The AR-15 civilian rifle is becoming the most popular hunting rifle....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
There are 13 million AR-15 civillian rifles in private hands in the United States, making it the most popular rifle in the country......one of the reasons it is so popular, as the article below explains, is that it is modular, you can trade parts out for different types of hunting.....

You can also use it to stop mass shooters when the police aren't going to get there in time...

Why hunters are trading in traditional hunting rifles for the AR-15

The biggest benefit to the AR, or modern sporting rifle, platform has always been its modularity. Unlike traditional bolt-action setups, gun owners can easily swap between an almost endless sea of uppers and lowers. This ability to trade in and out parts allows hunters to fine-tune their hunting platform to desired specifications.

This modularity is especially useful for hunters who routinely stalk various kinds of prey, utilizing an array of calibers to do it. While the most common chambering on the MSR lineup is undoubtedly .223/5.56, an increase in popular cartridges like .300 Blackout and 6.5 Creedmoor have pushed parts manufacturers to offer more uppers and barrels outside the 5.56 realm. This caliber modularity advantage elevated the AR-15s popularity in the hunting world, making it a viable contender against bolt-action.

Mark Grimsley, a hunter out of Kansas and owner of the Fit’n Fire YouTube channel told Guns.com in an interview that the AR-15’s vast array of caliber options is one of many reasons he chose an AR setup for hunts.

“One rifle can be easily converted in to several different variants that will allow you to choose the right caliber for your hunt,” Grimsley said. “Going coyote hunting on Monday, use your .223/5.56 upper. Going whitetail hunting Tuesday, switch to the .300 Blackout. Going Elk hunting on Wednesday, change your upper again to a 6.5 Grendel. All of those upper receivers can be used with the same type of lower which gives greater flexibility for the hunter and the AR platform.”

Grimsley, an 11-year U.S. Army veteran, also pointed to the AR-15s widespread familiarity as a reason some hunters, especially those coming from military and law enforcement backgrounds, are choosing modular sporting rifles.

“One of the main reasons that I started using an AR style rifle to hunt with was because it was so familiar to me,” Grimsley said. “I have been around the AR platform for about two decades now, between my father’s influence and my military time, and I have become extremely comfortable with its feedback, loading/unloading, placement of the safety, and remedial actions to clear malfunctions should there ever be any.”

Other than full auto or burst firing, what is the difference between an AR-15, and the military M-16?

There are 13 million AR-15 civillian rifles in private hands in the United States, making it the most popular rifle in the country......one of the reasons it is so popular, as the article below explains, is that it is modular, you can trade parts out for different types of hunting.....

You can also use it to stop mass shooters when the police aren't going to get there in time...

The biggest benefit to the AR, or modern sporting rifle, platform has always been its modularity. Unlike traditional bolt-action setups, gun owners can easily swap between an almost endless sea of uppers and lowers. This ability to trade in and out parts allows hunters to fine-tune their hunting platform to desired specifications.

This modularity is especially useful for hunters who routinely stalk various kinds of prey, utilizing an array of calibers to do it. While the most common chambering on the MSR lineup is undoubtedly .223/5.56, an increase in popular cartridges like .300 Blackout and 6.5 Creedmoor have pushed parts manufacturers to offer more uppers and barrels outside the 5.56 realm. This caliber modularity advantage elevated the AR-15s popularity in the hunting world, making it a viable contender against bolt-action.

Mark Grimsley, a hunter out of Kansas and owner of the Fit’n Fire YouTube channel told Guns.com in an interview that the AR-15’s vast array of caliber options is one of many reasons he chose an AR setup for hunts.

“One rifle can be easily converted in to several different variants that will allow you to choose the right caliber for your hunt,” Grimsley said. “Going coyote hunting on Monday, use your .223/5.56 upper. Going whitetail hunting Tuesday, switch to the .300 Blackout. Going Elk hunting on Wednesday, change your upper again to a 6.5 Grendel. All of those upper receivers can be used with the same type of lower which gives greater flexibility for the hunter and the AR platform.”

Grimsley, an 11-year U.S. Army veteran, also pointed to the AR-15s widespread familiarity as a reason some hunters, especially those coming from military and law enforcement backgrounds, are choosing modular sporting rifles.

“One of the main reasons that I started using an AR style rifle to hunt with was because it was so familiar to me,” Grimsley said. “I have been around the AR platform for about two decades now, between my father’s influence and my military time, and I have become extremely comfortable with its feedback, loading/unloading, placement of the safety, and remedial actions to clear malfunctions should there ever be any.”

DANG good for hunting Humans in MASS!
Here are some Whitey training for their MASS Shooting, on DEER!

So many shots in one animal.

Last edited:

DANG good for hunting Humans in MASS!
Here are some Whitey training for their MASS Shooting, on DEER!

So many shots in one animal.

No, actually, if you want to kill humans en masse.....you need a good rental truck...

The Vegas shooter, firing from an elevated position with surprise on his side and 22,000 densely packed targets took 11 minutes to murder 58 people and had to use 2 rifles.....

The French driver used a rental truck and murdered 89 people in 5 minutes.......

Other than full auto or burst firing, what is the difference between an AR-15, and the military M-16?

The burst firing and fully automatic fire......moron.........the AR-15 civilian rifle cannot burst fire or fire with automatic fire...it is a civilian and police rifle........there are 13 million of them in private hands and none of them can burst fire or fire automatically......they are not military rifles....

The burst firing and fully automatic fire......moron.........the AR-15 civilian rifle cannot burst fire or fire with automatic fire...it is a civilian and police rifle........there are 13 million of them in private hands and none of them can burst fire or fire automatically......they are not military rifles....
What that have to do with AR-*? MASS MURDERING!

But if it makes you feel good.
Our Terrorist US armed forces have carpet bomb civilian populations many times.
Killing 100-1000' in one attack.

rightie there moron.

But the semi-auto can be a fine MASS MURDERING TOOL!
Your Mass Murder is Sponsored by the NRA!

Last edited:

rightie there moron.

Not as good as a rental truck.....sponsored by General Motors......

The Vegas shooter had to use 2 rifles, firing from a secure, elevated position, firing into a tightly packed crowd of 22,000 people to murder 58 people...in 11 minutes of shooting.

The French driver...used a rental truck to murder 89 people in 5 minutes......more people than any mass public shooter in the United States, and more people than all of the mass shooters in 2016 combined....

If you want to murder a lot of people...use a rental truck....

rightie there moron.

Not as good as a rental truck.....sponsored by General Motors......

The Vegas shooter had to use 2 rifles, firing from a secure, elevated position, firing into a tightly packed crowd of 22,000 people to murder 58 people...in 11 minutes of shooting.

The French driver...used a rental truck to murder 89 people in 5 minutes......more people than any mass public shooter in the United States, and more people than all of the mass shooters in 2016 combined....

If you want to murder a lot of people...use a rental truck....

Gun nuts seem to think that's relevant in a discussion about gun control.How pathetic.

This is my opinion, but I thing certain parts in the BCG are more robust along with the gas impingement tube, because that tube will burn up turning the weapon into a single shot. Honestly though, you really have to dump ALLOT of ammo to burn a tube up.

Forum List

Back