The actual Trump indictment in NY text

I'm sorry, but the entire premise for the alleged conspiracy falls apart on inspection: the story about the alleged affair was never concealed, it was public knowledge, and widely broadcast on all media platforms. There was no harm in that regard.

Second, we can say beyond any doubt that the records can not be "proven" to be falsified. Categorizing payments is a matter of opinion. You say potato, I say potato. This is why these sorts of complaints are always prosecuted as civil misdemeanors, not criminal offenses.

Third, we do not need to be lawyers or law experts. If criminal laws become so convoluted that someone needs to be a law expert to interpret them, how would any ordinary citizen know if they were committing criminal acts or not? In this case, the prosecution has twisted the facts and rules in such a way that is unreasonable and contrary to common knowledge of accounting methods. This sort of twisting of the laws to suit political motivations is only done in countries where the rule of law has broken down and a totalitarian regime has taken control of all aspects of government.
That's a lot of prattle.

By the way, do you agree the 34 charges are a case of double jeopardy?
I wouldn't necessarily call it double jeopardy, but it's gross over-charging. Double jeopardy only applies to sanctions, and no sanctions have been levied against Trump.

But NDA's are not illegal, and making payments on a debt is not illegal.

This is a purely political prosecution, that should be obvious to anyone with a pulse.

This indictment has 3 charges for every payment made. One count for receiving the invoice, one count for entering it into the accounting system, and one count for writing the check.

3x the number of payments= the "34 felonies"... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't necessarily call it double jeopardy, but it's gross over-charging. Double jeopardy only applies to sanctions, and no sanctions have been levied against Trump.

This is a purely political prosecution, that should be obvious to anyone with a pulse.

This indictment has 3 charges for every payment made. One count for receiving the invoice, one count for entering it into the accounting system, and one count for writing the check.

That is often the way these thing are done.

Prosecutorial misconduct. Bragg should be disbarred.

Hey some one tell me why all the righties are pissed at bud light?
Because they "honored" a transsexual...

Why would idiots who drink bud light cop a tude about people who drink bud light?

To see the depths of loser asshole to which one hit wonder, Kid Rock, has sunk check out his tweet..

That is often the way these thing are done.
I think we see it more with federal cases than state cases. State cases seem to charge the most serious offense, and usually leave it at that.

Multiple counts of the same charge usually involve multiple victims. This indictment is like charging a murderer one count of murder for each bullet he fired...

Worse than the indictment is just the way the rule of law has been corrupted for political purposes. Clinton did the exact same thing- the money paid to Christopher Steele, funneled through Perkins-Coie, was recorded as "legal expenses" on her campaign accounting, but she was allowed to settle that violation for a small fine.

This is a shameful act by the DA. If history is any indicator, he will be rewarded with a plum spot in the DOJ.

Because they "honored" a transsexual...

Why would idiots who drink bud light cop a tude about people who drink bud light?

To see the depths of loser asshole to which one hit wonder, Kid Rock, has sunk check out his tweet..
Well I will continue to drink bud light. Pretty hilarious how easy it is to get a righties panties in a bunch these days

Forum List

Back