the 80's were a fuckin' great time for movies...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_z4IuxAqpE]Say Hello to My Little Friend - Scarface (8/8) Movie CLIP (1983) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Your clothes ... Give them to me...Now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwK6yXZAEHA]The Terminator (1984) Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
My wife and I like to joke about the Big Eighties Movies.

Just like Eighties Hair.

I don't know if there was a cheesier time for movies than the 1980s.

I don't know under what rock y'all lived back then, but, with all do respect, you and your wife apparently don't know your asses from a hole in the ground regarding movies...

the 70's were way cheesier than the 80's in terms of movies...

and, for that matter, so were the 60's and 50's...

70's? Cheesier? Really? The French Connection, The Godfather, Patton, M.A.S.H., A Clockwork Orange, The Sting", American Graffiti, The Exorcist, Chinatown, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Network, Taxi Driver, Rocky, Godfather II, Star Wars, The Deer Hunter and Apocalypse Now. and you think Ferris Beuler's Day Off was a great movie?

Just like Eighties Hair.

I don't know under what rock y'all lived back then, but, with all do respect, you and your wife apparently don't know your asses from a hole in the ground regarding movies...

70's? Cheesier? Really? The French Connection, The Godfather, Patton, M.A.S.H., A Clockwork Orange, The Sting", American Graffiti, The Exorcist, Chinatown, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Network, Taxi Driver, Rocky, Godfather II, Star Wars, The Deer Hunter and Apocalypse Now. and you think Ferris Beuler's Day Off was a great movie?

You forgot 'Alien' ...Scared the shit out of me.

Just like Eighties Hair.

Don't get me wrong. Those were my formative years. I love some of those 80s movies. Like Roadhouse, for instance. Watched that again the other night for about the 20th time. But the premise and some of the scenes were soooooooo stupid! lol

You had to check your critical facilities at the door and suspend realistic perspective in the 80s. Beverley Hills Cop, for instance. Very entertaining, and I enjoyed watching them. But c'mon. It was very silly. Many 80s movies were like that.

I appreciate your response, Toro...

but, imho, if you 'n your wife truly believe that 80's movies were generally somehow lessor than movies from the 50's, 60's 'n 70's, then I gotta say that, for whatever reason, y'all have y'all's heads firmly lodged up y'all's asses...

Just like Eighties Hair.

If you go back 'n watch 'em now, at least half the 70's movies you mentioned look pretty fuckin' cheesy today...

eta: there were cheese-ball 70's movies that had great tunes... :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVqktmlik4A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVqktmlik4A[/ame]

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong. Those were my formative years. I love some of those 80s movies. Like Roadhouse, for instance. Watched that again the other night for about the 20th time. But the premise and some of the scenes were soooooooo stupid! lol

You had to check your critical facilities at the door and suspend realistic perspective in the 80s. Beverley Hills Cop, for instance. Very entertaining, and I enjoyed watching them. But c'mon. It was very silly. Many 80s movies were like that.

but, imho, if you 'n your wife truly believe that 80's movies were generally somehow lessor than movies from the 50's, 60's 'n 70's, then I gotta say that, for whatever reason, y'all have y'all's heads firmly lodged up y'all's asses...

Well, maybe they weren't the "cheesiest" movies of all time, since I have only watched a handful of movies from the 40s and 50s. But they were so frickin' cheesy, it's pretty hard to take to take it seriously that the 80s were somehow a great time for movies. I mean, unless you meant it in an cheesy way.

Oh, and for having the class to refer to my wife, fuck you.

Well, maybe they weren't the "cheesiest" movies of all time, since I have only watched a handful of movies from the 40s and 50s. But they were so frickin' cheesy, it's pretty hard to take to take it seriously that the 80s were somehow a great time for movies. I mean, unless you meant it in an cheesy way.

Oh, and for having the class to refer to my wife, fuck you.

my apologies to you and your wife for having spoken harshly... please forgive me...

regarding my opinion of 80's movies, please revue the attachment to this post, as well as the attachments to all my previous ones...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uQCyxBL2O8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uQCyxBL2O8[/ame]

Last edited:
my apologies to you and your wife for having spoken harshly...

That's cool.

Edit - Of course, you can speak as harshly towards me as you want!

I wouldn'ta mentioned your wife 'cept 'cause of the wording of your post...

"My wife and I like to joke about the Big Eighties Movies.

Just like Eighties Hair."

but I'll be much more careful from here on out... :)

Forum List

Back