The Ant and the Grasshopper

Earned income tax credit
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The United States federal earned income tax credit or earned income credit (EITC or EIC) is a refundable tax credit for low- and medium-income individuals and couples, primarily for those who have qualifying children.

Today, the EITC is one of the largest anti-poverty tools in the United States (despite the fact that most income measures, including the poverty rate, do not account for the credit).

Earned income tax credit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:clap2:

Intense is a multitasker. He can cut AND paste.

Just setting bait. ;)

Should an Audit ever be done on The Earned Income Tax Credit, I think many heads would roll. Another Grab Bag, big Government scheme to buy off Votes. I'm sure the Malls all love when those checks go out too. I bet most recipients have fun spending unearned money, on all sorts of worthless shit. ;)

I think of Ellis Island and the immigrants (my ancestors) that came over here for the American Dream. They worked their butts off, bought houses and provided a good living for their families. If they needed to work two or even three jobs they did. They didn't come here to live off the government. Good bosses appreciate hard workers and they are paid respectively.

I know many Italian and Irish immigrant families that are living quite comfortably and did so all by themselves. Not by beating up their fellow man because he made more than they did.

This entitlement generation makes me sick to my stomach.

The little red hen is a perfect example of what's going on today, no one wants to help but everyone wants to reap the rewards. I've asked this before and I'll ask again............why is it easier and more comfortable to earn 0 dollars than it is to work to make it. Pride and diligence are still important to some, albeit the number is growing smaller with each government hand out.

I think you need to read up on the Labor Movement and how your Italian and Irish forebears really got the American dream. They did indeed work their butts off, but they also fought for fair wages, better working conditions, and occassionally resorted to violence when the Plutocrats didn't give it to them.

The mentality of the LIberal who thinks that we should all go on welfare is bad, but so is the Republican mentality that we should all work ourselves into early graves so that Mitt Romney can buy another mansion.

Good bosses appreciate hard workers and they are paid respectively.

Horseshit. There are very few good bosses. Most bosses will go ahead and cheat you at every oppurtunity, because that's what they taught them at business school. And there's always the threat we can get a Chinese to do your job for less.

pointy%20haired%20boss.jpg
We've all worked for one.

that is what Shitty bosses do.. and i have Quit on every single one of them! :badgrin:

Nope. That's what all of them do. I used to tell myself that the "bad" ones were the only ones who do that, but the reality is, Dilbert is so popular because we've ALL worked for the Pointy Haired Boss. The clueless idiot who happily takes credit for your hard work and screws you over at the first oppurtunity.

If one is going to do a metaphoric political POV compaison via insects?

I'd propose that one compares bees to cockroaches.

Bees work in harmony for the greater good of the hive. If there isn't enough food, bees WILL destroy their larva to suit the available food

Cockroaches look out ONLY for themselves. They lay their eggs and abandon them. Cockroaches will not only eat their own young, they will seek out their own young to eat even if there's plenty of food available.

I'll leave it to your descretion which party you want to assign to the collectivist bees versus the individualist cockroaches.

Last edited:
Oh yeah one more thing.

Ants are ENTIRELY collectivist.

And ANTS will ALSO eat their neighbors when times are hard.

Grasshoppers do NOT work collectively and will NOT eat their own during hard times.

So if anything that metphor doesn't really work all that well UNLESS you ignore the reality of how ants and grasshoppers operate.

Intense is a multitasker. He can cut AND paste.

Just setting bait. ;)

Should an Audit ever be done on The Earned Income Tax Credit, I think many heads would roll. Another Grab Bag, big Government scheme to buy off Votes. I'm sure the Malls all love when those checks go out too. I bet most recipients have fun spending unearned money, on all sorts of worthless shit. ;)

Yup. Its always nice to get someone elses hardearned money.

You don't even have to work for it.

You mean the Good Old Days when people took care of themselves??

You mean the Good Old Days when people were responsible for themselves and paying their own bills??

Hell Yeah. I'll take the good old days any day of the week.

But then I'm a responsible person so Its a moot point.

In your good ole days...

Women graduating High School were told they could be nurses, secretaries, beauticians or teachers. They were warned to avoid "mens work"

Blacks were kept "in their place" and were quickly reminded if they forgot their place

Gays were beaten if their sexuality became known

Older americans were told by their Health insurers they were no longer a good risk

The poor were left to their own devices to find their piece of the American Pie.

