"The American government should take care of us."

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
But even as food-aid workers enjoyed their most successful day since the Jan. 12 earthquake, the increasingly prominent role of U.S. troops and civilians in the capital is creating high expectations that the Obama administration is struggling to contain.

The needs are extraordinary, and the common refrain is that the Americans will provide.

"I want the Americans to take over the country. The Haitian government can't do anything for us," said Jean-Louis Geffrard, a laborer who lives under a tarp in the crowded square. "When we tell the government we're hungry, the government says, 'We're hungry, too.' "

Added Canga Matthieu, a medical student whose school was destroyed: "The American government should take care of us."

"We only got rice. No oil, nothing. And it's not easy to find water," said Flore Laurent, who is eight months pregnant. But she had nothing but praise for the role of the American soldiers. "I vote for the help of the U.S., 100 percent."

The United States should take over the country," said Andrelita Laguerre, shepherding four children and a grandchild at the camp. "Most of my friends expect the United States to take over. I wish!"

washingtonpost.com

Oh my.

But even as food-aid workers enjoyed their most successful day since the Jan. 12 earthquake, the increasingly prominent role of U.S. troops and civilians in the capital is creating high expectations that the Obama administration is struggling to contain.

The needs are extraordinary, and the common refrain is that the Americans will provide.

"I want the Americans to take over the country. The Haitian government can't do anything for us," said Jean-Louis Geffrard, a laborer who lives under a tarp in the crowded square. "When we tell the government we're hungry, the government says, 'We're hungry, too.' "

Added Canga Matthieu, a medical student whose school was destroyed: "The American government should take care of us."

"We only got rice. No oil, nothing. And it's not easy to find water," said Flore Laurent, who is eight months pregnant. But she had nothing but praise for the role of the American soldiers. "I vote for the help of the U.S., 100 percent."

The United States should take over the country," said Andrelita Laguerre, shepherding four children and a grandchild at the camp. "Most of my friends expect the United States to take over. I wish!"

washingtonpost.com

Oh my.

You want the Government to provide for you, why shouldn't they?

The Murkin gooberment should disappear.
The states should have never united to begin with.
That was an old empire trick imported from the land of the inbred.

Once upon a time it was considered a good thing to be looked upon as heroes.

How sad that it no longer is...

You start out being heroes but eventually they end up resenting you.....or maybe even trying to kill you because you've worn out your welcome.

Once you begin helping people they learn to expect that help.

This story seems to be something the press wants to use to illustrate Obama is doing good in Haiti.

Obama is conducting town halls and trying to tell us all of the stuff that happened last year never happened. He dropped Haiti a few days after the event. He turned it over to the military and to Hillary.

What this story tells us....and Liberals will hate this idea....is that our military men and women can be really good at disaster relief. They're better at it then just about anyone.

Last edited:

The Haitian government is on of the most corrupt and inept in human history. They are incapable of handling a disaster of this magnitude without lining their own pockets first.

I don't want the US to do anything close to taking over Haiti's problems but would like to see the UN provide oversight. They were hungry before the earthquake due to a useless government. It is time for the world to step in and help that hell hole

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Of course Liberals hate the idea that the military is good at anything.

This is very amusing.

Last week Obama was bad because people in Haiti were suffering.
This week Obama is bad because people in Haiti are grateful for our help.

The Haitian government is on of the most corrupt and inept in human history. They afe incapable of handling a disaster of this magnitude without lining their own pockets first.

I don't want the US to do anything close to taking over Haiti's problems but would like to see the UN provide oversight. They were hungry before the earthquake due to a useless government. It is time for the world to step in and help that hell hole

When has the UN proven itself capable of administering anything without equal amounts of graft and corruption? Remember Oil for Food?

I am still mystified as to why we are compelled to send hundreds of millions of dollars and men to clean up their mess. Haiti isn't New Orleans. Now we will own the country and this will only become a lightning rod of criticism for the U.S.

Well, I imagine some of these Haitian folks are eating and drinking better now than they were before the earthquake.

The Murkin gooberment should disappear.
The states should have never united to begin with.
That was an old empire trick imported from the land of the inbred.

Perhaps if you learned how to spell properly people would take you serious. I mean what are you 12?

The Haitian government is on of the most corrupt and inept in human history. They afe incapable of handling a disaster of this magnitude without lining their own pockets first.

When has the UN proven itself capable of administering anything without equal amounts of graft and corruption? Remember Oil for Food?

I am still mystified as to why we are compelled to send hundreds of millions of dollars and men to clean up their mess. Haiti isn't New Orleans. Now we will own the country and this will only become a lightning rod of criticism for the U.S.

Because we are the wealthiest nation on earth. Because the US has always been willing to help those in need. Because we care about our fellow human beings. Because the people need us. Because you get more long term out of helping people than threatening people.....

Actually the Chinese are the wealthiest on earth.
Just because we've "always" done something doesnt mean we need to do it again.
The people need food, water, medicine, and housing. They dont care where it comes from.
What are we going to get in the long term by buying this island? We already have plenty of poor ignorant Blacks. We don't need more.

But you failed to answer the question of why the UN needs to be in charge when they have failed at every other type activity like this.

Right ... that's all we need. Take over the government in Haiti. I'm thinking the current corrupt government would have a problem with stepping aside.

It would be nice if Barack Obama could get a handle on our own government ... never mind the government in Haiti.

Actually the Chinese are the wealthiest on earth.
Just because we've "always" done something doesnt mean we need to do it again.
The people need food, water, medicine, and housing. They dont care where it comes from.
What are we going to get in the long term by buying this island? We already have plenty of poor ignorant Blacks. We don't need more.

But you failed to answer the question of why the UN needs to be in charge when they have failed at every other type activity like this.

No they are not. 600 million Chinese are still peasants and don't even have running water. The US has three times the GDP of China with only one fifth the population

The UN needs to be in charge because right wing Americans will whine like little bitches if the US leads the effort.

I dont have a problem if Haiti decided to become a territory of the United States as long as they actually try to develop their country.

Once upon a time it was considered a good thing to be looked upon as heroes.

How sad that it no longer is...

And a goivernment program to help Americans used to be looked at as "unusual" and "a great help when in a time of need"

Now it is considered the norm and marketed as a way to eliminate "times of need".

Forum List

Back