The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Aflec trivia question answer:

Pat Burrell and Edgar Renteria

We're starting the season off as usual, digging a hole.

We're putting 'em right where we want 'em :lol:

lol ...

With the way the Mets roll for the last couple of seasons I'd say you are on to something.

I don't think of it as the Phillies are digging themselves a hole as much as they are propping the Mets up higher on a termite-infested wooden ladder.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
It's been long winter but the season starts tomorrow.

Please, join me in discussing our national pastime here throughout the season.

I'll get started.

Boston Red Sox 2009 World Champions. I like the way that sounds.
Hopefully Griffey is good luck for the mariners this year! They won last night and he had a homerun!
Go Mariners!

It's been long winter but the season starts tomorrow.

Please, join me in discussing our national pastime here throughout the season.

I'll get started.

Boston Red Sox 2009 World Champions. I like the way that sounds.
Hopefully Griffey is good luck for the mariners this year! They won last night and he had a homerun!
Go Mariners!

You guys are ahead again tonight and it looks like Bedard is pitching well.

Hopefully he doesn't pull his vagina this year and plays a full season.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Un-be-freakin-lievable!

The Tigers get 7 1/3 stellar innings of work from Edwin Jackson (1 run, 2 hits) and then Lyon, our presumptive 'closer', comes in and gives up a 3 run homer to put the Jays up 4-3 in the 8th. We tie it up in the top of the 9th, only to see Lyon implode again in the bottom of the inning with a BB, a single, a free pass and a walk-off sac fly to center.

Deja vu all over again and our bullpen - which we have known for the last 2 years was our achilles heel - has given up 7 ER in 5.2 IP. :mad: 28 blown saves last year, and we didn't have to wait long for the first one of '09. Lyon. Lions. Both crap.

Why I keep buying season tix to watch this steaming pile of poo I will never know.

Un-be-freakin-lievable!

The Tigers get 7 1/3 stellar innings of work from Edwin Jackson (1 run, 2 hits) and then Lyon, our presumptive 'closer', comes in and gives up a 3 run homer to put the Jays up 4-3 in the 8th. We tie it up in the top of the 9th, only to see Lyon implode again in the bottom of the inning with a BB, a single, a free pass and a walk-off sac fly to center.

Deja vu all over again and our bullpen - which we have known for the last 2 years was our achilles heel - has given up 7 ER in 5.2 IP. :mad: 28 blown saves last year, and we didn't have to wait long for the first one of '09. Lyon. Lions. Both crap.

Why I keep buying season tix to watch this steaming pile of poo I will never know.

A Lyon dressed in a Tiger suit will always bite you in the ass.

Un-be-freakin-lievable!

A Lyon dressed in a Tiger suit will always bite you in the ass.

Though thankfully not the scrotum.

Un-be-freakin-lievable!

Are season tix cheap and easy for you to get?

Forum List

Back