Excuse me while I LMAO

Of course no one want to go back to those ridiculous days.

I was speaking about the part where people took care of themselves and no one depended on the Govt to bail their ass out when they made idiotic decisions in their lives.

People took care of themselves without the Govt giving them someone elses money.

You mean the Good Old Days when people took care of themselves??

You mean the Good Old Days when people were responsible for themselves and paying their own bills??

Hell Yeah. I'll take the good old days any day of the week.

But then I'm a responsible person so Its a moot point.

In your good ole days...

Women graduating High School were told they could be nurses, secretaries, beauticians or teachers. They were warned to avoid "mens work"

Blacks were kept "in their place" and were quickly reminded if they forgot their place

Older americans were told by their Health insurers they were no longer a good risk

The poor were left to their own devices to find their piece of the American Pie.

Excuse me while I LMAO

I was speaking about the part where people took care of themselves and no one depended on the Govt to bail their ass out when they made idiotic decisions in their lives.

People took care of themselves without the Govt giving them someone elses money.

There were still misfits and losers. They didn't take care of themselves, just they and their families suffered

That is what pisses conservatives off the most.......people dont suffer enough

In your good ole days...

Excuse me while I LMAO

There were still misfits and losers. They didn't take care of themselves, just they and their families suffered

Bullshit.

In your good ole days...

Excuse me while I LMAO

And there you have it.......Libs equate suffering with hard work. Busting your butt to pay your bills makes you suffer. :lol: :lol:

Might be a new sig line - Hard work = suffering, just ask RW. :)

Should a "living wage" include money for flat screens, cell phones, tattoos, piercings, manicures and pedicures?

What the fuck does this mean! Your statement is so fucking stupid it has to be called only that and that only.
With the stupid ass statement why do CEO's need shower curtains that are worth $1million dollars. Or spend $100, 000's of dollars on pets.
You are so dumb.

Who said a CEO 'needs' these things? Who said everything a low income person or a welfare person obtains or demands is a 'need'??

The fact is though... what you earn is based on your skills, abilities, decisions, efforts, etc.... and quite frankly, slinging fries is a skill every person has but running a corporation from the top is a skill that is rare...

You are a fucking idiot, calling others dumb... priceless

Excuse me while I LMAO

And there you have it.......Libs equate suffering with hard work. Busting your butt to pay your bills makes you suffer. :lol: :lol:

Show where I said hard work equates to suffering?

Do you have difficulty understanding what "misfits and losers" are?

What is this then?? LOL Major fail!!

What it means is that conservatives believe that people who are receiving public assistance need to suffer more. They squalk at any perceived "luxury" they may have

What it means is that conservatives believe that people who are receiving public assistance need to suffer more. They squalk at any perceived "luxury" they may have

No.. that is what YOU want to portray as the belief of 'righties'... because THAT fits YOUR agenda...

It is YOU that cannot stand the fact that those on 'assistance' sure seem to have monies for things that are not 'needs'... yet still receive these handouts at the expense of others..... the showing of this fact does not equate to 'conservatives' wanting people to suffer more

you're about as sharp as a bowling ball

Can't read, can you?

"...a standard high enough to make morality possible, to provide for education and recreation..."

Besides, television is one of the cheapest forms of recreation possible.

And since when is it up to YOU what people spend the money they EARN on? We're talking WAGES, not government handouts.
Sanctimonious jerk.

The objective of the "living wage" argument is for the government to force employers to pay more than they would if they weren't coerced. In other words, the recipients didn't earn it. The "living wage" is illegal swag collected via extortion.

Welfare/Subsidy Queen Ants like Michelle Bachmann?

Not to mention corporate america having their hands out yet the right forgets all of those greedy worthless bastards.

Libs are the one dishing out welfare to corporate leeches like GM, Archers Daniels Midlands, and Solyndra. I don't think you'll find many Republicans who supported any of that.

Can't read, can you?

"...a standard high enough to make morality possible, to provide for education and recreation..."

Besides, television is one of the cheapest forms of recreation possible.

And since when is it up to YOU what people spend the money they EARN on? We're talking WAGES, not government handouts.
Sanctimonious jerk.

The objective of the "living wage" argument is for the government to force employers to pay more than they would if they weren't coerced. In other words, the recipients didn't earn it. The "living wage" is illegal swag collected via extortion.

Employers who pay less than a living wage expect the taxpayers to make up the difference to pay for food, housing and medical care for their employees

Forum List

Back