The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

The home opener postponed until tomorrow. This sucks.

Look on the bright side, at least they're already up a half game on the skankees, who got bitch slapped by the orioles. Sabathia got shelled. :lol:

I saw the box score and grinned.

Shades of last season for CC ... I don't think most Skank fans will be very patient with him.

I can't wait for Burnetts first trip to the DL.

It's been long winter but the season starts tomorrow.

Please, join me in discussing our national pastime here throughout the season.

I'll get started.

Boston Red Sox 2009 World Champions. I like the way that sounds.

Detroit Tigers 2009 World Champions. I like the way that sounds, but then again I have no ear for music. 12-5 loss to the Jays this evening. Could be a long year.

Detroit Tigers 2009 World Champions. I like the way that sounds...

That sounds about as good...and as realistic...as: "The Detroit Lions win!"

That's what everyone said in 2006, yet we still got to the WS. You never know with baseball.

Realistically though, I don't see us making the series again until we improve our pitching. Little chance of doing that while we are still eating huge $ for players (Gary Sheffield, Nate Robertson, Jeremy Bonderman, Dontrelle Willis, etc.) who are either not on the team or adding little to it.

Mike Ilitch has been more than generous but, by end of May, if the Tigers aren't competing I think we have to look at dismantling and rebuilding. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

From my head to my scrotum I am overwhelmed with anticipation for the home opener.

Someone remind Ellsbury that leadoff hitters who start off every count 0-2 tend to get bumped from that spot ... he's doing it again.

Forum List

Back