Thanks to Trump - International tourism to US plummets

Good! Fewer overstaying their visas.
Another idiotic response. Tourism and long term visas are not the same thing. The United States brings in $220 billion each year from tourists. Offending most of the first world so that tourists stop coming to the US means losing a good portion of that money to the economy.

Exactly how did we offend them? Did we restrict access from third world shit holes overrun with terrorists?
Trump offends them. There have been polls posted on this board already, so I won't repeat that--you can look them up if you want. The people in first world countries dislike Trump and are developing a negative attitude toward the States. I live in Spain. I travel regularly in Europe. I know first hand. But it isn't only European countries that have a negative view of Trump, and the US now, it is other first world countries, especially English speaking ones.

Also, they don't want to deal with people who think of basically normal places which may be different cultures as 'third world shit holes overrun with terrorists.' Intelligent, first world people who travel internationally are not interested in dealing with with people who think like that, and they are, yes, offended by such thinking. I've been in, even lived in, places someone like you would consider a 'third world shit hole overrun with terrorists.' 1) there are no terrorists and 2) they are not shitholes. But, as you have probably never traveled outside the US, you don't know that.

I hate to say this, but I have taken a crap more places than you have even thought about visiting.

The list of countries I have visited is quite long, but I will spare you the details. The countries I was referring to are on the Trump "travel ban" are third world shitholes and they are overrun with terrorists. I know that is the case because I have been there. That is why we don't want them in our country.

There are some people that are stupid and hide it well. You shout it at the top of your lungs and wave flags to draw attention to your lack of intellect.

Another idiotic response. Tourism and long term visas are not the same thing. The United States brings in $220 billion each year from tourists. Offending most of the first world so that tourists stop coming to the US means losing a good portion of that money to the economy.

Exactly how did we offend them? Did we restrict access from third world shit holes overrun with terrorists?
Trump offends them. There have been polls posted on this board already, so I won't repeat that--you can look them up if you want. The people in first world countries dislike Trump and are developing a negative attitude toward the States. I live in Spain. I travel regularly in Europe. I know first hand. But it isn't only European countries that have a negative view of Trump, and the US now, it is other first world countries, especially English speaking ones.

Also, they don't want to deal with people who think of basically normal places which may be different cultures as 'third world shit holes overrun with terrorists.' Intelligent, first world people who travel internationally are not interested in dealing with with people who think like that, and they are, yes, offended by such thinking. I've been in, even lived in, places someone like you would consider a 'third world shit hole overrun with terrorists.' 1) there are no terrorists and 2) they are not shitholes. But, as you have probably never traveled outside the US, you don't know that.

I hate to say this, but I have taken a crap more places than you have even thought about visiting.

The list of countries I have visited is quite long, but I will spare you the details. The countries I was referring to are on the Trump "travel ban" are third world shitholes and they are overrun with terrorists. I know that is the case because I have been there. That is why we don't want them in our country.

There are some people that are stupid and hide it well. You shout it at the top of your lungs and wave flags to draw attention to your lack of intellect.
I have lived and worked in 7 different countries on three continents. I haven't just visited them. I've been overseas now for over 14 years. During my 13 weeks of vacation each of those years, I have traveled throughout the world. What amazes me about you is that you profess to be a teacher, but in all my 30 years of teaching at college prep, community college and university level, I have never met a teacher as truly ignorant, bullying and close minded as you are. Maybe that's because you are from the South, were educated there and teach there. I've always been told that education in the southern states is weak, and now you are a shining illustration of such.

I have lived and worked in 7 different countries on three continents. I haven't just visited them. I've been overseas now for over 14 years. During my 13 weeks of vacation each of those years, I have traveled throughout the world. What amazes me about you is that you profess to be a teacher, but in all my 30 years of teaching at college prep, community college and university level, I have never met a teacher as truly ignorant, bullying and close minded as you are. Maybe that's because you are from the South, were educated there and teach there. I've always been told that education in the southern states is weak, and now you are a shining illustration of such.

Teaching is my second career. My avatar should give you a clue as to my first profession.

As to my conduct, I hate people like you who choose to talk out of their ass simply because they can.

I know things about these countries that you could not possibly know, no matter how many times you visited.

Teaching is my second career. My avatar should give you a clue as to my first profession.

As to my conduct, I hate people like you who choose to talk out of their ass simply because they can.

