The Ant and the Grasshopper

Class Warfare and Race-Baiting Division are proven winners for the Democratic Party. It's all about the 'Divide & Conquer.' They do it simply because it works. It's all in Saul Alinsky's 'Rules for Radicals.' An effective Community Organizer is one who is always stirring up bitterness & envy. The Sheople really do eat it up. Anyway, this is a great post. 'Post of the Year' Nominee for sure.

Pauli want a cracker?

Pauli want's his own cracker. Let's try to be more distinct.

LOL, Pauli (or Polly) want a cracker was my way of suggesting paulitician's post was nothing more than parroting of right wing talking points.

Of course he wants his 'cracker' it's HIS cracker.

Self reliance?? What the hell is that??

Shit we have a generation of folks in this country who thinks the Govt is her to take care of them. They have no problem sucking up every dime they can from the Govt. Of course its someone elses hardearned tax dollar but what the hey. Free money is free money in their book.

They have no incentive to go out and earn a living. Why should they when the Govt is gonna give em someone elses money??

Things sure have changed in this country. Pretty soon the takers will outnumber the providers.

That will be a fun time for sure.

where is this generation you speak of? all in your head and on your sensationalized news programs that you feed off of like a sheep from a farmer's hand.

If you can't figure out which generation it is then I feel for ya GT.

BTW hows the new little one?? You should update your pic. What a cutie.

Self reliance?? What the hell is that??

Shit we have a generation of folks in this country who thinks the Govt is her to take care of them. They have no problem sucking up every dime they can from the Govt. Of course its someone elses hardearned tax dollar but what the hey. Free money is free money in their book.

They have no incentive to go out and earn a living. Why should they when the Govt is gonna give em someone elses money??

Things sure have changed in this country. Pretty soon the takers will outnumber the providers.

That will be a fun time for sure.

where is this generation you speak of? all in your head and on your sensationalized news programs that you feed off of like a sheep from a farmer's hand.

I dont need your pity - the Generation doesn't exist. Just a small percentage of people take "advantage" of the system, and you take the few "man on the street" interviewing retards and are suddenly duped into believing there's an entire Generation of these idiots out there - so - I feel bad for you, on the contrary.

I go outside. The news = / = real life, and numbers don't lie either.

I know you have seen this before. But I think it demonstrates the difference between liberals and conservatives. The Ant = conservative of coruse, and the grasshopper equals liberal.

The ant works hard, in the withering heat, all summer long.
He builds his house and stores supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks that the ant is a fool.
He laughs, dances and plays the summer away, preparing nothing for the coming winter.

Winter comes, the ant is safe and warm.
The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

The moral to the story being: BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW VERSION . . . (sad but true)

The ant works hard, in the withering heat, all summer long.
He builds his house and stores supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks that the ant is a fool.
He laughs, dances and plays the summer away, preparing nothing for the coming winter.

Winter comes, the ant is safe and warm.
The shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and fed, while others are cold and starving!

CBS, NBC, ABC & CNN show up to provide pictures of shivering grasshoppers, next to a video of an ant
in his comfortable home, with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast! How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor
grasshopper is allowed to suffer this way?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah, with the grasshopper.
Everyone cries when they sing "It's Not Easy Being Green".

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house, where the news stations film the group
singing "We Shall Overcome".
Jesse then has the group pray for the grasshopper's sake, and reminds the group to contribute to his group, so that he can "continue the fight" for grasshoppers, everywhere!

Ted Kennedy & John Kerry exclaim, in an interview with Tom Brokaw, that the ant has gotten rich, off
the back of the poor grasshopper!
Both call for an immediate tax hike, to make the ant pay "his fair share"!

Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity For Grasshoppers Act", retroactive to the beginning of the
summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire the proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to
pay his retroactive taxes, his house is confiscated by the government.

Hillary Clinton gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper, in a defamation suit against the ant.
The case is tried in federal court, with a jury comprised of unemployed welfare recipients.

Surprise! The ant loses the case!

The story ends, as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food, while the government house he lives in (which happens to be the ant's old house) crumbles around him,
due to lack of maintenance!

The ant has disappeared in the snow.
The grasshopper is found, dead, in a drug-related incident.
The house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders, who terrorize this once-peaceful neighborhood.

The moral of this version? Don't vote for Democrats or liberals.

The moral of this thread is that liberals have no morals.
And think the government can make everything moral.

:lol:

I dont need your pity - the Generation doesn't exist. Just a small percentage of people take "advantage" of the system, and you take the few "man on the street" interviewing retards and are suddenly duped into believing there's an entire Generation of these idiots out there - so - I feel bad for you, on the contrary.

I agree that not all folks take advantage of whats available. Your right there.

Ever since LBJ's War on Poverty back in the 60's the message has been going out and people have been taking advantage of the free money.

I call 50 years a generation.

Thanks for your sympathy though. You know I will appreciate it.

Ever since LBJ's War on Poverty back in the 60's the message has been going out and people have been taking advantage of the free money.

Do you prefer the pre-1965 America?

Do you prefer the pre-1965 America?

The good old days..

You mean the Good Old Days when people took care of themselves??

You mean the Good Old Days when people were responsible for themselves and paying their own bills??

Hell Yeah. I'll take the good old days any day of the week.

But then I'm a responsible person so Its a moot point.

You mean the Good Old Days when people were responsible for themselves and paying their own bills??

