The 5 best mosquito repellents for this Summer

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
636608506692761588-GettyImages-629532474.jpg

You have to go to the site to view the video.

It rates Off, Deep Woods #1

It includes clothing, bug zappers, and candles

Video @ The 5 best mosquito repellents for outdoor summer fun

Deep Woods isn't bad, but I live in mosquito head-hunter territory in Walker County, TX. The only one that keeps them off all day is a product called Repel. The year following the first time I used it, they didn't have it when mosquito repellents came into the store for the season. I told the manager of the store about Repel, that I lived on a lake where the mosquitos from hell live, and Repel is all that works that well. In two weeks, Repel was all over the store, and people were buying it. I do have some Deep Woods, but it falls a few hours short when you're mowing 15 acres on a zero turn. :lmao:

Deep Woods isn't bad, but I live in mosquito head-hunter territory in Walker County, TX. The only one that keeps them off all day is a product called Repel. The year following the first time I used it, they didn't have it when mosquito repellents came into the store for the season. I told the manager of the store about Repel, that I lived on a lake where the mosquitos from hell live, and Repel is all that works that well. In two weeks, Repel was all over the store, and people were buying it. I do have some Deep Woods, but it falls a few hours short when you're mowing 15 acres on a zero turn. :lmao:

Anything with a shitload of DEET does the job.
Spend a lot of time in the woods East of you in Cleveland hunting and fishing.
Fished Livingston quite a few times as well.

The worst mosquitoes in Texas though are in the salt marshes along the coast.
We used to drive to the bay side on Padre Nat. Seashore and they were thick,but nothing compared Matagorda Island...they'll cover your windows.

I've never been there but have been told the Tundra of Canada and Alaska is unbelievably thick with monster species of the blood suckers.

How about getting rid of mosquitoes in your yard and driveway? I've had to clean the gutters, get rid of water puddles and tried the Cutter chemical spray you connect to the water hose and spray Anything that traps them work okay?

I don't believe in GMO mosquitoes as it is dangerous and not enough study done -- http://www.mosquitomagnet.com/articles/gmo-mosquitoes-pros-cons.

I think releasing neutered, i.e. sterile male mosquitoes work, but I'm not sure how one buys them for a backyard and driveway lol -- To Shrink Mosquito Population, Scientists Are Releasing 20 Million Mosquitoes.

How about getting rid of mosquitoes in your yard and driveway? I've had to clean the gutters, get rid of water puddles and tried the Cutter chemical spray you connect to the water hose and spray Anything that traps them work okay?

I don't believe in GMO mosquitoes as it is dangerous and not enough study done -- http://www.mosquitomagnet.com/articles/gmo-mosquitoes-pros-cons.

I think releasing neutered, i.e. sterile male mosquitoes work, but I'm not sure how one buys them for a backyard and driveway lol -- To Shrink Mosquito Population, Scientists Are Releasing 20 Million Mosquitoes.

These are big on the Texas Gulf Coast.
You can do it yourself or they have companies that install em and maintain em.

Forum List

Back