The 10 Commandments of the Church of Climate Change

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
1. AGW is the truth and the way, thou shalt not heed any truths before it.

2. Thou shalt worship AGW, and cast no dispersions on it.

3. Remember always to keep holy the Hockey Stick graph.

4. Honor Al Gore and the Democrats.

5. Thou shalt not convert to the deniers.

6. Thou shalt adulterize the data when necessary.

7. Thou shalt steal away and destroy any data against the name of AGW.

8. Thou shalt not bear witness against AGW data.

9. Thou shalt not covet the truth.

10. Thou shalt covet the next government grant.

And Barack Hussein Obama looked down upon the commandments from his holy perch on high, and saw that it was good.

Oops, you missed. Try again.

You are comparing climate science to a religion. So no, I didn't miss. I was spot on because the implication was obvious.

No, I'm saying AGW is a religion. Where in there was i saying religion is irrelevant?

Try again.

Of course you are saying that climate science is a religion. And you say it as a form of denigration, as if ALL religions are to be denigrated. Ipso facto, you believe religion to be irrelevant because you believe climate science to be irrelevant because you believe it to be a religion. So, buddy, perhaps you haven't thought this out far enough.

I don't think your god, PredFan, would think highly of you using his actual spoken words to make political satire. I think that would qualify as a major sin. Blasphemous in fact.

Or... you could be an atheist and not give a shit.

You are comparing climate science to a religion. So no, I didn't miss. I was spot on because the implication was obvious.

No, I'm saying AGW is a religion. Where in there was i saying religion is irrelevant?

Try again.

Of course you are saying that climate science is a religion. And you say it as a form of denigration, as if ALL religions are to be denigrated. Ipso facto, you believe religion to be irrelevant because you believe climate science to be irrelevant because you believe it to be a religion. So, buddy, perhaps you haven't thought this out far enough.

That's quite a stretch there man.

I don't think your god, PredFan, would think highly of you using his actual spoken words to make political satire. I think that would qualify as a major sin. Blasphemous in fact.

Or... you could be an atheist and not give a shit.

I happen to think that God isn't really that thin skinned.

You mean you're projecting your own mode of thought on to your moral and intellectual betters. The OP is an accurate indication of how you think, but you need to understand that we're not like you.

Here's a thought. Talk about science. Oh wait, you can't. Hence this thread.

Last edited:
The science and evidence of the warming that is driving the present climate change has become so overwhelming that nonsense is all that people like Predfan have left.

The people into this global warming stuff are OCD on it.....make no mistake. These people are convinced that we are days away from utter catastrophy. The hysterical types are all around us......most of us can see it on display almost every day if you look closely enough, especially watching overprotective parents around their kids for example!!:2up:

Trust me.....if they had their way, we'd be turning in our cell phones tomorrow ( no more plastics......made with fossil fuels:eusa_dance:), riding our bikes to work and permanently closing up our fireplaces in your homes!! Air conditioning? Sorry!! Candlelight at night but the way.......awesome!! These people want a return to energy circa 1840!!! Awesome!!!:happy-1:

Fortunately.......the masses are not nutters.........they have LOTS of real things to worry about >>>>>>> :funnyface: >>>>>>>>:funnyface: >>>>>>

Global surveys show environmental concerns rank low among public concerns

Nobody that publishes in the peer reviewed journals that I read have ever stated that we are days away from catastrophe. That is your schtick. What they have stated is that there are inevitable consequences from adding GHGs to the atmosphere. One of those consequences is a changing climate. A changing climate that will affect agriculture and storm tracks and frequency. We are seeing that right now.

I'm an atheist. In arguments with Christians (and Muslims for that matter) it's very common for them to charge that I (we) treat atheism as a religion. It's difficult to know what to make of such an argument. And this is certainly not the first time that deniers have made these sorts of charges against mainstream science (because that IS what you are attacking).

I can't think of any interpretation that would adhere to Christian dogma. But, of course, that's irrelevant.

Overwhelming evidence says that the warming that has taken place over the last 150 years has been caused primarily by increased levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. And overwhelming evidence says that the source of those excess greenhouse gases is human power plants and ICE-powered vehicles. There's no religion involved. There's no issue of faith without evidence or even in opposition to evidence. The people most accurately characterized as holding a belief contrary to the evidence would be folks like WestWall, FlaCalTenn, ToddsterPatriot, GSlack and the other vehement deniers.

Actually, by Biblical standards, we are acting as the bad steward. There are a number of evangelicals that I know that are very much into doing what they can to alleviate the amount of GHGs entering the atmosphere on that very basis. There is zero in the Christian religion that justifies what we are leaving for our descendents.

Try again.

That's quite a stretch there man.

No, sir that is not a stretch at all. That is what you are doing. Here are my questions to you. Would you also have us believe that structural engineers pray to the gravity gods, that rocket scientists pray to the propellant gods, and that chemists pray to the Stoichiometry gods? Or is it a plain fact that you are ridiculing others for your own personal failure to comprehend what others so easily understand?

Forum List

Back