That was the Awfullest speech I've ever heard a Pres make

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
Last night's speech by Trump at his 100 Day Rally in Pennsylvania was truly stirring, but not in a good way. It was not only disappointing, it was frightening. As one CNN guest, a former governor, put it, "I feel like I need a shower."

Why was this one so bad, when I've watched so many others of his without feeling the need to growl at the television set like I did last night? It wasn't because I've lost my ability to listen to another's point of view. It wasn't that I've turned into a partisan froot loop who will automatically criticize everything the man says or does. It was because:

• During his rambling prelude, giving a 10 minute perfunctory slamming of the press, he wore the smug, self satisfied smirk of a bully safe in his position that would lead most parents to say "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you."

• He spent a great deal of time deftly conflating the genuine concerns about MS-13 with all illegal immigrants and then to frost the cake, he read that damned "The Snake."

• He did spend a few minutes talking about his accomplishments in the first 100 days, but then spent the rest of the speech giving the exact same campaign promises that he has not actually been able to take the first steps toward. Last I knew, ISIS is no more "on the run" than it was at the end of Obama's term. Economic growth this quarter was .7%. When he mentioned the Wall, it was to say "Don't worry--we'll have a Wall." How? Since you just took it off the spending bill because Congress won't fund it? Yadda, yadda, yadda. He's making us safe, making us prosperous, making us GREAT.
Tbh, what bothered me the most was the way the crowd was reacting with their chanting on demand at the end of each of his pronouncements like a brainwashed proletariat. I was reminded of watching the NK parade--everyone in the crowd chanting exactly what the Boss wants to hear. That was actually the creepiest, most frightening part, what we seem to be turning into.

That was not a president's speech. It was the ill tempered rant of a man who smugly feels he can get away with anything, and who continues to ignore or demean the 60% of the country that doesn't approve of the job he's doing. It was mostly an old recycled stump speech from his glory days of the campaign, when any hollow promise goes.

Very disappointing all around and like I said, it gave me the creeps.

Trump's entire speech on 100th day - CNN Video

Having the rally itself shows what a whiny little insecure bitch he is. He'll do anything for the feeling of people liking him.

Trump showed once again what a shallow little man he is and how he relies on his endless lies and misinformation. He showed himself to be not only shallow and misinformed but malicious and mean-spirited as well. He is a hateful whiner. A spoiled brat.

Trump showed once again what a shallow little man he is and how he relies on his endless lies and misinformation. He showed himself to be not only shallow and misinformed but malicious and mean-spirited as well. He is a hateful whiner. A spoiled brat.
I didn't hear a lot of misinformation. The mask was off, though, and the mean-spirited side of the man was out in full force. And WHAT is with the crowd? It was scary.

Having the rally itself shows what a whiny little insecure bitch he is. He'll do anything for the feeling of people liking him.
He had to have an excuse for not going to the Correspondents' Dinner.

It was a superb speech. It is to be expected that Trump bashers gonna bash. They can't even be taken seriously any more.

One of the shrewdest moves by Trump is forcing the reporters to cover his speech instead of going to that dinner.

i thought it was an good speech , i especially liked when he spoke about the elites and media elites in Washington DC at their dinner all consoling themselves .

ISIS is still killing our people and our allies.

Economic growth this quarter was .7%.

10% less illegals were deported in the first three months of this year than in the same time last year.

No wall. No start on a wall. No funding for a wall. No wall.

No tax bill.

No repeal and replace. Three of our American want ACA as is or improved, not made to disappear.

i thought it was an good speech , i especially liked when he spoke about the elites and media elites in Washington DC at their dinner all consoling themselves .
-------------- Sur 'ismoe. They were having a wonderful time, a great time, making fun of the The Orangeness.

-------------------------------------- Trump has the Freedom to attend any event that he likes , no ones business but his business as to the events that he attends .

The rally was nothing more than attempt to deflect from the Annual Correspondent's Dinner, where he was too chicken to show up. He's the biggest coward to EVER gain the White House.

-------------------------------------- Trump has the Freedom to attend any event that he likes , no ones business but his business .

Sorry, but the business of the POTUS is OUR business. He's not an exec in a privately held company anymore. You need to get that through your incredibly thick skull just as he does.

10% less illegals were deported in the first three months of this year than in the same time last year.

No tax bill.

No repeal and replace. Three of our American want ACA as is or improved, not made to disappear.

So now your admitting Obama brought in troops?

?

-------------------------------------- Trump has the Freedom to attend any event that he likes , no ones business but his business .

Sorry, but the business of the POTUS is OUR business. He's not an exec in a privately held company anymore. You need to get that through your incredibly thick skull just as he does.
-------------------------------------------- Trump has the FREEDOM to attend any event that he likes '2020' , he didn't want to attend the elites media dinner as he preferred spending his time with his American supporters '2020' .

Trump's agenda is DOA. Our system of government is being put through the fire right now, and it is proving that it works by stopping Trump from ruining us all. Let's see if it's able to stop him from tossing us into WW3.

Reagan already won WWIII in the 80s

Kid.. with out firing a shot

No tax bill.

So now your admitting Obama brought in troops?

?
Well now that Trump's war on government transparency includes not reporting troop levels anywhere, who knows if we really have troops there or not?

Name a single politician - especially a Democrat, whiny insecure little bitch - who will not do anything for the feeling of the people liking him.

Forum List

Back