The ACA is the 3rd. rail for the GOP

Lesh

"Yea..people who would have no fucking healthcare at all. Fuckem? No.
Fuck you."

So you take a shitload of people who could never afford insurance and pay for that insurance for them.
Them you design plans that saddle them with an individual max out of pocket of $6500, or family with a $13000 max out of pocket and you end up paying for that for them too because they can't afford that either.
Real bright Beaver.

They REALLY ARE THAT STUPID FOLKS.

Way more people lost insurance and suffered as a result, than suddenly got cured of fuckin cancer. Get the government out of the way, you'd need less lawyers, and the costs will go down.

That's just one thing that could be done with less bed wetting liberal lawyers involved. Then we've got public education cash sink holes.

Well, now that you've heard from Hannity and the fucking idiots that actually believe the jerk........Lets look at what NHIS (part of the CDC) tells us:

Before the ACA, 20% of Americans were WITHOUT insurance and after the law was passed, the number slowly dropped to 12% without insurance (mostly younger Americans).........

Since Trump infested the oval office, the number of UN-insured has slightly risen.....

BUT the intent of the thread is not about "numbers"....the intent is what would happen to the GOP if they COMPLETELY REPEAL........and NOT REPLACE the ACA.....

In the same way that conservatives have mocked democrats over the possibility that taxes would have to be raised on this country's ultra-rich as "political suicide," the eradication of the ACA is the beginning of a death knell for every republican who would vote to declare this law as null and void.

Sure, it is "good" rhetoric to run a conservative campaign on repealing the ACA but the reality of ACTUALLY tearing it down should scare the crap out of these hypocritical demagogues.

Repealing the law may evoke the cheers of ignorant and poorly educated voters, but the REPLACEMENT of this life-saving law has these conservative politicians fearing for their miserable political existence.

I am actually "glad" that a conservative district judge has ruled the ACA "unconstitutional" because such a ruling is taking the argument from just moronic rhetoric .....to the reality of having to stake one's sorry ass on the line as these same moronic voters FINALLY realize that their health care insurance will either be revoked, or their premiums will be raised high enough to cause a stroke.....
A Texas judge has responded to a suit filed by 20 AGs from republican states by ruling that Obamacare is unconstitutional without the individual mandate a republican congress removed.

For ten years republicans have not been able to agree on a replacement for Obamacare even when they controlled both houses and the presidency. Now they are going to have to deal with the problem with a democratic House and an election coming up. At stake is the lost of coverage for 20 million people. Also 130 million people with preexisting conditions are put in jeopardy.

Republicans boasting that they have repealed Obamacare to millions of people who lost their insurance is not likely to win votes.

Democrats have the knack for spinning bad legislature with provocative ad agency type titles. Case in point is LBJ's "Great Society" which is still in effect in some form or another while having been proved to be an abject failure on many levels. The hastily written faulty ACA is anything but "affordable" but die hard angry democrats would rather keep it, as bad as it is, than make it better during a republican administration.

The stereotypical leftist propaganda parroted talking point....."Conservaties are stupid and we're smart".

Well, your orange clown DID say that he loves the "poorly educated".....LOL

cjones02252016.jpg

Now its up to the Democrats to forge a replacement since they now have control of the House of Representatives

You ready for Medicare for all or a Medicare buy in?

Because that is the alternative

Neither of those proposals are acceptable to Republicans. The Democrats are going to have to craft something else.

The country can't afford Medicare "for all", and the problem that Congress faces isn't with everyone anyhow. Only a minority need change here, I don't want Medicare or need it.

They are acceptable to Trump, just watch.

NO insurance company could just drop you because you got sick.

When the ACA goes away that can....

Before obamacare yes I knew of insurance companies that would drop you if you got sick and that was called underwriting at time of claim. If the new sickness or disease by any remote chance be tied to a pre x they would not pay claims and drop you. Believe me there were a few that could and would do that back then. Why do you think some of the companies now do not operate in all counties or states? But normally the application was underwritten before approval and you would receive an exclusion for certain things or completely denied. But there are and were state laws and it depends if is a state is letting an insurance company operate in the respective state, domestic or foreign.

NO insurance company could just drop you because you got sick.

When the ACA goes away that can....

Before obamacare yes I knew of insurance companies that would drop you if you got sick and that was called underwriting at time of claim. If the new sickness or disease by any remote chance be tied to a pre x they would not pay claims and drop you. Believe me there were a few that could and would do that back then. Why do you think some of the companies now do not operate in all counties or states? But normally the application was underwritten before approval and you would receive an exclusion for certain things or completely denied. But there are and were state laws and it depends if is a state is letting an insurance company operate in the respective state, domestic or foreign.

