The ACLU speaks out, adamantly, in opposition to the militarization of our police

So..the progressives declare a war on minorities with abortion, which targets minority neighborhoods (and countries) with laser precision...

and now they claim we need the equipment to allow the police to move in on those neighborhoods that are the most dangerous...i.e., minority neighborhoods...

And, incidentally..children of color that come in? They go into camps...while those who traffic, exploit and otherwise abuse (and kill) them go free.

Warsaw, anyone?

I wish I knew or could understand the level of cognitive dissonance it takes to quote a liberal group such as the ACLU protecting your rights and claim that liberals are declaring war on your rights at the same time.

Its truely amazing...spectacular even

I thought that many of these conservatives dislike the ACLU? :lol:

Disparate Impact on Communities of Color

It is widely known that policing tactics across the country often unfairly target communities of color. According to our investigation, the use of paramilitary weapons and tactics appears to be no different. These maps show the distribution of SWAT raids by racial composition of neighborhoods in two cities, but this trend is echoed nationwide. Read the complete report for more.

jus14-austincincracialmap-600x338-v04.png

https://www.aclu.org/war-comes-home-excessive-militarization-american-policing

This is not a new phenomena.

So..the progressives declare a war on minorities with abortion, which targets minority neighborhoods (and countries) with laser precision...

and now they claim we need the equipment to allow the police to move in on those neighborhoods that are the most dangerous...i.e., minority neighborhoods...

And, incidentally..children of color that come in? They go into camps...while those who traffic, exploit and otherwise abuse (and kill) them go free.

Warsaw, anyone?

I wish I knew or could understand the level of cognitive dissonance it takes to quote a liberal group such as the ACLU protecting your rights and claim that liberals are declaring war on your rights at the same time.

You would think so, but you're a small minded retard.

The law of averages requires that they get it right sometimes. And if you haven't noticed..the ACLU is going to war against liberals on this issues.

Which is what makes them correct.

They are not going to war with this Liberal. I agree with them on pretty much everything except for their stance on the Second Amendment.

The militarization of the police began with Reagan's war on drugs. Republicans get erections when they are thought as being "tough on crime".

The militarization really started to take off after 9/11 with the PATRIOT Act. Bush gave the cops everything on their shopping list they wanted.

That anyone could mistake this for a "liberal' thing is rib cracking hilarity.

Hey, if a guy is smoking a joint in his living room, at the very minimum we need two black tanks, sixty-eight Kevlar clad commandos, and about half a billion rounds of ammunition to take him down.

And if he's a Muslim dope smoker, fuggedaboudit. Bring in the drones, dogs, pneumatic grappling hooks, claymores and waterboards, too.

It's a dangerous world out there.

Last edited:
Wow. So many off the wall, off topic, insane posts.

Not one worth a response.

Five of nine letters and even in the correct order KG. Common Core says we owe them 56% credit.

Last edited:
There's a gay Muslim on food stamps smoking a joint in his apartment at 123 Shady Lane, you say?

Christ, we better alert NORAD, just to be safe. And call the NSA and see if we can reallocate some spy satellites to that neighborhood. The ones with the particle beam weapons.

Warsaw, anyone?

They are ruled by emotions and not by logic. The ACLU was hated in the Bush era all because they made a big stink about spying on Americans...

Now cons are making a stink about NSA spying on Americans...a bit too little too late

Yeah, because it's EMOTION that leads me to look past the fact that we (the ACLU and I) don't necessarily agree on everything, but on this particular issue, we do.

Yeah. Obviously.

As opposed to NUTZ' hysterical insistence that one should never, ever, EVER agree with an organization that has EVER disagreed with you in the past...even when you do, in fact, agree....

THAT'S logical.

It is exactly why they're doing it. To contain and wipe out the poor....they control the food, they control the money, they limit the birthrate, and now they can also physically control the neighborhoods.

When you say "they are doing it", who is "they"?

They are ruled by emotions and not by logic. The ACLU was hated in the Bush era all because they made a big stink about spying on Americans...

Now cons are making a stink about NSA spying on Americans...a bit too little too late

Yep, I remember Hannity and his ilk stating in their smug way, regarding the PA ; "If you have nothing to hide what are you worried about?". Now the same "folks" are suddenly "civil libertarians"! :lol:

Anybody care to discuss the merits of the National Guard having military weapons and the police not so much?

It is exactly why they're doing it. To contain and wipe out the poor....they control the food, they control the money, they limit the birthrate, and now they can also physically control the neighborhoods.

Progressives in general, and our current admin.

I see koshergrl has realized she has stepped in it once again. That's why she did not answer my question asking who "they" are.

Methinks the topic starter did not read the ACLU report so handily provided in the OP link.

American policing has become unnecessarily and dangerously militarized. For decades, the federal government has equipped state and local law enforcement agencies with military weapons and vehicles, as well as military tactical training, for the (often explicit) purpose of waging the War on Drugs. Not all communities are equally impacted by this phenomenon; the disproportionate impact of the War on Drugs in communities of color has been well documented.
So the War on Drugs™ and its subsequent militarization of LE has had a disproportionate effect on “communities of color”.

And who does the ACLU blame for this? Well, right next to that paragraph, they have a giant bolded excerpt which reads thusly:
20u7at3.jpg

"They" is Dick Cheney!

One such program is the 1033 Program, launched in the 1990s during the heyday of the War on Drugs, which authorizes the U.S. Department of Defense to transfer military equipment to local law enforcement agencies. This program, originally enacted as part of the 1989 National Defense Authorization Act, initially authorized the transfer of equipment that was “suitable for use by such agencies in counterdrug activities.”

Question. Who was President in 1989?

The militarization phenomenon has gained even greater zeal since the events of September 11, 2001, the creation of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the declaration of the so-called “War on Terror.”

Question. Who created the DHS and declared the War on Terror™?

And if you haven't noticed..the ACLU is going to war against liberals on this issues.

Which is what makes them correct.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Urban America is a war zone controlled by gangs that only produce a state of fear amount the people. Public aid and public housing has done more harm than good. We need commando style police squads to crush the Bloods, Crips, Gansta Disciples and others. Urban areas must be placed under martial law in order for this to happen. Liberals will do nothing about it, and when a White person( like the TV news reporter in New Jersey who spoke truth to the issues of single parent Black homes and was fired for it) excusologist like Al Sharpton will only make more excuses. There is a crisis in the Black community...and the enemy is themselves.
This is what we need in the United States to combat gangs:
LiveLeak.com - South African SWAT shoot outs (comments)

Warsaw, anyone?

The ACLU does not protect anyone's rights
The ACLU monitors the events of the day picks an event, deems it a liberal political cause and files a lawsuit.

Progressives in general, and our current admin.

They want to wipe them out controlling the food and money! :lol:

So thats why I keep catching that guy in my fridge in the middle of the night :lol:

The ACLU report says the militarization of the police began with the War on Drugs started by Reagan. Then Dick Cheney and Bush I directed the DoD to start providing cops with military gear. This program was continued through Clinton.

Then we saw this plan really take on some "zeal" under Bush II and his War on Terror. The Patriot Act directed the cops to soldier up even more heavily. Obama has continued this plan.

This has impacted minorities disproportionately.

koshergrl got it in her head the ACLU was going after LIBERALS, and that it was LIBERALS who started this war on "communities of color".

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Forum List

Back