I know things about these countries that you could not possibly know, no matter how many times you visited.
I haven't visited them, I lived there. I know more about the ME than anyone on this board. Spent more time there, lived and worked with the people there. I am not talking about anything I don't know about. You may have spent a day or two in a few places, you haven't spent years in many places. Every summer I spent 2 months in a different country from where I was living. I don't have to make things up. I have lived it.

The persona you present is of an arrogant, ignorant bully. In all my 30 years of teaching, I never dealt with any teacher as awful as you are. I feel sorry for any child that has ever been your student. It must have been a sad if not harrowing experience.

I haven't visited them, I lived there. I know more about the ME than anyone on this board. Spent more time there, lived and worked with the people there. I am not talking about anything I don't know about. You may have spent a day or two in a few places, you haven't spent years in many places. Every summer I spent 2 months in a different country from where I was living. I don't have to make things up. I have lived it.

The persona you present is of an arrogant, ignorant bully. In all my 30 years of teaching, I never dealt with any teacher as awful as you are. I feel sorry for any child that has ever been your student. It must have been a sad if not harrowing experience.

Your comments speak volumes because despite all of that posturing, you are still a blowhard and an idiot.

Statistics are statistics - You think the world still likes us?

Think again

9 charts on how the world sees President Trump
who gives a SHIT if the world likes us??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You and every American should. A country’s perception of another country can have a huge impact on foreign policy decisions of that country. Keeping global approval ratings of the U.S. high strengthens our ability to accomplished diplomatic goals without military force, gaining cooperation on intelligence sharing, help with problems Americans have traveling or doing business abroad, and support for American diplomacy in other countries.

It's not just foreign policy that suffers when opinions of the US abroad takes a nosedive but an economic issue with every company that sells products oversea. From the customs inspector that clears your shipment to the agent who stamps your passport, to the shopper considering your product opinions of the US matters.

If you don't think what the rest of world thinks of the US matters, you are living a hundred behind the times.
Na, getting along is overrated you sorry ass fuck… LOL
And the cost of not getting along has cost us over 5 trillion dollars. For that amount of money we could have the greatest infrastructure in the world or pay most of the countries healthcare bill.

Well it's not just Trump that caused the loss of those trillions. We've pretty much been at war constantly for decades. Democrat, Republican in power, doesn't make much difference.
War is the ultimate failure of diplomacy.
Is it ALL Trump's fault? Nope, there are other factors -

But he is hated in particular by Europe and Mexico for his America First, dog whistling anti-immigrant BS and that is a definite factor.

How Trump has impacted world tourism – one year on

hqdefault.jpg
Maybe because most these so called "tourists" overstay their tourist visa and then somehow apply for extended stay or some type of residency status by hiring an immigration lawyer or other shenanigans tolerated in the past? So why go through the all the expense of coming here when they know the gig is up.

We do know that a big chunk of illegals are those who overstay their temporary short term tourist or business visas
Last year 629,000 people overstayed their Visa. That may sound like a lot but when you consider that represents only about 1% of the over 50 million that travel to the US each year and most of those violators are not really tourist spending an extra week at Disney.

The problem is people who want to come here to work but can't get a work permits so they use a tourist visa. If we actually made all employers check immigration status or citizenship, this problem would disappear along with most of our illegal immigration problems.
People who overstay come here with the intention of doing it. It isn't only work, they have friends, family or other associations that are already here. Or things are so tough back home they just can't go back, hoping to get some welfare, healthcare and other govt. services.

In the past it was a lot easier to get some kind of long term visa status. One way was to find work with an employer who can be your "sponsor", which means you're still in limbo but eventually after many years, you will gain legal status, then green card, and then after five years citizenship. It's a long haul but many they're willing to go through it. And there are organizations that make money specializing in finding work with sponsors.

Of course all of this has come to a halt since Trump became president. Honesty, I don't see what the big deal is, the UK has successfully implemented the highly skilled migrant visa for a long time. Which means they are now attracting all the smart, highly educated people that can carry their own weight instead of requiring more govt. services than the tax they potentionalky pay.

And if you have a drunk driving violation on your record in the last 20 years, there is no way you're ever going to go to Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, even if you're an American citizen going there as a tourist.

But here in the US we have sanctuary cities which literally refuse to report illegal criminal felons to the INS for deportation. And we wonder why we are in the mess we are in today. We are constantly shooting ourselves in foot when it comes to immigration.
The basis of the illegal immigration problem lies in our immigration laws.

