The $100/hr. Minimum Wage idea I presented isn't popular?

Yes why not raise minimum wage to $100/hour and finally end poverty in America!!! It would be a one sentence law. Why not do it world wide where there is a lot a very very serious poverty!!

Yes why not raise minimum wage to $100/hour and finally end poverty in America!!! It would be a one sentence law. Why not do it world wide where there is a lot a very very serious poverty!!

**crickets**

Seems none of them have an answer so they've decided to ignore the thread. You can just see the clown avatar people meeting in their private group to discuss strategies and coming up empty when it comes to this thread. What do we do? How do we argue with that? ...Best to just dismiss it as "ridiculous" and ignore it! ...next agenda item?

Ed, I don't think we can implement a worldwide MW... not that Liberal Authoritarians wouldn't LOVE to... I just don't think even they believe we can do that. But never fear... I have an idea when it comes to worldwide poverty too! You know those images you see of the U.S. Mint... where they print all our currency and shit? They have pallets FULL of $100 bills just sitting there! What we do is, ship a couple of those off to poor countries to be distributed... you know, spread the wealth? And so, they HAVE to spend the dollars... and think of all that economic activity they'll create? Our economy would boom!

But back to my idea of the $100/hr. MW... why won't Liberals tell us their reasons for not supporting my idea? Why can't we have an honest and open discussion where they explain to me why it won't work? :dunno:

**crickets**

Seems none of them have an answer so they've decided to ignore the thread. You can just see the clown avatar people meeting in their private group to discuss strategies and coming up empty when it comes to this thread. What do we do? How do we argue with that? ...Best to just dismiss it as "ridiculous" and ignore it! ...next agenda item?

Ed, I don't think we can implement a worldwide MW... not that Liberal Authoritarians wouldn't LOVE to... I just don't think even they believe we can do that. But never fear... I have an idea when it comes to worldwide poverty too! You know those images you see of the U.S. Mint... where they print all our currency and shit? They have pallets FULL of $100 bills just sitting there! What we do is, ship a couple of those off to poor countries to be distributed... you know, spread the wealth? And so, they HAVE to spend the dollars... and think of all that economic activity they'll create? Our economy would boom!

But back to my idea of the $100/hr. MW... why won't Liberals tell us their reasons for not supporting my idea? Why can't we have an honest and open discussion where they explain to me why it won't work? :dunno:

I think there are 3 books out now about how liberals violently try to shut down debate because they are too stupid to debate! They have no allegiance to reason, only to what their heart tells them. There hearts speak very clearly and says : "welfare is good. "

The problem is your plan is too weak. You want to adjust to 1970 levels but in 1970, a MW worker wasn't making a "living wage" ...you were all clamoring for a MW increase back then. What is the point of us fighting tooth and nail to raise the MW to something that is insufficient?

IF your plan for a $23.50/hr. MW is good, mine is better!

My plan isn't weak. My plan addresses and fixes problems of the middle class, the poor, small business, and retirees.

The problem is your plan is too weak. You want to adjust to 1970 levels but in 1970, a MW worker wasn't making a "living wage" ...you were all clamoring for a MW increase back then. What is the point of us fighting tooth and nail to raise the MW to something that is insufficient?

My plan isn't weak. My plan addresses and fixes problems of the middle class, the poor, small business, and retirees.

No it doesn't because it's what we've been doing for 82 years. Those problems obviously haven't been solved for those people, so no... your idea is too weak, like I said.

How long do you think $23.50/hr. is going to be enough? Five years? Eight? At some point, people are going to adjust lifestyles, buy more expensive houses and cars, run up higher debt and buy more expensive toys... and we'll be back here again with you promising us wonderfulness if we just let you raise the MW to $50/hr. Pulling at our heart strings to help those poor people and middle class, those retirees and small businesses... yes... we must raise the MW... again and again... For 82 years you've pulled this same trick and people just keep falling for it.

