The 2020 Corvette

The advent of this Corvette could mark the end of the manual transmission in high performance cars. At sixty grand, this car offers a dual-clutch 8-speed transmission that shifts in less than a hundredth of a second. It also has two overdrive gears to enhance highway mileage. High end European cars have pushed mainly slushboxes for several years now. Why would anyone want a stick in these high-performance cars now?

Maybe Miatas, WRX's and such will continue to offer sticks, but auto's are clearly the future of high performance. Ignoring electrics, of course.

For comparison, the Viper offered ONLY a six-speed manual throughout its multiple lives.

Ferrarri performance at a fraction of the price.

I’ve always loved Vettes.

Just watched the video.

I want one.

You can get a c6 on the cheap these days. Even a c5, I actually like the c5 better than the c6.

It's not like you can drive over 55 without officer friendly shaking you down anyway.

Just watched the video.

I want one.

You can get a c6 on the cheap these days. Even a c5, I actually like the c5 better than the c6.

It's not like you can drive over 55 without officer friendly shaking you down anyway.
Few people hit the top speed in their car. Its not about how fast you drive, its about how fast you could potentially drive. I dont see tons of Ferrari's, but when i do see them they arent speeding and im still always impressed.

Just watched the video.

I want one.

Few people hit the top speed in their car. Its not about how fast you drive, its about how fast you could potentially drive. I dont see tons of Ferrari's, but when i do see them they arent speeding and im still always impressed.

I've had my C4 near top speed a couple of times. It's scary and that's not even close to the hp the new one has. Corvettes tend to spin out if you're not careful. I don't think I've ever seen a Ferrari on the road. Not once.

Not sure how the new ones would fare with that mid engine. Better, I imagine.

There's a lot of people on the Corvette forum who like them and have said they will be buying one soon. Mostly older people, interestingly. Meaning senior citizens.

Just watched the video.

I want one.

I've had my C4 near top speed a couple of times. It's scary and that's not even close to the hp the new one has. Corvettes tend to spin out if you're not careful. I don't think I've ever seen a Ferrari on the road. Not once.

Not sure how the new ones would fare with that mid engine. Better, I imagine.

There's a lot of people on the Corvette forum who like them and have said they will be buying one soon. Mostly older people, interestingly. Meaning senior citizens.
For the price range, id rather have a Hellcat.

Forum List

Back