The #1 fake news outlet in America strikes again

BBC disagrees.

"Iran says it has successfully tested a new-medium range missile, in defiance of US President Donald Trump.

The launch of the Khoramshahr missile, which has a range of 2,000 km (1,242 miles), was shown on state TV. It is unclear when the test took place.

On Friday, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Iran would increase its military power "as a deterrent".

US President Donald Trump criticised the launch, saying the missile was capable of hitting its ally Israel.

The Khoramshahr missile was first displayed at a military parade on Friday in Tehran. It is capable of carrying multiple warheads, Iranian media report."

Iran tests missile in defiance of Trump

The Hindu reported the launch as well.

IRAN-MILITARYUSA

The report said the missile was launched late Friday, without providing further details.
Iran has “successfully” launched a ballistic missile with a range of 2,000 km, a state-media report said on Saturday.

State-run Press TV broadcast a footage released by the government of “the successful test-launch” of its new ballistic missile, Khorramshahr, a few hours after it was unveiled during a military parade here on Friday with President Hassan Rouhani and senior military officials in attendance, reports Xinhua news agency.

The report said the missile was launched late Friday, without providing further details.

The ballistic missile is capable of carrying multiple warheads, Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, a senior commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Division, told the media on Friday.

“The missile has become smaller in size (compared to other Iranian ballistic missiles) and more tactical, and it will be operational in the near future,” Hajizadeh said without further elaboration.

Iran successfully launches ballistic missile

AND....from CNBC

Iran and US relations grow increasingly strained after latest missile test
  • Iran tested a new ballistic missile with a range of 2,000 kilometers on Saturday.
  • This followed President Rouhani's promise on Friday to strengthen the country's missile capabilities.
  • Following the missile launch, the U.S. imposed new unilateral sanctions on Iran.
  • 104729570-GettyImages-851225908.530x298.jpg
STR | AFP | Getty Images
The new Iranian long range missile Khorramshahr
Iran and US relations grow increasingly strained after latest missile test

National
Monday, September 25, 2017
France Seeks UN Report on Iran's Ballistic Missile Launch

F rance said on Saturday it was extremely concerned by Iran’s ballistic missile test and called on UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to carry out a full report on the launch.

“France asks that Iran cease all [alleged] destabilizing activity in the region,” French Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Agnes Romatet-Espagne said in a statement, Reuters reported.

“[France] will consider with its partners, notably European, the means to obtain from Iran the cessation of its destabilizing ballistic activities.”

France Seeks UN Report on Iran's Ballistic Missile Launch

from the op link

US intelligence radars and sensors "picked up no indication" of an Iranian ballistic missile launch in the days surrounding a reported test, according to a Trump administration official familiar with the latest US assessment.
Iranian reports that the nation tested a new ballistic missile so far does not appear to be true, the official said, adding: "As far as we can see, it did not happen."

State-run broadcaster Press TV reported the launch on Saturday, according to footage broadcast on Iranian state television.

"Iran has released footage of the successful test-launch of its new ballistic missile, Khorramshahr, a few hours after it was unveiled during a military parade in the capital city of Tehran," Press TV said.

But the telemetry, or electronic signals, of a ballistic missile launch would have been picked up by a variety of US assets in the region who keep an around the clock eye on Iran's weapons activities, the official said.

from the op link

US intelligence radars and sensors "picked up no indication" of an Iranian ballistic missile launch in the days surrounding a reported test, according to a Trump administration official familiar with the latest US assessment.
Iranian reports that the nation tested a new ballistic missile so far does not appear to be true, the official said, adding: "As far as we can see, it did not happen."

State-run broadcaster Press TV reported the launch on Saturday, according to footage broadcast on Iranian state television.

"Iran has released footage of the successful test-launch of its new ballistic missile, Khorramshahr, a few hours after it was unveiled during a military parade in the capital city of Tehran," Press TV said.

