The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Un-be-freakin-lievable!

The Tigers get 7 1/3 stellar innings of work from Edwin Jackson (1 run, 2 hits) and then Lyon, our presumptive 'closer', comes in and gives up a 3 run homer to put the Jays up 4-3 in the 8th. We tie it up in the top of the 9th, only to see Lyon implode again in the bottom of the inning with a BB, a single, a free pass and a walk-off sac fly to center.

Deja vu all over again and our bullpen - which we have known for the last 2 years was our achilles heel - has given up 7 ER in 5.2 IP. :mad: 28 blown saves last year, and we didn't have to wait long for the first one of '09. Lyon. Lions. Both crap.

Why I keep buying season tix to watch this steaming pile of poo I will never know.

Are season tix cheap and easy for you to get?

Easier than last year, when the Tigers' so-called "Murderers Row" got murdered :lol:

I get 4 tix, front row of the upper deck about halfway down the 3rd base line. Cost is just under $2k for which I get home opener, home closer, every Sunday home game and at least 1 midweek game for every homestand. 108 tickets in total, plus priority for playoff tix (an option that has been used once since the early 90's). Works out at about $17 a ticket - roughly 25% off the regular price.

I'm not worried about anything right now, personally. I'm never one to make excuses for millionaire professional sports players, but we do have a pretty crazy week with a lot of distractions. We had to deal with a day off right after our opener, and banner ceremonies, ring ceremonies, another day off, and a crowd that's bloodthirsty with higher expectations than probably ever before.

It'll be good to get all this chaos over with, enjoy the day off tomorrow, and get back to just focusing on baseball. I'm not one to make ex

Un-be-freakin-lievable!

The Tigers get 7 1/3 stellar innings of work from Edwin Jackson (1 run, 2 hits) and then Lyon, our presumptive 'closer', comes in and gives up a 3 run homer to put the Jays up 4-3 in the 8th. We tie it up in the top of the 9th, only to see Lyon implode again in the bottom of the inning with a BB, a single, a free pass and a walk-off sac fly to center.

Deja vu all over again and our bullpen - which we have known for the last 2 years was our achilles heel - has given up 7 ER in 5.2 IP. :mad: 28 blown saves last year, and we didn't have to wait long for the first one of '09. Lyon. Lions. Both crap.

Why I keep buying season tix to watch this steaming pile of poo I will never know.

Easier than last year, when the Tigers' so-called "Murderers Row" got murdered :lol:

I get 4 tix, front row of the upper deck about halfway down the 3rd base line. Cost is just under $2k for which I get home opener, home closer, every Sunday home game and at least 1 midweek game for every homestand. 108 tickets in total, plus priority for playoff tix (an option that has been used once since the early 90's). Works out at about $17 a ticket - roughly 25% off the regular price.

That's not a bad deal at all ...

I was scared shitless out of your line up last season.

A lot of people were. :lol: Pretty much the same lineup this year, minus Sheff (who was clubhouse poison). But pitching wins championships, and our BP could at very best be called a work in progress.

A lot of people were. :lol: Pretty much the same lineup this year, minus Sheff (who was clubhouse poison). But pitching wins championships, and our BP could at very best be called a work in progress.

That young staff of yours never really panned out, did it? It's a shame ... tons of potential.

I have a feeling if things go south this season Miggy is going on the bloc.

That young staff of yours never really panned out, did it? It's a shame ... tons of potential.

I have a feeling if things go south this season Miggy is going on the bloc.

I have a feeling that our rotation may be better than expected this year, if Verlander finds his game. Irrespective, our pen will still cost us at least 15 games this year if they perform as they did last year.

Damn it's been a long six months, but finally the day has arrived! Home opener against the Rangers!

Galarraga on the mound (our winningest starter last year).

Weather reasonably bright, but crisp. Better get the kids wrapped up warm.

Irrespective of how the result pans out and the absurd price of a beer and a dog, home openers are good.

Go Tigers!

Does anyone else have Dollar Dog nights at their stadium?

Not that I know of but the owners froze price increases on concessions at Fenway this year you hot dogs and beer costs will remain a steady 80 bagillion dollars a piece. Thanks goodness for small favors.

Wow that sucks, Hatfield does a promotion for the Phils several games a year where hot dogs are $1. They're not as big as a regular price hot dog, but a regular price hot dog at the game is like $4, so it's an awesome deal.

And the Phils haven't raised prices now for the past 2 seasons, at least, maybe more I can't remember. Beers have remained a steady $6.75.

Damn it's been a long six months, but finally the day has arrived! Home opener against the Rangers!

Irrespective of how the result pans out and the absurd price of a beer and a dog, home openers are good.

Go Tigers!

Just got back from the game. 15-2 Tigs win. Life is good. First time this week I looked forward to Sportscenter.

Go Tigers!

Just got back from the game. 15-2 Tigs win. Life is good. First time this week I looked forward to Sportscenter.

Miguel Cabrera is a house of fire right now!

Wow that sucks, Hatfield does a promotion for the Phils several games a year where hot dogs are $1. They're not as big as a regular price hot dog, but a regular price hot dog at the game is like $4, so it's an awesome deal.

And the Phils haven't raised prices now for the past 2 seasons, at least, maybe more I can't remember. Beers have remained a steady $6.75.

About the same at Comerica, Ball Park Franks are $3.50. Crackerjacks and Peanuts $4 each.

Ten years ago, you could get into the bleachers at old Tiger Stadium for $2.50, Labatts was $4.00 and a dog was $2. Could have a great day out for $20. Damn I'm old.

Go Tigers!

Miguel Cabrera is a house of fire right now!

Miggy is da man!

Forum List

Back