Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close

Utility engineers and accountants should decide when they are retired, not politicians or imbeciles like you.

Acountants? They'd run an old plant that into the ground with only profitability as a guide. The right likes to talk about values, but want us ignore the fact that there's nothing inherently moral about the bottom line.

BS You lying turd.

People also understand you must maintain equipment to continue to make money.

This order came from Obama in his campaign promise so fuck off.

They weren't ordered to close, they were ordered to clean up. They CHOSE to close up rather than clean up.

Acountants? They'd run an old plant that into the ground with only profitability as a guide. The right likes to talk about values, but want us ignore the fact that there's nothing inherently moral about the bottom line.

BS You lying turd.

They weren't ordered to close, they were ordered to clean up. They CHOSE to close up rather than clean up.
And that is part of the O's plan. He said he would "necessarily make it expensive..."

He uses the EPA as a political weapon. The O needs to go.

ah yes... the 'mercury sham'. We don't want it in our food, our thermometers, our coal or anything. But make sure you use CFLs! That mercury's just DIFFERENT somehow.

But don't break one... mmkay?

I am very familiar with two of those plants. I have seen them both within the last month and could drive to look at either of them within the hour if I had to. Both of them should have been shut down 30 years ago, but what is more important that that is that those two plants exist within 30 miles of two dozen other coal fired plants. You see the part of West Virginia they exist in lights the eastern seaboard. More electricity is produced in the immediate area of those two plants than is used in the entire state of West Virginia, but we export that power and only keep the pollution for ourselves.

Shut those filthy bastards down, shut them all down. They poison the air,the coal they burn poisons the land and the water. And what for, so all you clowns who live in the lowlands can have your lights on 24/7 because you're scared out of your whitts of the dark?

BS You lying turd.

Do you understand the word cost?

Democrats as a rule do not understand the concept.

I am very familiar with two of those plants. I have seen them both within the last month and could drive to look at either of them within the hour if I had to. Both of them should have been shut down 30 years ago, but what is more important that that is that those two plants exist within 30 miles of two dozen other coal fired plants. You see the part of West Virginia they exist in lights the eastern seaboard. More electricity is produced in the immediate area of those two plants than is used in the entire state of West Virginia, but we export that power and only keep the pollution for ourselves.

Shut those filthy bastards down, shut them all down. They poison the air,the coal they burn poisons the land and the water. And what for, so all you clowns who live in the lowlands can have your lights on 24/7 because you're scared out of your whitts of the dark?

If you want to live in a country that can't produce enough electricity to run the lights at night, I suggest moving to North Korea. Here in America we like having power 24/7.

BS You lying turd.

And that is part of the O's plan. He said he would "necessarily make it expensive..."

LOL...right...big evil Democratic plan. Lord you people are truly crazy. Yes or no, Barack Obama ran on cleaner energy? Yes or no, he ran on cleaning up coal plants? Yes or no, he won?

Plants are closing down that are too old to be running anymore. They can't meet the cleaner standards that the ELECTED President put into place (which was part of his campaign so it's not a big surprise). These plants had the choice to clean up their operations (which cost taxpayers millions in health care costs) or close. They chose to close. That means cleaner air and water (and therefore lower health care costs) for the residents living near those plants either way.

So now we know what a West Virginian Malthusian thinks....

Ye olde 'fuck you I got mine' philosophy.

If you want to live in a country that can't produce enough electricity to run the lights at night, I suggest moving to North Korea. Here in America we like having power 24/7.
The plants that are closing only produced power during peak times, but still had to RUN 24/7. That's not effective or efficient. Replace them with clean burning gas turbines that can be SHUT OFF when not needed. (but just in the interim until they can be completely converted to wind, solar or other renewable resource)

LOL...right...big evil Democratic plan. Lord you people are truly crazy. Yes or no, Barack Obama ran on cleaner energy? Yes or no, he ran on cleaning up coal plants? Yes or no, he won?

Plants are closing down that are too old to be running anymore. They can't meet the cleaner standards that the ELECTED President put into place (which was part of his campaign so it's not a big surprise). These plants had the choice to clean up their operations (which cost taxpayers millions in health care costs) or close. They chose to close. That means cleaner air and water (and therefore lower health care costs) for the residents living near those plants either way.

And the EPA is making it harder by fiat for them to upgrade.

Try again.

The plants that are closing only produced power during peak times, but still had to RUN 24/7. That's not effective or efficient. Replace them with clean burning gas turbines that can be SHUT OFF when not needed. (but just in the interim until they can be completely converted to wind, solar or other renewable resource)

What's not "effective or efficient" is forcing the shut down of power plants before you have the replacement energy source up and ready to go. Where will the peak electricity be produced? Do the words "rolling brown out" mean anything to you? Because that's what we're looking at with the EPA policies we now have.

And the EPA is making it harder by fiat for them to upgrade.

Try again.

So how are some managing to do it while others aren't? Maybe some of them are just too damn old to be operating anymore and SHOULD be shut down. Coal is one of the worst sources of energy we have. It is the dirtiest and one of the least efficient. Time to move away from it...especially for plants like these that are not providing the bulk of energy to the surrounding communities, are only there for "peak" times and still must burn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They SHOULD be closing if they can't operate to the standards set by the EPA. That's what they are there FOR.

Coal is one of the worst sources of energy we have.

False. The only two better are nuclear and hydro. They are the cheapest, most reliable and efficient.

If it's so simple and obviously efficient and beneficial, why don't you pony up, draw up a business plan that an investment banker will throw in with, buy the plants and convert them yourself?

Coal is one of the worst sources of energy we have.

False. The only two better are nuclear and hydro. They are the cheapest, most reliable and efficient.
...and the two that the enviroloons bitch the loudest about, when you come around to the point that you actually attempt to put them into play.

Can't win for losin' with those nutbars.

of course. the want every one back in mud huts dying in the cold, if you took it all the way to the logical conclusion.

Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close | The Gateway Pundit

Three West Virginia coal plants just announced they will close this year. Metro News reported: Ohio based FirstEnergy Corporation announces it will close three coal fired power plants in West Virginia by this fall. The closings come directly from the impact of new federal EPA regulations. The plants to close are Albright Power Station, Willow Island Power Station, and the Rivesville Power Station. The company says 105 employees will be directly impacted. The three plants produce 660 megawatts and about 3-percent of FirstEnergy’s total generation. In recent years, the plants served as “peaking facilities” and generated power during times of...

They are closing three "peaking" stations that only provide energy during peak periods...and yet had to burn coal 24/7. There are better alternatives...

Which would be?

Building new plants or upgrading the old ones.

Forum List

Back