So... Let's get serious and raise it to $100/hr. like I am proposing! ...Again, IF $23.50 is good... $100 is more than 4x better! My idea reigns supreme over yours. You haven't explained why it doesn't or why it wouldn't work to solve the problem. I am using your principles, your logic, your statistics which show it won't harm the economy or cost of living. I'm assuming you have been completely honest about all that... so why can't we have a $100/hr. Minimum Wage?

His plan addresses and fixes problems of the middle class, eliminates the poor, and helps the small business, retirees and in addition gives government a lot more income. It would boost the economy. It would give everyone more disposable income.

Please tell me why this plan doesn't work?

His plan addresses and fixes problems of the middle class,?

If you have a liberal minimum wage of $100/hour it would cause a Depression as all the fast food restaurants would have to shut down. How does a Depression help the middle class.

According to liberals a $15 wage helps everyone, if this helps everyone, why wouldn't a $100 help more? I am sure that fast food will become a bigger boon because everyone one would have expendable income.

If you have a liberal minimum wage of $100/hour it would cause a Depression as all the fast food restaurants would have to shut down. How does a Depression help the middle class.

According to liberals a $15 wage helps everyone, if this helps everyone, why wouldn't a $100 help more? I am sure that fast food will become a bigger boon because everyone one would have expendable income.

I don't know what the world is waiting for. Why not raise the world minimum wage to $200/hr and end poverty on the planet forever? Think of the lives that have been lost to poverty and starvation just because employers didn't pay a living wage!!

His plan addresses and fixes problems of the middle class, eliminates the poor, and helps the small business, retirees and in addition gives government a lot more income. It would boost the economy. It would give everyone more disposable income.

Please tell me why this plan doesn't work?

Minimum wage is the base for all salaries. I proven my case, Boss hasn't.

Minimum wage is the base for all salaries. I proven my case, Boss hasn't.

Ahh... So raising the MW will increase salaries across the board? That seems contradictory to what we've been shown with all the graphs and charts. But still, so what? Isn't the idea to raise people's wages to something decent? What's wrong with all salaries going up? More people with money in their pocket to spend, right?

I don't see where you've proven anything. In fact, here you seem to be contradicting your own principle argument. On one hand, you argue that a $15 MW helps the "working poor" and doesn't harm the economy or influence anything else... but when we raise it to $100, that is catastrophic and would cause all salaries to rise in proportion.

And hey... why can't we just pass a law to prevent capitalists from raising salaries based on the new MW? We simply say that if you are currently making more than $100/hr., your salary can't change. If you are making less than $100/hr., your salary is now $100/hr.. the new minimum wage.

Ahh... So raising the MW will increase salaries across the board? That seems contradictory to what we've been shown with all the graphs and charts. But still, so what? Isn't the idea to raise people's wages to something decent? What's wrong with all salaries going up? More people with money in their pocket to spend, right?

I don't see where you've proven anything. In fact, here you seem to be contradicting your own principle argument. On one hand, you argue that a $15 MW helps the "working poor" and doesn't harm the economy or influence anything else... but when we raise it to $100, that is catastrophic and would cause all salaries to rise in proportion.

And hey... why can't we just pass a law to prevent capitalists from raising salaries based on the new MW? We simply say that if you are currently making more than $100/hr., your salary can't change. If you are making less than $100/hr., your salary is now $100/hr.. the new minimum wage.

It isn't a matter of raising peoples salaries to 'something decent,' It's a matter of raising the minimum wage the same percentage of cost increases.

It isn't a matter of raising peoples salaries to 'something decent,' It's a matter of raising the minimum wage the same percentage of cost increases.

Well we've been doing this for 82 years... 82 years!

It apparently doesn't work. :dunno:

The TRUTH is, this "living wage" which FDR promised 82 years ago with introduction to the MW, has simply failed to transpire. We raise it a little, like you suggest, to coincide with percentage of cost increases, but costs continue to increase with raising the MW and we're right back where we started... we're chasing our tails. For 82 years, we've chased our tails. You suggest we continue chasing our tails and I am suggesting we do something to REALLY give people what FDR promised 82 years ago. Why are you fighting me on this?

