"From day one, this administration has made clear that a border wall is not the answer.", 12,000 illegals in one day agree!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
There is no new administration policy with respect to border walls," Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas said in a statement. "From day one, this administration has made clear that a border wall is not the answer. That remains our position."
Stunning images show Arizona border overrun by massive surge of adult male migrants from across globe
The Tucson Sector saw over 17,000 encounters in a week, a new record

There is no new administration policy with respect to border walls," Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas said in a statement. "From day one, this administration has made clear that a border wall is not the answer. That remains our position."
Stunning images show Arizona border overrun by massive surge of adult male migrants from across globe
If GOP stay the course on Ukraine funding for a wall, it will spell disaster for Dems in 2024. Th greatest gift to the GOP

I agree. The wall is stupid.

A grade school response to a complex issue.

You'd think Trump would have asked the Saudis how they solved their problems with illegals.

I agree. The wall is stupid.

A grade school response to a complex issue.
At least it sends a message that illegals are not welcome here, Instead of rolling out the red carpet for them as Biden is doing.

What we should do is:

1) Take all the hundreds of billions we spend on these illegals every year and hire a massive army of border control agents.

2) Restore Wait in Mexico.

3) Let the illegals know that when they get caught, and then claim “asylum”, we will not pay to bus them or fly them to the city of their choice, put them up in hotels, provide three meals a day, and enroll their non-English speaking children in our schools and lower the caliber of the classroom.

Instead, let them know they will be caught at the border, sent to Mexico, and wait there for six months or however long it takes for their hearing. Only about 5% have valid asylum claims - and they know it.

1701898149614.png

Do you have a better idea?
Im not sure. I guess this is what I would propose.

Congress needs to change amensty laws so amnesty is not so easy to claim, they need to change VISA laws/system to stop VISA overstays; which make up about half of all illegals in the country right now, and we need to create laws that fine employers of illegals so harshly it is more expensive to hire illegals then it is Americans.

These three things need to be addressed and legislated on their own. No throwing Ukraine or wall money or whatever with the bills.

Im not sure. I guess this is what I would propose.

Congress needs to change amensty laws so amnesty is not so easy to claim, they need to change VISA laws/system to stop VISA overstays; which make up about half of all illegals in the country right now, and we need to create laws that fine employers of illegals so harshly it is more expensive to hire illegals then it is Americans.

These three things need to be addressed and legislated on their own. No throwing Ukraine or wall money or whatever with the bills.
I am for closing the amnesty loopholes

As for overstays when you find them you need a court order to expel them and that usually means turning them loose till they get a hearing

So that loophole needs to be closed also

And I dont object with punishing employers who KNOWINGLY hire illegals

But by all means take away all assets of the illegals and deport them and their extended family immediately

Unfortunately thats mostly just wishful thinking as long as biden is president

So why are you violently opposed to stoping them at the border as much as we can?

Why not work on the problem from every angle instead of just yours alone?

Thats not trumps wall

But no barrier is impregnable and must be augmented with camera, sensors and boots on the ground
And most of all return them to mexico the same day they arrive and we catch them

I am for closing the amnesty loopholes

As for overstays when you find them you need a court order to expel them and that usually means turning them loose till they get a hearing

So that loophole needs to be closed also

And I dont object with punishing employers who KNOWINGLY hire illegals

But by all means take away all assets of the illegals and deport them and their extended family immediately

Unfortunately thats mostly just wishful thinking as long as biden is president

So why are you violently opposed to stoping them at the border as much as we can?

Why not work on the problem from every angle instead of just yours alone?
Violently appose? Getting a little sensational aren't you?

Expensive. Easily overcome. Legal land issues. Migration issues (animals).

We should not be desiring a president take care of these problems that are the responsibility of Congress anyhow.

That isn't how our government is supposed to work. EOs won't cut it.

Congress needs to legislate which means compromise. But we can't compromise because then you will get primaried by Trump which means no legislation which means more desire for a strong authoritarian leader like the guy who is primarying everyone who apposes him.

Oh. I agree with most of the rest of your post.

Violently appose? Getting a little sensational aren't you?

Expensive. Easily overcome. Legal land issues. Migration issues (animals).

We should not be desiring a president take care of these problems that are the responsibility of Congress anyhow.

That isn't how our government is supposed to work. EOs won't cut it.

Congress needs to legislate which means compromise. But we can't compromise because then you will get primaried by Trump which means no legislation which means more desire for a strong authoritarian leader like the guy who is primarying everyone who apposes him.

Oh. I agree with most of the rest of your post.
You object to the word “violently?”

I dont blame you. Its a loaded term

Let me put it another way

I supported your ideas for illegal alien reform

But you rejected out of hand the wall that millions of trump supporters want

The wall and all the other measures should as you say be dealt with in congress

Which wont happen as long as so many people are like you - all take and no give

So loosen up why dont you?

You object to the word “violently?”

Not usually. It's a fine word.

I just believe you used out of context to add more oomph to your statement.

I dont blame you. Its a loaded term

Let me put it another way

I supported your ideas for illegal alien reform

But you rejected out of hand the wall that millions of trump supporters want

The wall and all the other measures should as you say be dealt with in congress

Which wont happen as long as so many people are like you - all take and no give

So loosen up why dont you?

You make a good point though I would argue that politicians compromise, voters don't.

That said I certainly would have no issue with funds for strategically placed wall at points determined most needed.

Moving forward I will be try to be less hard headed and agree to sections of wall.

Not usually. It's a fine word.

I just believe you used out of context to add more oomph to your statement.

You make a good point though I would argue that politicians compromise, voters don't.

That said I certainly would have no issue with funds for strategically placed wall at points determined most needed.

Moving forward I will be try to be less hard headed and agree to sections of wall.

Sections of wall in the right locations have been the idea all along

Enemies who want no wall anywhere have always oversold the length in order to argue against it

Sections of wall in the right locations have been the idea all along

Enemies who want no wall anywhere have always oversold the length in order to argue against it
Agreed the wall was never to go the entire length of the border but the amount of wall is way more then needed and may not be needed at all if we apply legislation first.

Agreed the wall was never to go the entire length of the border but the amount of wall is way more then needed and may not be needed at all if we apply legislation first.
The wall will always be needed because many of the people crossing are not desirables looking for work

They are criminals or terrorists who would not be legally admitted otherwise

Forum List

Back