The 1912 mormon exodus from mexico.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
THE 1912 MORMON EXODUS FROM MEXICO.
Church leaders erroneously believed plural marriage was legal in Mexico and recommended that men having more than one wife go there as a way to continue the practice.4 Acting on such advice, and driven by fear of imprisonment, hundreds of' Latter-day Saints abandoned their properties or sacrificed them at great loss.
The Mormons eventually established nine major colonies, most within a day's journey of the border. By the time of the Mexican Revolution, those living in these communities amounted to between four and five thousand resi*dents.
Orson Pratt Brown - Life, Times, Family

Romney’s grandfather and his 5 wives and 30 children received welfare under a special welfare bill passed by congress especially for the thousands of Mormon refugees returning from Mexico. Welfare as we know it did not exist in 1912.

Romney's Got US Bailout for Being Refugees when Fleeing Mexican War

Mitt's grandpa ran as fast as he could to Utah as soon as the Mexican Revolution broke out. Because the Romney's were considered "Refugees" The U.S. Army supplied rations and loaned tents from Fort Bliss. Mayor C. E. Kelly and city officials joined Church leaders in finding homes and jobs for the refugees. Congress voted to give them $100,000 for their transportation and relief. If you calculate $100,000 for inflation from 1912, the figure turns into over $2.2 million in today's dollar.
In 1935 Romney Family Sued Mexico
The Boston Globe reported:
After fleeing the Mexican Revolution, Mitt Romney’s grandfather, Gaskell lost his home and possessions in Mexico. While living in Salt Lake City, Gaskell Romney sued Mexico for the loss of his property and, in 1938, was awarded damages of $9,163. Half of the money went to his son, George Romney, putting the family on a solid financial footing during the Great Depression. (so he did not build it all by himself)
In today's dollar that means Romney's $9,168.00 Settlement would equal $1,890,000.00.
It is clear to me, and it is my opinion after reading the Daily Telegraph that Mitt Romney is a pathological liar and a bigot.

Daily Kos: Romney's Grandpa Hated America, Moved To Mexico Now Romney Complains Obama Isn't Anglo-Saxon

Last edited:
Romney’s grandfather and his 5 wives and 30 children received welfare under a special welfare bill passed by congress especially for the thousands of Mormon refugees returning from Mexico. Welfare as we know it did not exist in 1912.
Oh my goodness!~ that's funny.

Further IRONY?

Ryan's grandparents were escaping the same kind of libertarian free market indifference to the fate of the people in Ireland that he is NOW advocating for Americans.

Their hypocracy and unwillingness to accept the lessons of history is rather obvious.

Last edited:
my great grandfather used to hide authorities of the Mormon church in his barn when the Federalist used to come around to try and arrest them.

Upon reading your post I couldn't help but think you're the type of person that probably sides with terrorist when they strike America

Upon reading your post I couldn't help but think you're the type of person that probably sides with terrorist when they strike America

And you base this on what, exactly?

I have to say - I don't much care what Romney's grandfather did as a factor in voting for the grandon, although it is vaguely intereting historically.

my great grandfather used to hide authorities of the Mormon church in his barn when the Federalist used to come around to try and arrest them.

In my state, we took out dirty stinking Child Molester Joseph Smith and shot him like a dog.

And then some asshole politicians decided to apologize for it.

Forum List

Back