The Abrahamic Religions

Islam recognizes both the Christian Bible and the Jewish Holy book as Holy Books. Why? Because they worship the same God.

Christians recognize the Jewish Holy book as well. Why? Because they worship the same God as the Jews.

So all 3 religions worship the same God. They just each think he said or did something different.

From memory the Koran states that Allah gave the Torah to the Jews, through Moses.

Having said that I have to say the word "Tanakh" doesn't appear in the Koran to the best of my (challenged) knowledge so it appears the other two books don't get a mention. I have no idea why but it's interesting, perhaps someone will enlighten us in the thread.

Islam has no connection to Abraham beyond Mohammad's claim.
He is not of the blood line .
Islam assures that Jews and Christians do not worship Islams "god".

Islam is Mohammed's invention to essentially steal religion and the title of "prophet"

Mate it's all inventions to me. I just don't like bullshit about people's religions, bullshit based on bigotry.

False claims of bigotry are an insufficient answer to Islams genocidal ideology.

Islam is Mohammed's invention to essentially steal religion and the title of "prophet"

Mate it's all inventions to me. I just don't like bullshit about people's religions, bullshit based on bigotry.

False claims of bigotry are an insufficient answer to Islams genocidal ideology.

Not until you present some evidence to argue that Islam has a genocidal ideology. Until you can do that then my assertion of bigotry stands.

8:39

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do
2:193.
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone).[] But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc193

http://www.ummah.com/what-is-islam/quran/noble/

Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Why do people keep typing, ( G-D ) ?

Because they're Jews. They don't pronounce what they believe to be the name of God, "YHWH", and some of them decided to extend this practice to the English language for some reason.

"Some reason" is probably based on respect for God.

The consensus among Orthodox Jews seems to be that this doesn't apply to any language but Hebrew...

From this thread there seems to be only a couple of logical conclustions. only 1 of the 3 religions is correct or none of the 3 religions are correct.
1 god 3 different methods of worship which are so radically different...

Because they're Jews. They don't pronounce what they believe to be the name of God, "YHWH", and some of them decided to extend this practice to the English language for some reason.

"Some reason" is probably based on respect for God.

The consensus among Orthodox Jews seems to be that this doesn't apply to any language but Hebrew...

Fair enough - but I think it's possible that the intent is stable across the transliteration. Interesting point though.

From this thread there seems to be only a couple of logical conclustions. only 1 of the 3 religions is correct or none of the 3 religions are correct.

But what interests me is the commonalities and the differences and how the religions and the societies in which they were embedded developed over time.

In Mr Fitnah's thread concerning Koranic exhortations to violence (contested) it occurred to me that a good look at the three Abrahamic religions might be useful. As I said in that thread my knowledge is scant, but I'll say what I think I know and wait for more information.

As I understand it Abraham, a Hebrew, was visited by God and possibly began the first (apparently there's some thought that there were earlier ideas of monotheism but not sure) monotheistic religion based on revelations from God. That became Judaism.

Then Yeshua, who was called Jesus Christ, the Anointed One, came along as an Aramaic-speaking Jew and preached and drew followers. In His name Christianity developed from its Judaic roots.

Much later, 7th Century (?) CE, Mohammed was visited by the Archangel Gabriel who revealed the Koran to the Prophet. Allah/God was a bit annoyed that the earlier two Abrahamic religions which worshipped Him had gone off the rails a bit and the Prophet had revealed to him the Koran so that he could begin to set people right.

The point I made in Mr F's thread was that adherents of the three religions are essentially worshipping the same God. There are major doctrinal differences though. But the object of veneration is the same God.

If it were the same god, the same god would have said the same thing to all three. The fact of the matter is, he did. It's called the BIBLE. Some listened some didn't.

Muslims are busy worshiping a fallen star (Satan) while some Jews are still trying to approach G-d through their own works and righteousness just as Cain did ~6000 years ago.

Should I? Shouldn't I? Should I? Shouldn't I?

But what interests me is the commonalities and the differences and how the religions and the societies in which they were embedded developed over time.

Ahh, but look at the differences in Christianity alone that have developed over time.

this leads me to believe that they are all 3 wrong.

Lets not forget the crusades, or inquisitions.

Nor the jews slaughter of everyone when the came back to Palestine form Egypt.
And recall that they went williingly to Egypt.

Ahh, but look at the differences in Christianity alone that have developed over time.