The TRUTH is, this "living wage" which FDR promised 82 years ago with introduction to the MW, has simply failed to transpire. We raise it a little, like you suggest, to coincide with percentage of cost increases, but costs continue to increase with raising the MW and we're right back where we started... we're chasing our tails. For 82 years, we've chased our tails. You suggest we continue chasing our tails and I am suggesting we do something to REALLY give people what FDR promised 82 years ago. Why are you fighting me on this?

It doesn't work because the government uses CPI. CPI was a good indicator until Reagan changed the way CPI is calculated from actual numbers to a guesstimate. In other words, not a price a house would actually rent, but an estimation of what an owner BELIEVES he/she could receive.

Here's an example. You list five prices for goods 1970 - 2015 that haven't risen by 14 times, and I'll list five prices that have. If CPI were accurate, it would show a mean number between each of ours numbers. It doesn't, because it's based on a guess.

It doesn't work because the government uses CPI. CPI was a good indicator until Reagan changed the way CPI is calculated from actual numbers to a guesstimate. In other words, not a price a house would actually rent, but an estimation of what an owner BELIEVES he/she could receive.

Here's an example. You list five prices for goods 1970 - 2015 that haven't risen by 14 times, and I'll list five prices that have. If CPI were accurate, it would show a mean number between each of ours numbers. It doesn't, because it's based on a guess.

I'm not suggesting we use CPI or anything Reagan ever proposed. You've suggested we raise the MW to $15, essentially double what it currently is, and the argument is this will not drastically effect prices, the economy, cost of living or jobs. You've shown all the graphs and charts with the data to prove your point and I won't dispute it... In fact, I accept your argument, I just want it raised to something "decent" for a change and if the effects of raising it over 100% aren't harming anything, raising it to $100 won't either.

So let's forget about Reagan and CPI and get back to the argument of raising the MW to give people a decent "living wage" like FDR promised 82 years ago. Why do you think your idea of $15 is better than my idea of $100? "The gov't uses CPI" is not a reason.

I'm not suggesting we use CPI or anything Reagan ever proposed. You've suggested we raise the MW to $15, essentially double what it currently is, and the argument is this will not drastically effect prices, the economy, cost of living or jobs. You've shown all the graphs and charts with the data to prove your point and I won't dispute it... In fact, I accept your argument, I just want it raised to something "decent" for a change and if the effects of raising it over 100% aren't harming anything, raising it to $100 won't either.

So let's forget about Reagan and CPI and get back to the argument of raising the MW to give people a decent "living wage" like FDR promised 82 years ago. Why do you think your idea of $15 is better than my idea of $100? "The gov't uses CPI" is not a reason.

Says the Klown who argued the US can't tax money made offshore AND that IF the money already taxed in another nation, they aren't bound by US tax treaties, therefore are taxed twice?? lol

Hint the ELASTICITY of labor and wages is why your $100 an hour will not work BUT a $15 an hour will!

I'm proposing moving minimum wage to where it should be, $23.50/hr., you're being deceptive.

I'm proposing moving minimum wage to where it should be, $23.50/hr., you're being deceptive.

Not being deceptive.. $23.50 is not enough. Ask anyone, would they rather have $23.50 or $100... I guarantee they would rather have $100. If there is no harm in raising it to $23.50, there should be no harm in raising it to $100. You've not explained why this is not the case.

Now, you DID admit that raising the MW will increase salaries up the ladder in scale... but that means when you raise it to $23.50, some people up the ladder will go from $30 to $100... or more. With MY idea, we go ahead and let everyone be baselined at $100/hr., regardless of the job... as long as it's currently a job that pays less than $100/hr. now, that would be the new minimum wage and everyone would make it... with exception of those few who already make more.

So what's with the 82-year-old dangling carrot on a stick? Why are you trotting out this 'chase your tail' idea of a measly increase to $23.50? Why can't it be $100 instead? :dunno:

I don't know what the world is waiting for. Why not raise the world minimum wage to $200/hr and end poverty on the planet forever? Think of the lives that have been lost to poverty and starvation just because employers didn't pay a living wage!!

Right on!

Forum List

Back