There was always a two year look back, it could have been eliminated with some simple up front due diligence by Acme Insurance Company.

A true Conservative politician would be more than willing to lay their political career/life on the altar of permanently revoking the ACA and all forms of Government health services.

A true Conservative politician would be more than willing to lay their political career/life on the altar of permanently revoking the ACA and all forms of Government health services.

Sure.

If the goal could possibly be attained, I'm sure that many would.

But immolate their career for a vote that wouldn't accomplish the goal in question? That is technically speaking "stupid" and not "principled" at all.

In the same way that conservatives have mocked democrats over the possibility that taxes would have to be raised on this country's ultra-rich as "political suicide," the eradication of the ACA is the beginning of a death knell for every republican who would vote to declare this law as null and void.

Sure, it is "good" rhetoric to run a conservative campaign on repealing the ACA but the reality of ACTUALLY tearing it down should scare the crap out of these hypocritical demagogues.

Repealing the law may evoke the cheers of ignorant and poorly educated voters, but the REPLACEMENT of this life-saving law has these conservative politicians fearing for their miserable political existence.

I am actually "glad" that a conservative district judge has ruled the ACA "unconstitutional" because such a ruling is taking the argument from just moronic rhetoric .....to the reality of having to stake one's sorry ass on the line as these same moronic voters FINALLY realize that their health care insurance will either be revoked, or their premiums will be raised high enough to cause a stroke.....

That one judge took insurance from over 20 million Americans with that ruling.

I will be one of them as of January 1 2020.

The employer provided insurance I've had since 1988, will end on that day. I got divorced. I am able to stay on that insurance for 3 years. It runs out that day.

I've paid into that private employer provided insurance since 1988. Literally tens of thousands of dollars over all those decades.

I didn't do anything but get divorced. That's all. But because of that I will lose the insurance I've had since 1988.

Because I had the audacity to fight for my life with everything I had and beat breast cancer I'm now preexisting condition.

With a swipe of a pen that judge made it illegal to have preexisting conditions clauses protections by federal and state level. So if any state writes any law to protect those with preexisting conditions, it will be struck down by the courts so no one can ever have protections for preexisting conditions again.

I will never be able to buy insurance again in my life. Not at any price because I had the audacity to fight and beat breast cancer. No insurance company will sell it to me. If something isn't done to provide insurance to people like me, I will never even be able to get a mammogram to find out if that cancer has returned to kill me. As it did to 4 of my relatives in the past. Even though they had full mastectomies, the cancer returned and killed them. That judge just sentenced me to an unnecessary early death.

Everyone will be preexisting condition at some point in their life. It won't be their own fault. They just got sick. Or they were like me just standing on the shoreline at the beach when monster 15 ft waves fell on me nearly killing me, putting me in a coma the doctors didn't think I would wake from. I did wake from it but was left with stenosis, sclerosis, degenerative disk disease in my spine with nerve damage in my hands and arms. I've been declared legally disabled by 2 judges and social security. I don't qualify for any disability support. I qualify medically but not financially. A person can't have more than 2 thousand dollars in money and assets to qualify for disability. I also don't qualify financially for medicaid. The same type financial qualifications apply and they go back 5 years so if you've had any assets above the cap in the last 5 years you can't get medicaid. No one knows when they're going to be in an accident that will make them disabled. They can be like me and a perfectly health 40 something year old and in the blink of an eye, I became disabled and preexisting condition. A car accident can make you preexisting condition. I had 3 surgeries because of that accident. One of those surgeries found the cancer. Imagine you're in a surgeon's office for a follow up to your surgery when he looks you in the eye and tells you that a very deadly form of cancer was found during that surgery. That happened to me. It can happen to anyone. Even one of you conservatives.

You conservatives need to seriously think about reality.

That judge also made it illegal to have capitalism private insurance coverage regulations. That judge basically outlawed any government regulated private insurance so now the insurance companies set the rules and we all know what that will do. Watch your premiums skyrocket for any reason the insurance company wants. Watch your coverage be cut at the same time.

That judge just made single payer the only option left for health care reform.

So all the people who are cheering this are going to be facing single payer health care reform soon since conservatives took a capitalism private insurance based health care out of most people's hands. When that happens employers will switch their employees over to that single payer plan because it will be cheaper.