There are far to many exemptions to verification of immigration status/citizenship granted to employers. Furthermore, most of the penalties for non-repeat offenders are civil not criminal and the fines are not high enough to be a deterrent. Stop the hiring of illegal immigrants and you will see illegal boarder crossing dry up and illegals in the US that can't find work will leave.

The immigration laws do not guarantee fair treatment for those detained. For example, immigration laws guarantee that the detainee has the right to apply for asylum or ask for time to produce proof of lawful present in the US. In reality, this legal guarantee is worthless to most detainees. Immigration agents are not require to explain anything to detainees and they don't. They are offered a fast tract deportation with no punishment and detention time if they agree to terminate their legal rights. The alternative presented by immigration agents is indeterminate detention and no legal council provided to prepare a case. Most detainees opt for deportation which is a huge misstate since over half those detained are released within days.

For those that have legal council which are most often those connected with the drug trade or other illegal activities, are typically released within 7 days of detention. When they appear in court with their lawyer, 80% escape deportation through any number of loopholes.

The unfairness of the law has been a primary reason behind sanctuary cities. Those connected with the drug trade and those with money and connections escape deportation while hard working people in legal jobs are deported, many of which are in the US legally or have strong cases for asylum.

Last edited:
who gives a SHIT if the world likes us??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You and every American should. A country’s perception of another country can have a huge impact on foreign policy decisions of that country. Keeping global approval ratings of the U.S. high strengthens our ability to accomplished diplomatic goals without military force, gaining cooperation on intelligence sharing, help with problems Americans have traveling or doing business abroad, and support for American diplomacy in other countries.

It's not just foreign policy that suffers when opinions of the US abroad takes a nosedive but an economic issue with every company that sells products oversea. From the customs inspector that clears your shipment to the agent who stamps your passport, to the shopper considering your product opinions of the US matters.

If you don't think what the rest of world thinks of the US matters, you are living a hundred behind the times.
And the cost of not getting along has cost us over 5 trillion dollars. For that amount of money we could have the greatest infrastructure in the world or pay most of the countries healthcare bill.

Well it's not just Trump that caused the loss of those trillions. We've pretty much been at war constantly for decades. Democrat, Republican in power, doesn't make much difference.

But he is hated in particular by Europe and Mexico for his America First, dog whistling anti-immigrant BS and that is a definite factor.

hqdefault.jpg
Maybe because most these so called "tourists" overstay their tourist visa and then somehow apply for extended stay or some type of residency status by hiring an immigration lawyer or other shenanigans tolerated in the past? So why go through the all the expense of coming here when they know the gig is up.

We do know that a big chunk of illegals are those who overstay their temporary short term tourist or business visas
Last year 629,000 people overstayed their Visa. That may sound like a lot but when you consider that represents only about 1% of the over 50 million that travel to the US each year and most of those violators are not really tourist spending an extra week at Disney.

The problem is people who want to come here to work but can't get a work permits so they use a tourist visa. If we actually made all employers check immigration status or citizenship, this problem would disappear along with most of our illegal immigration problems.
People who overstay come here with the intention of doing it. It isn't only work, they have friends, family or other associations that are already here. Or things are so tough back home they just can't go back, hoping to get some welfare, healthcare and other govt. services.

In the past it was a lot easier to get some kind of long term visa status. One way was to find work with an employer who can be your "sponsor", which means you're still in limbo but eventually after many years, you will gain legal status, then green card, and then after five years citizenship. It's a long haul but many they're willing to go through it. And there are organizations that make money specializing in finding work with sponsors.

Of course all of this has come to a halt since Trump became president. Honesty, I don't see what the big deal is, the UK has successfully implemented the highly skilled migrant visa for a long time. Which means they are now attracting all the smart, highly educated people that can carry their own weight instead of requiring more govt. services than the tax they potentionalky pay.

And if you have a drunk driving violation on your record in the last 20 years, there is no way you're ever going to go to Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, even if you're an American citizen going there as a tourist.

But here in the US we have sanctuary cities which literally refuse to report illegal criminal felons to the INS for deportation. And we wonder why we are in the mess we are in today. We are constantly shooting ourselves in foot when it comes to immigration.