Yes, the differences in Christianity are interesting, but I have this feeling that that's been a good thing. I don't mean in a theological sense, I mean in a secular manner and I'm connecting that to the advancement of humanity in Christian Europe. Sometimes, theologically speaking, those changes are good, I think Luther was appalled at the corruption in the Church when he nailed his challenge to the door. The Reformation followed and I wonder if that wasn't a filip to human intellectual development.

Yes, the differences in Christianity are interesting, but I have this feeling that that's been a good thing. I don't mean in a theological sense, I mean in a secular manner and I'm connecting that to the advancement of humanity in Christian Europe. Sometimes, theologically speaking, those changes are good, I think Luther was appalled at the corruption in the Church when he nailed his challenge to the door. The Reformation followed and I wonder if that wasn't a filip to human intellectual development.

Ohh I agree with you on Luther. However that does not explain Mormons, Jehovas witnesses, etc and all think they are correct.
However that is not possible.

I spent the first 16 years of my life in a pentecostal church (same sect as Palin) and was taught that only our variety of Christian was correct and going to heaven.
However I have seen many changes just in that denomination just in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Ohh I agree with you on Luther. However that does not explain Mormons, Jehovas witnesses, etc and all think they are correct.
However that is not possible.

I spent the first 16 years of my life in a pentecostal church (same sect as Palin) and was taught that only our variety of Christian was correct and going to heaven.
However I have seen many changes just in that denomination just in my lifetime.

I was a Roman Catholic. You want hubris in Christianity I can tell you all about it :lol:

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone).[] But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc193

The reference I can find is in the Surah The Spoils and it looks to me to be a specific exhortation following the Battle of Badr. Could it possibly be related simply to the specific struggle Mohammed and his followers were having in Arabia at that time? I can't see a generalised exhortation to Muslims to kill non-believers in that Surah. Not saying it's not there, just saying I can't discern it.

Luther's humanity is questionable when you consider how increasingly anti-Semitic he became.

He couldn't stand kosher food either.

"A few years later, in 1528, Luther reported a nearly fatal bout of diarrhea brought on by his consumption of Kosher food. In a letter to Melancthon, Luther suggested that the Jewish community had attempted to poison him. Luther further suggested that Kosher foods, which he believed to be disagreeable with the constitution of Gentiles, were eaten by the Jews (who, presumably, would not experience adverse effects from their consumption) as a show of superiority over the Gentiles and as a means of separating themselves from the mainstream German culture. He suggested that Kosher foods be banned from Christian nations."

Martin Luther and antisemitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Luther's humanity is questionable when you consider how increasingly anti-Semitic he became.

He couldn't stand kosher food either.

"A few years later, in 1528, Luther reported a nearly fatal bout of diarrhea brought on by his consumption of Kosher food. In a letter to Melancthon, Luther suggested that the Jewish community had attempted to poison him. Luther further suggested that Kosher foods, which he believed to be disagreeable with the constitution of Gentiles, were eaten by the Jews (who, presumably, would not experience adverse effects from their consumption) as a show of superiority over the Gentiles and as a means of separating themselves from the mainstream German culture. He suggested that Kosher foods be banned from Christian nations."

Martin Luther and antisemitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:cuckoo:

The reference I can find is in the Surah The Spoils and it looks to me to be a specific exhortation following the Battle of Badr. Could it possibly be related simply to the specific struggle Mohammed and his followers were having in Arabia at that time? I can't see a generalised exhortation to Muslims to kill non-believers in that Surah. Not saying it's not there, just saying I can't discern it.

The tense is present tense not past .

Perhaps this will help to illuminate the thought process

The basic principle concerning that is the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism, i.e. worshipping others besides Allaah), and the religion (worship) will all be for Allaah Alone [in the whole of the world]”

[al-Anfaal 8:39]

“Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikoon (see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush. But if they repent [by rejecting Shirk (polytheism) and accept Islamic Monotheism] and perform As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as-Salaah), and give Zakaah, then leave their way free. Verily, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Tawbah 9:5]

This verse is known as Ayat al-Sayf (the verse of the sword).

These and similar verses abrogate the verses which say that there is no compulsion to become Muslim.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Islam Question and Answer - There is no compulsion to accept Islam

(and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush), do not wait until you find them. Rather, seek and besiege them in their areas and forts, gather intelligence about them in the various roads and fairways so that what is made wide looks ever smaller to them. This way, they will have no choice, but to die or embrace Islam,

Forum List

Back