"The American government should take care of us."

:rolleyes:

Of course Liberals hate the idea that the military is good at anything.

This is very amusing.

Last week Obama was bad because people in Haiti were suffering.
This week Obama is bad because people in Haiti are grateful for our help.

Why do you engage in nonsense like this?

The Haitian government is on of the most corrupt and inept in human history. They afe incapable of handling a disaster of this magnitude without lining their own pockets first.

I don't want the US to do anything close to taking over Haiti's problems but would like to see the UN provide oversight. They were hungry before the earthquake due to a useless government. It is time for the world to step in and help that hell hole

When has the UN proven itself capable of administering anything without equal amounts of graft and corruption? Remember Oil for Food?

I am still mystified as to why we are compelled to send hundreds of millions of dollars and men to clean up their mess. Haiti isn't New Orleans. Now we will own the country and this will only become a lightning rod of criticism for the U.S.

We are compelled to send aid to people in trouble because we are basically a nation of kindhearted people andthe only nation in the world which measures its culture by its goodness.

I'm a little shaky on the law involved, but I think the Haitians would have to apply to become a US territory AND be accepted before we would end up owning them, since - despite the wailing of leftists - we really aren't an imperialist nation.

On what facts do you base this elitist diaper sludge on?

I agree with rightwinger. Although I believe the U.N. is corrupt and inept, they aren't going anyhere. Disaster relief should be their purpose.

I am not surprised that Haiti would like to be part of the U.S. Despite the grumblings of the left that the world hates us or some shit, the truth is most people in foreign countries love Americans and their generosity. We should be proud of that.

If President Obama decided that aid would be better spent by the NGO's than the corrupt Haitian government, will people object? I certainly won't, but I have a feeling many of the church haters will.

"We already have plenty of poor ignorant Blacks"

Anyone who thinks this is not racist is a racist.

PERIOD!!!!!!!

You people call it the race card because you think this is a fucking game.

It is not a fucking game.

face reality folks.

The Haitian government is on of the most corrupt and inept in human history. They afe incapable of handling a disaster of this magnitude without lining their own pockets first.

I don't want the US to do anything close to taking over Haiti's problems but would like to see the UN provide oversight. They were hungry before the earthquake due to a useless government. It is time for the world to step in and help that hell hole

When has the UN proven itself capable of administering anything without equal amounts of graft and corruption? Remember Oil for Food?

I am still mystified as to why we are compelled to send hundreds of millions of dollars and men to clean up their mess. Haiti isn't New Orleans. Now we will own the country and this will only become a lightning rod of criticism for the U.S.

Because we are the wealthiest nation on earth. Because the US has always been willing to help those in need. Because we care about our fellow human beings. Because the people need us. Because you get more long term out of helping people than threatening people.....

Are you SERIOUS? We can't even afford to take care of our own people. We need to stop this insanity.

Because we are the wealthiest nation on earth. Because the US has always been willing to help those in need. Because we care about our fellow human beings. Because the people need us. Because you get more long term out of helping people than threatening people.....

Are you SERIOUS? We can't even afford to take care of our own people. We need to stop this insanity.

How many Americans are dying in the streets? How many are starving?

Regardless of how you look at it, the poorest American is in better financial position then these Haitian refugees

We are the richest nation on earth and this happened in our backyard. To turn our back on those in need would be..........whats the word?................Republican

Regardless of how you look at it, the poorest American is in better financial position then these Haitian refugees

We are the richest nation on earth and this happened in our backyard. To turn our back on those in need would be..........whats the word?................Republican

our poor live like kings compared to Haiti and many other impoverished countries. At least here we have shelters, handouts, other rich people around that will help. In these types of countries like Haiti, everybody is poor. there are no shelters, aid from others.

Like someone said, these people are probably eating better with the earthquake and the aid than they were before it.

PERIOD!!!!!!!

It is not a fucking game. Because in a fucking game you have players who have some minimal competence. You seem to lack that.
Please point out which part of my statement was either inaccurate or racist.