There are far to many exemptions to verification of immigration status/citizenship granted to employers. Furthermore, most of the penalties for non-repeat offenders are civil not criminal and the fines are not high enough to be a deterrent. Stop the hiring of illegal immigrants and you will see illegal boarder crossing dry up and illegals in the US that can't find work will leave.

The immigration laws do not guarantee fair treatment for those detained. For example, immigration laws guarantee that the detainee has the right to apply for asylum or ask for time to produce proof of lawful present in the US. In reality, this legal guarantee is worthless to most detainees. Immigration agents are not require to explain anything to detainees and they don't. They are offered a fast tract deportation with no punishment and detention time if they agree to terminate their legal rights. The alternative presented by immigration agents is indeterminate detention and no legal council provided to prepare a case. Most detainees opt for deportation which is a huge misstate since over half those detained are released within days.

For those that have legal council which are most often those connected with the drug trade or other illegal activities, are typically released within 7 days of detention. When they appear in court with their lawyer, 80% escape deportation through any number of loopholes.

The unfairness of the law has been a primary reason behind sanctuary cities. Those connected with the drug trade and those with money and connections escape deportation while hard working people in legal jobs are deported, many of which are in the US legally or have strong cases for asylum.
Correct. There is a whole legal sector who's main purpose is to provide a revolving door for illegals who get caught. The part that you forgot to add was even those that get deported return within days by crossing the southern border. One of the many things that Trump is trying to shut down.

But he is hated in particular by Europe and Mexico for his America First, dog whistling anti-immigrant BS and that is a definite factor
Cool. The Mexicans will just "overstay." Purely accidental, of course.

hqdefault.jpg

Correct. There is a whole legal sector who's main purpose is to provide a revolving door for illegals who get caught. The part that you forgot to add was even those that get deported return within days by crossing the southern border. One of the many things that Trump is trying to shut down.
Only 37% of undocumented immigrants have legal representation and guest who they are. Of those that don't have legal representation, only 2% were able to avoid deportation.
Only 37 percent of immigrants have legal representation

..... I know more about the ME than anyone on this board. Spent more time there, lived and worked with the people there. I am not talking about anything I don't know about. You may have spent a day or two in a few places, you haven't spent years in many places. Every summer I spent 2 months in a different country from where I was living. I don't have to make things up. I have lived it.........

Only 37% of undocumented immigrants have legal representation and guest who they are. Of those that don't have legal representation, only 2% were able to avoid deportation.

So about four million illegal immigrants have legal representation, and we really don't know what the rest of the 8 million are up to. That assuming the numbers are correct since we have no way finding out how many actual illegals are in this country. It could be as much as 28 million by some estimates. Either way, that isn't very heart warming. Bottom line is something concrete needs to be done.

..... I know more about the ME than anyone on this board. Spent more time there, lived and worked with the people there. I am not talking about anything I don't know about. You may have spent a day or two in a few places, you haven't spent years in many places. Every summer I spent 2 months in a different country from where I was living. I don't have to make things up. I have lived it.........

Traveling "masseur"?

So about four million illegal immigrants have legal representation, and we really don't know what the rest of the 8 million are up to. That assuming the numbers are correct since we have no way finding out how many actual illegals are in this country. It could be as much as 28 million by some estimates. Either way, that isn't very heart warming. Bottom line is something concrete needs to be done.
No, only 37% of the people in immigration court have legal representation. The backlog in immigration court is almost 600,000 cases. The average wait time is 676 days.

Immigration cases are not all deportation cases. In fact, most of them are not. Some are asylum cases being plead by legal immigrants, placement of children, citizenship application cases, denied visas, etc.

I agree, something does need to be done. And it starts with immigration law and regulations:

• There should be criminal penalties for entering the US illegally or hiring illegal immigrants.
  • We need realistic quotes.
  • We need a real tracking system for vistas.
  • We need to get the word out in Central American countries that the US is not a land of milk and honey. It is illegal for the US government to provide any form of welfare to illegal immigrants. Employers are not allowed to hire illegal immigrants and there are stiff penalties for doing so. Crossing the US boarder is dangerous and there are penalties for illegal entry.
  • Amnesty should be available to long term residents that are an asset to their community and children brought to this country by their parents at a young age.
  • Treatment of illegal immigrants should be both fair and legal.
  • We need approximately 300 miles of enhanced fencing, not a 2000 mile boarder wall.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back