How many people aren't paying their own bills and aren't taking care of themselves, exactly?

You mean the good old days when women got half the pay as a man, for the same work?

How well would you be able to take care of yourself in the "good old days"?

Fortunately, President Obama fixed that income inequality with the Lilly Ledbetter Act.

In your good ole days...

Women graduating High School were told they could be nurses, secretaries, beauticians or teachers. They were warned to avoid "mens work"

Blacks were kept "in their place" and were quickly reminded if they forgot their place

Gays were beaten if their sexuality became known

Older americans were told by their Health insurers they were no longer a good risk

The poor were left to their own devices to find their piece of the American Pie.

How many people aren't paying their own bills and aren't taking care of themselves, exactly?

About half the population....

HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling government debt | Mail Online

article-2105131-11DDF887000005DC-294_468x702.jpg

In your good ole days...

Women graduating High School were told they could be nurses, secretaries, beauticians or teachers. They were warned to avoid "mens work"

Blacks were kept "in their place" and were quickly reminded if they forgot their place

Older americans were told by their Health insurers they were no longer a good risk

The poor were left to their own devices to find their piece of the American Pie.

Why dont you fucking leave RW? You hate America so much..... This is the greatest nation on the face of earth and you have ZERO good things to say about it.

Fuck you are a wet blanket!

HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling government debt | Mail Online

Not paying income taxes means you're not working and buying your own things?
Not paying income taxes means you dont pay any taxes at all?

Not paying income taxes means you get everything you own bought by tax money?

In your good ole days...

Why dont you fucking leave RW? You hate America so much..... This is the greatest nation on the face of earth and you have ZERO good things to say about it.

Fuck you are a wet blanket!

Why, I love my country

That is why I am pointing out what a much better country we are today than 50 years ago

Last edited:

Can't get blood from a stone.

Nice chart.....it tells a lot

Now what do you think happened in 1980 and 2000 to make so many people pay no federal taxes?

Why it was Reagan and Bush cutting tax rates. It's not that they wanted the poorer Americans to pay less in taxes but in order to sell their tax cuts for the wealthy, they had to offer them to the poor also

You left off a few vital important elements of circa 1965....The wages between the CEO's and the middle class where no where near what they are today.
Makes a big difference when the wealthy can take the bigger portion of the pie than the workers. So don't pat so few on the back when they have put all of the rules and regulations into their favor.

Earned income tax credit
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The United States federal earned income tax credit or earned income credit (EITC or EIC) is a refundable tax credit for low- and medium-income individuals and couples, primarily for those who have qualifying children. When the credit exceeds the amount of taxes owed, it results in a tax refund to those who qualify and claim the credit. That is, this credit is refundable. This tax credit is provided, in part, to offset the burden of social security taxes and to maintain an incentive to work.[1] It has also been part of political debates regarding whether to raise the minimum wage or whether to increase the earned income credit[citation needed], with the EIC being targeted to persons and couples taking care of children (with parents receiving preference over other family members).

A qualifying child must meet the three tests of age, relationship, and shared residence. Foster children also count provided they have either been officially placed or are a member of one’s extended family. A “child” can be up to and including age 18. A child classified as a full-time student for five calendar months can be up to and including age 23. If a person is classified as "permanently and totally disabled" for the year (physician states one year or more), he or she can be any age and still count as one’s qualifying “child” provided the other requirements are met. Parents must claim their child(ren) if eligible unless they are waiving this year's credit to an extended family member who has a higher AGI. There is no support test for EIC. There is a six month plus one shared day residency test.[2][3]

For tax year 2011, the maximum EITC for a single person or a married couple filing jointly without qualifying children is $464, up from $457 in tax year 2010. The maximum EITC for a single person or a married couple filing jointly with one child is $3,094, up from $3,050 in 2010, for a single person or a married couple filing jointly with two children is $5,112, up from $5,036 in 2010, and for a single person or a married couple filing jointly with three or more children is $5,751, up from $5,666 in 2010.[4] [2][5] Most people do not receive the maximum credit. EIC phases in slowly, has a medium-length plateau, and then phases out more slowly than it phased in. And since the credit phases out at 21% (two or more children) or 16% (one child), it is always preferable to have one more dollar of actual salary or wages on "the margin" (and technically, since the table for the EIC moves by fifty dollar increments, it's always preferable to have an extra fifty-dollar increment of salary or wages).

Enacted in 1975, the initially modest EIC has been expanded by tax legislation on a number of occasions, including the widely-publicized Reagan Tax Reform Act of 1986, and was further expanded in 1990, 1993, and 2001, regardless of whether the act in general raised taxes (1990, 1993), lowered taxes (2001), or eliminated other deductions and credits (1986).[6]

In the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the EITC was temporarily expanded for two specific groups: those families with three or more children and married couples; this expansion was extended through December 2012 by H.R. 4853, the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010. Effective for the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 filing seasons, the EITC will support these taxpayers by:

Increasing benefits for larger families by creating a new category or “third tier” of the EITC for families with three or more children. In this tier, the credit phases in at 45 percent of income (up from 40 percent), effectively increasing the maximum credit for these families by almost $600.
Increasing marriage penalty relief by raising the income threshold at which the EITC begins to phase out for married couples to $5,000 above the amount for unmarried filers (an increase of $2,000).[7]

Today, the EITC is one of the largest anti-poverty tools in the United States (despite the fact that most income measures, including the poverty rate, do not account for the credit).

Earned income tax credit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back