But the telemetry, or electronic signals, of a ballistic missile launch would have been picked up by a variety of US assets in the region who keep an around the clock eye on Iran's weapons activities, the official said.

Who is the so called official that is quoted?

Because I just posted a variety of media outlets who reported the launch. Trump didn't get this information out of thin air. AND that's what the OP was claiming.

BBC disagrees.

"Iran says it has successfully tested a new-medium range missile, in defiance of US President Donald Trump.

The launch of the Khoramshahr missile, which has a range of 2,000 km (1,242 miles), was shown on state TV. It is unclear when the test took place.

On Friday, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Iran would increase its military power "as a deterrent".

US President Donald Trump criticised the launch, saying the missile was capable of hitting its ally Israel.

The Khoramshahr missile was first displayed at a military parade on Friday in Tehran. It is capable of carrying multiple warheads, Iranian media report."

from the op link

Because I just posted a variety of media outlets who reported the launch. Trump didn't get this information out of thin air. AND that's what the OP was claiming.
WHO was the source in your articles?

and your article SPECIFICALLY STATES they could not verify when the video was made, released by iran making the claim it just happened

The USA would know, since we do watch them around the clock and have sensors to detect such...

BBC disagrees.

from the op link

WHO was the source in your articles?

and your article SPECIFICALLY STATES they could not verify when the video was made, released by iran making the claim it just happened

The USA would know, since we do watch them around the clock and have sensors to detect such...

The official has not been named. I gave a variety of sources not just one who reported on the launch. OP claimed Trump made it up.

OP is an asshole and a liar and I took the time to point that out. Someone has to do it.

:)

I have a really hard time taking Tehrans' word for anything related to missile tests or atomic research/development. And all these sources are SOURCED thru Iran.

Until I see some VERIFICATION of the launch from the MULTI-$TRILL western Intel assets -- I'm actually scared that TRUMP is watching TV and not picking up the phone to VERIFY these things.

I'm not a partisan, but that would be disturbing...

I have a really hard time taking Tehrans' word for anything related to missile tests or atomic research/development. And all these sources are SOURCED thru Iran.

Until I see some VERIFICATION of the launch from the MULTI-$TRILL western Intel assets -- I'm actually scared that TRUMP is watching TV and not picking up the phone to VERIFY these things.

Via Reuters. Trump was not alone in being concerned about the reports. Other allies reacted as well. France actually called on the UN to move on the report.

"Britain voiced concerns about the latest test. “Extremely concerned by reports of Iran missile test, which is inconsistent with UN resolution 2231. Call on Iran to halt provocative acts,” British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson wrote on Twitter. "

"France also said it was extremely concerned and called on U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to carry out a full report on the launch.

“France asks that Iran cease all destabilizing activity in the region,” Foreign ministry spokeswoman Agnes Romatet-Espagne said in a statement. “(France) will consider with its partners, notably European, the means to obtain from Iran the cessation of its destabilizing ballistic activities.”"

Iran tests new missile after U.S. criticizes arms program

Via Reuters. Trump was not alone in being concerned about the reports. Other allies reacted as well. France actually called on the UN to move on the report.

"Britain voiced concerns about the latest test. “Extremely concerned by reports of Iran missile test, which is inconsistent with UN resolution 2231. Call on Iran to halt provocative acts,” British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson wrote on Twitter. "

"France also said it was extremely concerned and called on U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to carry out a full report on the launch.

“France asks that Iran cease all destabilizing activity in the region,” Foreign ministry spokeswoman Agnes Romatet-Espagne said in a statement. “(France) will consider with its partners, notably European, the means to obtain from Iran the cessation of its destabilizing ballistic activities.”"

Iran tests new missile after U.S. criticizes arms program

Yeah, I'm aware of all that. STILL waiting on ANY SOURCE from those countries that says the test was detected and confirmed. There IS a difference. If there's all that concern -- there SHOULD HAVE BEEN a statement or two verifying the story from Iran..

New Topics

Forum List

Back