The Air Force Gets it Right on Same-sex Marriage

Says you. Obviously, you're wrong because he was allowed to freely exercise his beliefs.

your bigotry doesn't get enacted into law, nutcase.
Oh yeah, the entire Air Force is bigoted, huh. You Christophobic bigot.
Not the entire Air Force, but there are strong Christian influences that shouldn’t be there
There were strong Christian influences in the army of General George Washington. There always have been strong Christian influences in our military. I guess you're just going to have to accept it.

that was before the constitution, imbecile.

and there were also slaves then.

and religious zealots didn't get to abrogate the law

silly trump troll
You're so funny in a sad pathetic way, little girl. Do you believe George Washington was a "religious zealot"?

Your position as an officer takes priority over your individual religious beliefs.
Says you. Obviously, you're wrong because he was allowed to freely exercise his beliefs.

Not the entire Air Force, but there are strong Christian influences that shouldn’t be there
There were strong Christian influences in the army of General George Washington. There always have been strong Christian influences in our military. I guess you're just going to have to accept it.

But Washington was a member of a somewhat sane denomination, Episcopalian. It wasn't some far-out moronic cult like the ones who now are attempting to infiltrate our military, to some degree of success.

But Washington was a member of a somewhat sane denomination, Episcopalian. It wasn't some far-out moronic cult like the ones who now are attempting to infiltrate our military, to some degree of success.

most of the founding fathers were deists. and did not want religious zealots running our government.

what is sane about Episcopalian?

most of the founding fathers were deists. and did not want religious zealots running our government.

I don't know how many were deists, I know Jefferson was, but I've never looked into the matter closely.
I always think of Washington as an Episcopalian because the Church of England was the official religion of the colonies for years, and Washington worshiped at Christ Church in Alexandria, Va. (as did Robert E. Lee). As Old Town Alexandria is in my personal territory, I visit this church often and it brings forward thoughts of what went on so long ago and the people who walked its aisles. Interestingly, high on the hill above the city stands the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, the Lodge of which Washington was Master. I have a dear friend who has served as Master of this lodge, and he is Jewish.

George Washington Masonic National Memorial - Wikipedia
Christchurchalexandria.jpg&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibsaOvhabaAhWOvlMKHYhKBcwQoioIpwEwDA

Hope you like the travelogue. I had to share. And you can dine well in Alexandria on the cuisine of your choice.
The Chamber of Commerce should give me an award.

Last edited:

In the context of Christianity, they act like normal people. They don't go for craziest and nastiness and distortions like the Southern Baptists and the Assembly of God folks do, and they know when to shut up rather than running their mouths all damned day long.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that soundbite. Yaaaawwwwnnnn

Washington sounds like a religious wacko zealot to me.

It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor.”
– George Washington

“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable.”
– George Washington

We beseech [God] to pardon our national and other transgressions…
– George Washington, Thanksgiving Proclamation 1789

Oh, eternal and everlasting God, direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the Lamb and purge my heart by Thy Holy Spirit. Daily, frame me more and more in the likeness of Thy son, Jesus Christ, that living in Thy fear, and dying in Thy favor, I may in thy appointed time obtain the resurrection of the justified unto eternal life. Bless, O Lord, the whole race of mankind and let the world be filled with the knowledge of Thee and Thy son, Jesus Christ.
– George Washington, Prayer

True religion affords to government its surest support.
– George Washington

It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.
– George Washington (this quote is unconfirmed)

It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor.”
– George Washington

“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable.”
– George Washington

Oh, eternal and everlasting God, direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the Lamb and purge my heart by Thy Holy Spirit. Daily, frame me more and more in the likeness of Thy son, Jesus Christ, that living in Thy fear, and dying in Thy favor, I may in thy appointed time obtain the resurrection of the justified unto eternal life. Bless, O Lord, the whole race of mankind and let the world be filled with the knowledge of Thee and Thy son, Jesus Christ.

– George Washington

what links GW's prayers and thoughts with the ridiculous assertions of your absurd cult?

In the context of Christianity, they act like normal people. They don't go for craziest and nastiness and distortions like the Southern Baptists and the Assembly of God folks do, and they know when to shut up rather than running their mouths all damned day long.

I like southern Baptists. In my town it was the Episcopalians
and Lutherans who insisted on----"RESTRICTION" The only
blacks I knew back then (ie 'colored people') were in the town
OVER THERE and were Baptists with a slightly southern accent.
When I was a kid----there were Masons in town----on the
"RESTRICTED" town bandwagon.--------a jewish mason was
unheard of. Somehow----a neighbor managed to get the local
eastern orthodox into the masons. Easternstar "ladies" ------
were also big time "restricted town" devotees ------ and freely
used the "N word"---------my mom considered the "N" word-----
the MOST VULGAR word in the world. I do not recall EVER
UTTERING IT ---------Lutherans were generally not as affluent as
THE EPISCOPLIANS -----daughters of the revolution chicks

Your position as an officer takes priority over your individual religious beliefs.

Christianity never made it into our Constitution

Washington’s Army was led by Generals not Ministers
One of his top Generals was a homosexual

The Gay Man Who Saved The American Revolution | HuffPost

– George Washington

– George Washington

– George Washington

what links GW's prayers and thoughts with the ridiculous assertions of your absurd cult?
Washington sounds like one of those wacko fundamentalist religious zealots you mentioned. The Father of our country. Burns your butt, huh.

Huffpost?????? You really read that crap?

so----the alien opportunist mercenary general was a queer--------what's the
lesson?

He's like me----he reads any crap that penetrates his corneas------
the DIFFERENCE is------the crap impresses him

fact-based reality... try it sometime.

nutty trumpflake

It is American history, you fool

Like the great Casey Stengel said.......You can look it up

It is American history, you fool

he can't help his double digit IQ... he can, however, stop putting it on display and embarrassing himself.

I DISTINCTLY remember that George crossed the Delaware river in
order to attack the HESSIAN SOLDIERS on CHRISTMAS EVE----whilst
they were drunk. We probably would have lost to the brits and their
mercenaries if NOT FOR CHRISTIANITY

Forum List

Back