The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition to Launch December 5th Protest

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The decision by the Obama administration to try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four of his fellow terrorists has outrage many, but none more so that a group of people who have formed the "9/11 Never Forget Coalition."

The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition consists of "9/11 victims, family members, first responders, active and reserve members of the military, veterans, and concerned Americans" who are outraged at the creation of what amounts to a show trial for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and others in a civilian
court in the middle of New York, not more than walking distance from the scene of the greatest war crime of the 21st Century.

At a November 24th press conference, the 9/11 Never Forget Coalition announced plans for a December 5th rally to protest the trying of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and other terrorists in a New York civilian court. The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition has also set up a letter to be sent to President Obama to that effect that anyone can sign at the Keep America Safe site.

The protest plans of the 9/11 Never Forget Coalition take place against a backdrop of not only rising concern for the security problems trying Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the other terrorists in New York will entail, but plans by the terrorists' lawyers to, in effect, try to put the Bush administration and American foreign policy on trial.

The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition to Launch December 5th Protest - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOYzYNoOw0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

a weasel pretty much sums it up

The decision by the Obama administration to try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four of his fellow terrorists has outrage many, but none more so that a group of people who have formed the "9/11 Never Forget Coalition."

The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition consists of "9/11 victims, family members, first responders, active and reserve members of the military, veterans, and concerned Americans" who are outraged at the creation of what amounts to a show trial for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and others in a civilian
court in the middle of New York, not more than walking distance from the scene of the greatest war crime of the 21st Century.

At a November 24th press conference, the 9/11 Never Forget Coalition announced plans for a December 5th rally to protest the trying of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and other terrorists in a New York civilian court. The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition has also set up a letter to be sent to President Obama to that effect that anyone can sign at the Keep America Safe site.

The protest plans of the 9/11 Never Forget Coalition take place against a backdrop of not only rising concern for the security problems trying Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the other terrorists in New York will entail, but plans by the terrorists' lawyers to, in effect, try to put the Bush administration and American foreign policy on trial.

The 9/11 Never Forget Coalition to Launch December 5th Protest - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOYzYNoOw0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

a weasel pretty much sums it up

Did they forget Dec. 7th?

you watch the video bodunk? the weasel pretty much tells you it's the USA on trial.. I pity you dumbassess for this decision..pathetic.

wow, never thought I would agree with Willow Tree, but - fuck that guy o'reilly interviewed. such twisted shit.

the people are on trial for murder. whether there actions were caused by usa's meddling in ME - they still murdered on 9/11. if they were tortured after caught - they still murdered on 9/11.

punish the government and anyone else who gave them injustice after they were caught in seperate trials. still doesn't get them off for murder - what the fuck.

Here's a bit about the liberal prick.

Scott Fenstermaker, Lawyer For 9/11 Defendant, May Be Bringing His Own Politics To The Case

In March 2009, the Office of the Chief Defense Counsel would lift the ban to allow Fenstermaker to act as the defense of Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, the first Guantanamo detainee to be tried on U.S. soil. But by June 2009, Judge Lewis Kaplan, who was overseeing the trial in New York, had Fenstermaker removed from his position after Ghailani asked to be represented by two military lawyers.

"You have not in fact formed a close relationship with the defendant, and I think the defense department will authorize Colonel Colwell to defend Mr Ghailani," the judge said.

Nevertheless, Fenstermaker remained committed to being at the legal frontlines of the detainee issue. He said that when he first got word that Attorney General Eric Holder would be trying five 9/11 suspects in criminal court, he jumped on the first flight to Guantanamo Bay to talk to detainees. The decision ended up being announced on Friday, Nov. 13. Fenstermaker was on the ground by Monday and interviewing inmates on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Shortly thereafter, he relayed his conversations to The New York Times and provided them with a letter written by Ali, his uncle KSM and a third 9/11 defendant. The letter called President Barack Obama a "liar," warned of the "black ages of Barack" and denounced the use of torture as well as U.S. policy to the Middle East.

In an interview with HuffPost, the NGO source expressed concern that Fenstermaker's outspoken politics would potentially overshadow the serious debate finally being waged over how the United States should legally handle detainees.

But Fenstermaker insists that he is uniquely suited for the job -- untainted by the policies of past and current administrations and with close relationships to many of the suspects.

"The real problem here is an issue of trust," he said. "I can't imagine that these guys are going to voluntarily take any American lawyer other than me because of what is going on at Gitmo. The behavior and conduct of the military and civilian attorneys representing the detainees has been atrocious."

That explains it.

wow, never thought I would agree with Willow Tree, but - fuck that guy o'reilly interviewed. such twisted shit.

the people are on trial for murder. whether there actions were caused by usa's meddling in ME - they still murdered on 9/11. if they were tortured after caught - they still murdered on 9/11.

punish the government and anyone else who gave them injustice after they were caught in seperate trials. still doesn't get them off for murder - what the fuck.

did you notice that weasel assed leftist lawyer refused to call it murder? Now where do you think his sympathies lie? or is it lay? frickin anti american bastard.

did you notice that weasel assed leftist lawyer refused to call it murder? Now where do you think his sympathies lie? or is it lay? frickin anti american bastard.

his sympathies are irrelevant, his job is to represent his client regardless of how heinous a crime the client may have committed.

I hate to say it....but I agree with this post. The fact that the terrorists were never tortured though shows where this whole affair is headed.

Obama will have to make a 2nd Appeasement/Apologist Tour to Europe and the Middle East.

Lawyers today are dedicated to the system, they hold 'the law' above all and have in fact forgotten WHY 'the law' was created in the first place, to redress wrongs and bring justice.

Before I hear lectures about how 'the law' must be above all else, consider that 'the law' once said black people were not human and had no rights, and 'the law' told us that gay people must be jailed as deviants.

The system should serve us, not vice versa or it is pointless.

Forum List

Back