Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close

Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close | The Gateway Pundit

Three West Virginia coal plants just announced they will close this year. Metro News reported: Ohio based FirstEnergy Corporation announces it will close three coal fired power plants in West Virginia by this fall. The closings come directly from the impact of new federal EPA regulations. The plants to close are Albright Power Station, Willow Island Power Station, and the Rivesville Power Station. The company says 105 employees will be directly impacted. The three plants produce 660 megawatts and about 3-percent of FirstEnergy’s total generation. In recent years, the plants served as “peaking facilities” and generated power during times of...

They are closing three "peaking" stations that only provide energy during peak periods...and yet had to burn coal 24/7. There are better alternatives...

Which would be?

As well as the employees of the new, cleaner plants and alternative energy industries of the the future.

Why is a GM/Chrysler bankruptcy a good thing while Solydra's, the onlyone of 38 Clean Projects fail, a tragedy and a scandal? Pub Propaganda pawns...lol

Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close | The Gateway Pundit

Three West Virginia coal plants just announced they will close this year. Metro News reported: Ohio based FirstEnergy Corporation announces it will close three coal fired power plants in West Virginia by this fall. The closings come directly from the impact of new federal EPA regulations. The plants to close are Albright Power Station, Willow Island Power Station, and the Rivesville Power Station. The company says 105 employees will be directly impacted. The three plants produce 660 megawatts and about 3-percent of FirstEnergy’s total generation. In recent years, the plants served as “peaking facilities” and generated power during times of...

They are closing three "peaking" stations that only provide energy during peak periods...and yet had to burn coal 24/7. There are better alternatives...

Which would be?

My preference would be wind or solar, but there are also clean burning natural gas turbines that can be shut off when power isn't needed. Coal plants have to keep burning whether the energy produced is being used or not.

Being a right wingnut must be so easy, no matter what happens no need to think, or examine, or analyze consequences, just blame our President and all is good in the world and sleep comes so easy. :lol:

The lakes and people of the NE and Canada give thanks....Flat Earth Society morons.

Well then, get off the net and save the planet.

Get off the net. And turn every fixture in your house off right now.

Do it. Never post again. Save the planet.

Which would be?

Coal plants have to keep burning whether the energy produced is being used or not.

i didn't know that.

a ton of coal typically costs $20/ton to dig up, crush and get to the furnace. Once there the stuff is burnt and the heat boils water into super-critical steam, pushing turbines. Some heat is recovered in a good coal fired plant, getting about 40% efficiency from coal lump to power-meter at the station’s transformers upping the voltage for transmission. Thus every megawatt produced means about 2.5 megawatts of heat from burning coal, about 0.0926 kg coal burnt and about 0.338 kg of carbon dioxide produced. A 500 megawatt plant thus needs to burn 46.3 kg/second or 4,000 tons of coal a day. And the plant can’t slack off because the boiler and furnaces need to burn that ALL the time.
Cost of coal

More on the cost of coal...

How Coal Works

The lakes and people of the NE and Canada give thanks....Flat Earth Society morons.

Don't drive a car, disconnect electricity, refuse to buy anything that contains plastic...

just go au natural!:lol:

These old plants need to be retired.

Utility engineers and accountants should decide when they are retired, not politicians or imbeciles like you.

Accountants? Utility Engineers?
Please.
We have many coal fired utility plants here in Georgia and all over the southeast. The trains are sometimes over a mile long with each box car filled with coal.
Asthma rates in the southeast over the last 40 years with all of the growth here have skyrocketed and it is coal fumes that is causing a lot of it.
I live 30 miles due east of a Georgia Power coal powered plant and today with the cold weather and clear skies I could smell it at 7 am this morning.
Coal mining is one of the absolute worst things you can to ground water, natural springs and the entire environment.
I am no Obama fan but coal driven anything is terrible these days. Coal is an ancient and inefficient commodity for energy with the power plants.
Ask any engineer what they think about coal driven power plants. They hate them as much as I hate Obama as President.
Smart move by the administration. Even a blind squirrel can find the nut sometimes.

Where do you buy your Hyperbole Flakes? Do you put bananas on them?

It's strawberry season.

And I only eat what I get free. Kashi flakes. They are excellent.

With all due respect, check out Britain. I've been a fan of wind since seriously the 70's. I believe in alternative sources. But somehow they managed to screw it up.

Only governments can screw up natural resources I swear. Because they need to make it a revenue source.

Therein lies the pity.

And plenty of other countries are using it quite effectively. Hydrogen Community Lolland - the Future is Here

wind-farm-in-denmark.jpg

We aren't even taking baby steps...

I believe that our energy should be appliance based and not resource based. Our generation's "space program" needs to be the race to cheaper, cleaner energy that relies on sources we have that are plentiful and renewable. The money to be made will be there...from the guy that builds the "Mr. Fusion".

Mr_Fusion_by_emmokapp.jpg

So lets not build the XL Pipeline which is in a position that should something happen it can be fixed and contained easily, but ok nuclear plants that can have much worse effects.

Utility engineers and accountants should decide when they are retired, not politicians or imbeciles like you.

Acountants? They'd run an old plant that into the ground with only profitability as a guide. The right likes to talk about values, but want us ignore the fact that there's nothing inherently moral about the bottom line.

Acountants? They'd run an old plant that into the ground with only profitability as a guide. The right likes to talk about values, but want us ignore the fact that there's nothing inherently moral about the bottom line.

BS You lying turd.

People also understand you must maintain equipment to continue to make money.

This order came from Obama in his campaign promise so fuck off.

Really? The "let's go back to the stone age" strawman!!! No wonder the debate never gets settled. 'NO' isn't a plan, it's more like a sickness. Hey..., isn't there another thread on this?

ANTI-GOVERNMENT PHOBIA

:eek::lol::cool:

Forum List

Back