The Accumlation of Wealth is not protected by the Constitution.

Ridiculous that you claim the state is necessary for the free market, when it is the state that aggresses against the free market.

The state is not necessary for a free market, but it is necessary for capitalism

Capitalism is a system based on the free market. No free market no capitalism. I believe you're mistaking corporatism for capitalism.

You are forgetting the competitive component of capitalism. If that isn't in place..there is no capitalism.

This is not really a thread about taxes. It's about the notion that the Accumlation of wealth is somehow a protected right.

This was brought up by an conservative lawyer on the show "Open Mind". Although..like other threads, I welcome free thinking.

But it is my hope this doesn't degrade into partisan sniping. So far so good. And my grats to most of the people posting in this thread so far..

Particularly loosecannon..Agit8r..and Kevin_Kennedy.

It's the sort of debate I was looking for.

I would argue that the accumulation of wealth is simply an extension of property rights, and therefore most certainly protected. However, if you want the specific location where the accumulation of wealth is protected, in and of itself, you need look no further than the 9th Amendment as I pointed out in my first post. I don't believe that the 9th was ever addressed.

Probably because the Accumulation of wealth has never been describe in the Constitution as a "right".

Why don't you feel that the 9th covers that as a right?

That's fine. There are many low tax or no tax nations to choose from. Most are Communist or have no government.

Ahahahahahaha!

You think Communist nations do not tax their subjects?

Their subjects have the heaviest tax of all - their lives have been made forfeit.

They don't have taxes.

Communist government take away all of the productivity of an individual.

WTF do you think a tax is?

It all comes down to one of two points of view.

1. You see the government as the owner of all and the entity with rightful power to determine and limit what the people will have.

2. You see the people as the owner of all and given power to determine and limit what power the government will have.

Those on the left generally come down more closely with Statement #1.

Those farthest on the left (communists and anarcho-x) seek to abolish the nation-State entirely :eusa_eh:

Methinks you've not read what many leftists are actually saying.

That's fine. There are many low tax or no tax nations to choose from. Most are Communist or have no government.

Ahahahahahaha!

Their subjects have the heaviest tax of all - their lives have been made forfeit.

They don't have taxes.

The State finds you most qualified to do service in the Salt Mines, Sallow, It's been nice knowing you Comrade. That Party Member that you ticked off last week, expedited the paper work for you, have a nice trip. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just Saying. ;)

Ahahahahahaha!

Also in ALL Communist countries, nobody has an unalienable right to anything. If the government wants your property or your job or your life for ANY reason, it simply takes it. And you have no recourse. There is no freedom when government determines what the people will be allowed to have.

Absolutely correct. :clap2:

Which is why..we pay taxes. We determine how our government is shaped and what powers they have..not the other way around.

I believe that all taxation is theft.

KK You are confusing me. Come back down from the ledge Bro., it's not that bad. Take a deep breath, ... good... Government has a proper role in our lives, KK, it in fact is part of the Social Compact, without which, Anarchy would rule. You don't want that, KK. Let's just learn to focus more on Government by consent, and funding that. ;) :lol:

What do you call it when a person or organization takes money that they have no right to? I call it theft.

They may have taken more than their share, I agree with you, and work within the rule of law to change it. ;)

KK You are confusing me. Come back down from the ledge Bro., it's not that bad. Take a deep breath, ... good... Government has a proper role in our lives, KK, it in fact is part of the Social Compact, without which, Anarchy would rule. You don't want that, KK. Let's just learn to focus more on Government by consent, and funding that. ;) :lol:

What do you call it when a person or organization takes money that they have no right to? I call it theft.

They may have taken more than their share, I agree with you, and work within the rule of law to change it. ;)

And why we are not a TRUE Democracy.^

Forum List

Back