"The American government should take care of us."

Are you SERIOUS? We can't even afford to take care of our own people. We need to stop this insanity.

How many Americans are dying in the streets? How many are starving?

Regardless of how you look at it, the poorest American is in better financial position then these Haitian refugees

We are the richest nation on earth and this happened in our backyard. To turn our back on those in need would be..........whats the word?................Republican

Not that MY opinion matters to you at all ... but I found myself agreeing with your post, for the first time. That is until you used the word Republican. Why do you generalize like that? Throw all of us in the same mix. It's wrong RightWinger. But of course, you won't see that. It was just an asshole thing to say.

Just teasing masquerade.........I know that Republicans have as big a heart as anyone

Regardless of how you look at it, the poorest American is in better financial position then these Haitian refugees

We are the richest nation on earth and this happened in our backyard. To turn our back on those in need would be..........whats the word?................Republican

Not that MY opinion matters to you at all ... but I found myself agreeing with your post, for the first time. That is until you used the word Republican. Why do you generalize like that? Throw all of us in the same mix. It's wrong RightWinger. But of course, you won't see that. It was just an asshole thing to say.

Just teasing masquerade.........I know that Republicans have as big a heart as anyone

Unless you want to provide healthcare to less fortunate children in the United States, that is...

But even as food-aid workers enjoyed their most successful day since the Jan. 12 earthquake, the increasingly prominent role of U.S. troops and civilians in the capital is creating high expectations that the Obama administration is struggling to contain.

The needs are extraordinary, and the common refrain is that the Americans will provide.

"I want the Americans to take over the country. The Haitian government can't do anything for us," said Jean-Louis Geffrard, a laborer who lives under a tarp in the crowded square. "When we tell the government we're hungry, the government says, 'We're hungry, too.' "

Added Canga Matthieu, a medical student whose school was destroyed: "The American government should take care of us."

"We only got rice. No oil, nothing. And it's not easy to find water," said Flore Laurent, who is eight months pregnant. But she had nothing but praise for the role of the American soldiers. "I vote for the help of the U.S., 100 percent."

The United States should take over the country," said Andrelita Laguerre, shepherding four children and a grandchild at the camp. "Most of my friends expect the United States to take over. I wish!"

washingtonpost.com

Oh my.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think all the Katrina Refugees were re-settled in Port Au Prince.

:rolleyes:

Of course Liberals hate the idea that the military is good at anything.

This is very amusing.

Last week Obama was bad because people in Haiti were suffering.
This week Obama is bad because people in Haiti are grateful for our help.

I don't think Haiti crosses his mind anymore.

Sorry the thought of that bothers you.

Because we are the wealthiest nation on earth. Because the US has always been willing to help those in need. Because we care about our fellow human beings. Because the people need us. Because you get more long term out of helping people than threatening people.....

Are you SERIOUS? We can't even afford to take care of our own people. We need to stop this insanity.

Riiiight. Call me when you smug, self-righteous leftists donate anything like the same amount of money and time to charity that conservatives do, hypocrite.

"We already have plenty of poor ignorant Blacks"

Anyone who thinks this is not racist is a racist.

PERIOD!!!!!!!

You people call it the race card because you think this is a fucking game.

It is not a fucking game.

It is not a fucking game. Because in a fucking game you have players who have some minimal competence. You seem to lack that.
Please point out which part of my statement was either inaccurate or racist.

Because you wish to put a limit on the amount of black people we have in this country.

You obviously think its a detriment to this country to have more black people.

No, just poor, ignorant ones. I'd be willing to bet he doesn't want poor, ignorant people of other colors flooding in, either, but see, we're talking about Haiti, which happens to be populated by black people.

The only racist I see is the one who thinks any mention of the basic fact of someone's race MUST automatically be a hate crime.

With a quick search, I found this.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

Rasmussen poll?

Actually, that was the result received by several studies. I have yet to hear a single one cited that found the opposite.

"I want the Americans to take over the country. The Haitian government can't do anything for us," said Jean-Louis Geffrard, a laborer who lives under a tarp in the crowded square. "When we tell the government we're hungry, the government says, 'We're hungry, too.' "

The Haitian government is on of the most corrupt and inept in human history. They are incapable of handling a disaster of this magnitude without lining their own pockets first.

I don't want the US to do anything close to taking over Haiti's problems but would like to see the UN provide oversight. They were hungry before the earthquake due to a useless government. It is time for the world to step in and help that hell hole

What has the U N ever done that has been effective?? How many billions a year in U.S tax dollars do they get??? They are a worthless organization and always have been.

Unless you want to provide healthcare to less fortunate children in the United States, that is...

SCHIP look it up dumbass.

I swear you people are beyond stupid. First of all there is only a fraction of Americans that do not have insurance, most because they choose not to buy it and others earn to much to be placed on medicaid and then you have the illegal fucks that should be deported by the truckloads.

You and the stupid liberal congress wants to ruin everyone's healthcare for the sake of a few. That's stupid beyond the pale. You stupid fucks don't have the intelligence to think for youselves. VaginaYank is one of the stupidest fucks on here and it's just been proven by the statement about "less fortunate children", the idiot doesn't pay attention to what's going on in the country and probably has never heard of S-Chip. Stupid stupid stupid fucks the whole lot you liberal idiots.

I swear you people are beyond stupid. First of all there is only a fraction of Americans that do not have insurance, most because they choose not to buy it and others earn to much to be placed on medicaid and then you have the illegal fucks that should be deported by the truckloads.

You and the stupid liberal congress wants to ruin everyone's healthcare for the sake of a few. That's stupid beyond the pale. You stupid fucks don't have the intelligence to think for youselves. VaginaYank is one of the stupidest fucks on here and it's just been proven by the statement about "less fortunate children", the idiot doesn't pay attention to what's going on in the country and probably has never heard of S-Chip. Stupid stupid stupid fucks the whole lot you liberal idiots.

maybe cause you are so dumb that anything of intelligence you can't understand, so just claim its dumb. 90% of your posts are the dumbest, most unoriginal stuff I've ever seen ("stupid fucks can't think for yourselfs" you claim, yet you spout every single typical talking point, that majority of conservatives spout over and over). I don't know what you call logic in Texas, but it sure as shit not what you are putting forth.

Not to mention the fact that among those charities that conservatives are putting their own money and sweat into while leftists sit on their asses, congratulating themselves for their "compassion" in voting more taxes to the government, are groups that provide medical care AND research for children. So who REALLY wants to give healthcare to children? The people actually out there doing it at this moment, or the ones who want warm fuzzies for voting for someone else to handle it eventually, down the road at some point?

But you failed to answer the question of why the UN needs to be in charge when they have failed at every other type activity like this.

The UN needs to be in charge because right wing Americans will whine like little bitches if the US leads the effort.

Have you bought your copy of the remake of, "WE ARE THE WORLD-2010," yet?

Don't make Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones beg.

Forum List

Back