Conservatives shouldn't be cheering this. It's going to cause millions of Americans to die needless early deaths but I know that doesn't bother conservatives. This will, now you're going to get single payer with your tax dollars paying for it.

You conservatives only have yourselves to blame.

That one judge took insurance from over 20 million Americans with that ruling.

I will be one of them as of January 1 2020.

The employer provided insurance I've had since 1988, will end on that day. I got divorced. I am able to stay on that insurance for 3 years. It runs out that day.

I've paid into that private employer provided insurance since 1988. Literally tens of thousands of dollars over all those decades.

I didn't do anything but get divorced. That's all. But because of that I will lose the insurance I've had since 1988.

Because I had the audacity to fight for my life with everything I had and beat breast cancer I'm now preexisting condition.

With a swipe of a pen that judge made it illegal to have preexisting conditions clauses protections by federal and state level. So if any state writes any law to protect those with preexisting conditions, it will be struck down by the courts so no one can ever have protections for preexisting conditions again.

I will never be able to buy insurance again in my life. Not at any price because I had the audacity to fight and beat breast cancer. No insurance company will sell it to me. If something isn't done to provide insurance to people like me, I will never even be able to get a mammogram to find out if that cancer has returned to kill me. As it did to 4 of my relatives in the past. Even though they had full mastectomies, the cancer returned and killed them. That judge just sentenced me to an unnecessary early death.

Everyone will be preexisting condition at some point in their life. It won't be their own fault. They just got sick. Or they were like me just standing on the shoreline at the beach when monster 15 ft waves fell on me nearly killing me, putting me in a coma the doctors didn't think I would wake from. I did wake from it but was left with stenosis, sclerosis, degenerative disk disease in my spine with nerve damage in my hands and arms. I've been declared legally disabled by 2 judges and social security. I don't qualify for any disability support. I qualify medically but not financially. A person can't have more than 2 thousand dollars in money and assets to qualify for disability. I also don't qualify financially for medicaid. The same type financial qualifications apply and they go back 5 years so if you've had any assets above the cap in the last 5 years you can't get medicaid. No one knows when they're going to be in an accident that will make them disabled. They can be like me and a perfectly health 40 something year old and in the blink of an eye, I became disabled and preexisting condition. A car accident can make you preexisting condition. I had 3 surgeries because of that accident. One of those surgeries found the cancer. Imagine you're in a surgeon's office for a follow up to your surgery when he looks you in the eye and tells you that a very deadly form of cancer was found during that surgery. That happened to me. It can happen to anyone. Even one of you conservatives.

You conservatives need to seriously think about reality.

That judge also made it illegal to have capitalism private insurance coverage regulations. That judge basically outlawed any government regulated private insurance so now the insurance companies set the rules and we all know what that will do. Watch your premiums skyrocket for any reason the insurance company wants. Watch your coverage be cut at the same time.

That judge just made single payer the only option left for health care reform.

So all the people who are cheering this are going to be facing single payer health care reform soon since conservatives took a capitalism private insurance based health care out of most people's hands. When that happens employers will switch their employees over to that single payer plan because it will be cheaper.

Conservatives shouldn't be cheering this. It's going to cause millions of Americans to die needless early deaths but I know that doesn't bother conservatives. This will, now you're going to get single payer with your tax dollars paying for it.

You conservatives only have yourselves to blame.

KleenexTruk.jpg

Polly want a tissue? maobamacare was, is and always will be unconstitutional. Roberts took it upon himself to unconstitutionally rewrite the law twice, I don't see that opportunity available in this decision.

Now its up to the Democrats to forge a replacement since they now have control of the House of Representatives. They absconded on their responsibilities in 2017,refusing to vote for Tremendous Health Care that President Trump proposed.

And now, the ball is in their court. As well it should be. The libs alone pushed through the ACA, and now they have a responsible to fix their mess by drafting, and passing a new Health Care plan that is acceptable to Republicans.

Really, exactly what was this great plan that tRump and the Rethugicons put out there.

Last edited:
You listed millions to distract from the fact that YOU want free lunch.

Nope. No free lunch. He is paying for that healthcare monthly...and with his back problems would either be denied or priced out.

There are millions like me and him (parents and young adults)

And I'd feel the same way about this regardless.

There are millions of people who are born preexisting conditions.

Millions born with either heart problems, problems with other organs, born with spina biffitca or Down syndrome or autism or one of a very, very long list of conditions babies are born with.

None of them will ever be able to get insurance. They are all preexisting from birth.

Forum List

Back