And to expect we will be able to go into a country, pile in a bunch of men, money and materiel and change their dysfunctional corrupt culture is, what, Liberal?

While I see a moral necessity in sending some aid, stabilizing the situation, taking care of the worst of the worst I see no brief anywhere for the kind of response we are making. And it will backfire when other nations, like France, accuse us of imperialism.

And to expect we will be able to go into a country, pile in a bunch of men, money and materiel and change their dysfunctional corrupt culture is, what, Liberal?

While I see a moral necessity in sending some aid, stabilizing the situation, taking care of the worst of the worst I see no brief anywhere for the kind of response we are making. And it will backfire when other nations, like France, accuse us of imperialism.

Since when do you care what France thinks?

PERIOD!!!!!!!

It is not a fucking game. Because in a fucking game you have players who have some minimal competence. You seem to lack that.

Because you wish to put a limit on the amount of black people we have in this country.

You obviously think its a detriment to this country to have more black people.

our poor live like kings compared to Haiti and many other impoverished countries. At least here we have shelters, handouts, other rich people around that will help. In these types of countries like Haiti, everybody is poor. there are no shelters, aid from others.

Like someone said, these people are probably eating better with the earthquake and the aid than they were before it.

Fuck you and the horses you rode in on. Have you had your head up your ass for the past year? We have tent cities of our own because unemployment is at or above 10%, plus our wonderful capitalistic society's banks decided "credit default swaps" were grat ideas, until the bottom fell out and forced them to foreclose on hundreds of thousands of people's homes. Until not a single US mililtary veteran sleeps in the streets, I don't think we should be sending, or promising BILLIONS of dollars to other countries who will more than likel squander the money away as their governments are failures.

Fuck you and the horses you rode in on. Have you had your head up your ass for the past year? We have tent cities of our own because unemployment is at or above 10%, plus our wonderful capitalistic society's banks decided "credit default swaps" were grat ideas, until the bottom fell out and forced them to foreclose on hundreds of thousands of people's homes. Until not a single US mililtary veteran sleeps in the streets, I don't think we should be sending, or promising BILLIONS of dollars to other countries who will more than likel squander the money away as their governments are failures.

What the fuck are you talking about? Nutjob. Compared to Haiti and many other impoverished countries, our poor do live much better. Did I make any statements about not helping people in this country?

man people need to learn reading comprehension, fucking a! Did the horse you rode in on kick you in the head?

Since when do you care what France thinks?

Apparently French approval is the measure of success with this administration.

PERIOD!!!!!!!

Because you wish to put a limit on the amount of black people we have in this country.

Where the fuck did you get that from? You pull it out of your ass or something?
I didnt say anything remotely resembling that. Learn to read before you respond.
Personally I think you are just projecting your own opinion on this and you're really the racist here.

PERIOD!!!!!!!

Where DID you get that from?

Not that MY opinion matters to you at all ... but I found myself agreeing with your post, for the first time. That is until you used the word Republican. Why do you generalize like that? Throw all of us in the same mix. It's wrong RightWinger. But of course, you won't see that. It was just an asshole thing to say.

hey VA Yank, instead of simply saying I need a reality check and pull my head out of my ass, why don't you tell me wha'ts wrong with my statement?

the Poor in this country can get wellfare, food stamps, can go to soup kitchens for food and shelters for a warm bed. Their are plenty of organizations helping them. they can even panhandle and get money, because other people in this country have money. Places like Haiti and many places in africa, there is no money. Most everybody is poor, the land is arid and unable to produce crops, and these people can't get handouts, shelter and food.

Man, there is an entire world out there other than what your small little worldview is. REad a book, watch a documentary, read accounts of these impoverished country and what these people go through. Pull you head out of your ass. Sorry I'm not like you and only care about americans, I care about people of other countries. 1 billion people are starving in this world

Man, its getting scary how stupid so many people are and their inability for basic reading comprehension and any sort of critical thinking

Forum List

Back