Democratic Party chairman has died from gunshot wounds...

So why are so many of you conservatives going to vote to keep the neo cons in power? oh yea, lesser of two evils. i forgot.

just the fact that the gop broke pork records from 2004 and 2006 and you still vote for them tells me you don't know what a conservative is. We know. It's not news to us that the GOP are frauds. This is only news to you! You didn't believe it for 7 years and now you want to pretend like you figured it out first? Ha !

You prove the GOP can fuck you in the ass and you will still defend them. At least they wore a condom, right? Or tell yourself that they did it, but only so the democrats couldn't do it. The democrats like fucking you. The GOP just does it because they care. Right?

Bill Clinton had a surplus and Bush has a record deficit. That's all you need to know to know you don't make any sense. Even if Clinton didn't have a surplus, he sure as hell didn't have Bush's deficit.

Or give credit to Clinton's GOP Congress if you want. But then explain what went wrong with Delay's Congress from 2004-2006. It wasn't all Iraq spending bullshitter, so don't even try it. :eusa_liar:
wow, talk about someone being clueless

ok

I am also aware the police attacked the protestors at the 68 Democratic Convention. Daily was, by the definition of the day, a liberal and Democrat. A definition that wouldn't work today, but that was then. The police worked for him.

By whose definition? Not mine at the time, and not a lot of people's at that time, either.

By definition, the police attacking protestors was an authoritarian move; which, is conservative in nature. No argument there. Fact remains it was orchestrated by the Democratic mayor of Chicago.

Well you see, this is where we both get hoisted on the petard because we are both using the terms right and left when both of us should know better than to fall for that simpletons' notion, isn't it?

Daily was surely no liberal. Neither was a conservative. He was party boss of a local political fiefdom which really was neither liberal nor conservative.

However, within context of the conversation, the identified right -- conservatives, Republicans -- were not conducting a protest that turned violent.

With in the context of the conversation, the police assult on protestors was a protest by police.

They (with the blessing of Daily) were protesting against the peace movementment, the anti-war movement and what they perceived as hippies.

I will however concede that nowadays, people that we think of as leftleaning, do tend to have assemblies which often end in violence.

As to how that violence starts?

Well, that's why I brought Chicago up, wasn't it?

I've been to one of these events when the POLICE, not the demonstrators went nuts.

Theirs isn't about law enforcement in those cases, Guns, theirs is really a counter demonstration by tear gas, CS gas, pepper spray and the club.

I was in the 71 (or was 72?) for the second installment of the Washington Police riots, for example.

I recall puking my guts out on the steps of the Capital, because the police decided to bomb the hospital bus where I and a nurse happened to be stemming the bleeding of somebody's head wound.

It was a police riot, believe me, not one initiated by the left.

She will support ANYONE, no matter how ignorant or stupid, that spouts her slogans for her, all the while crying foul when someone on the other side does anything similar to her partisan rants.

I so love the irony of a sheeple like you calling anyone else partisan or saying anyone else's comments are rants.

I think if you were to actually read what you write, the "rants" are all yours, honey.

By whose definition? Not mine at the time, and not a lot of people's at that time, either.

Well you see, this is where we both get hoisted on the petard because we are both using the terms right and left when both of us should know better than to fall for that simpletons' notion, isn't it?

Daily was surely no liberal. Neither was a conservative. He was party boss of a local political fiefdom which really was neither liberal nor conservative.

With in the context of the conversation, the police assult on protestors was a protest by police.

They (with the blessing of Daily) were protesting against the peace movementment, the anti-war movement and what they perceived as hippies.

I will however concede that nowadays, people that we think of as leftleaning, do tend to have assemblies which often end in violence.

As to how that violence starts?

Well, that's why I brought Chicago up, wasn't it?

I've been to one of these events when the POLICE, not the demonstrators went nuts.

Theirs isn't about law enforcement in those cases, Guns, theirs is really a counter demonstration by tear gas, CS gas, pepper spray and the club.

I was in the 71 (or was 72?) for the second installment of the Washington Police riots, for example.

I recall puking my guts out on the steps of the Capital, because the police decided to bomb the hospital bus where I and a nurse happened to be stemming the bleeding of somebody's head wound.

It was a police riot, believe me, not one initiated by the left.

Interesting, that. We were at a show at the Lincoln Memorial I want to say on New Year's Eve or 4th of July 71. I was 11, so I don't recall the exact occasion, but I DO recall the hip-eyes having to spoil a good time resulting in the whole crowd getting tear-gassed. Loved THAT. They got what they wanted though ... they spoiled everyone else's fun. They definitely didn't score any points that evening.

Must have been a different occasion than the one you were in if you were all the way at the other end of the Mall at the Capitol.

However, your comments about this occasion and the ones about the Democratic Convention beg the question where exactly YOU stand on the anti -authoritarian scale. In both instances you blame law enforcement for starting the riots.

I would counter with people do not have the right to unlawful assembly, nor do they have the right to disrupt the general public going about its busness. It WOULD be the job of the police to break up any such unlawful assembly and restore order to the general public.

I have no problem with peaceful assembly, done with the proper permits in an appropriate venue. You have to admit, that certainly is not going to suit the aims of the architects of the protests whose designs are to disrupt and shout down others trying to force their beliefs on everyone else.

Forum List

Back