Thank You, Mr. President

Today on Morning Joe, NBC News Legend Tom Brokaw remarked to Pat Buchanan about how the level of partisanship is even more intense today than during the depths of the Watergate crisis. Brokaw was commenting on Congressman Grayson's comments, but he could have easily been talking about Joe Wilson or death panels or the bizarre claim that the President "hates all white people."

Read more at: Joe Scarborough: Thank You, Mr. President

I'm happy for Rio and think it is past time that South America got a chance to host the Olympic Games. But put me down as one conservative who is glad my president flew across the ocean to try to bring the 2016 Games to America.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Abraham Lincoln

Is it so hard to post a paragraph or two with the link in a block quote? Somebody was hit with the stupid stick as a child...

Fortunately, there are a growing number of Americans who believe we cannot continue going on this way.

This is a non-political movement. The 9-12 Project is designed to bring us all back to the place we were on September 12, 2001. The day after America was attacked we were not obsessed with Red States, Blue States or political parties. We were united as Americans, standing together to protect the greatest nation ever created.

Mission Statement : Glenn Beck – The 912 Project

With all due respect BFRGN the only thing Chicago is a show case for is political corruption on a grand scale and all your leader was doing was attempting to shift even more money to the crooks in charge. The only difference between Chicago and your average banana republic is that the powers that be speak English and they have been in power longer in Chicago. Only in Chicago is the mayors job considered a family heirloom.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Fortunately, there are a growing number of Americans who believe we cannot continue going on this way.

This is a non-political movement. The 9-12 Project is designed to bring us all back to the place we were on September 12, 2001. The day after America was attacked we were not obsessed with Red States, Blue States or political parties. We were united as Americans, standing together to protect the greatest nation ever created.

Why in the world would we as a nation want to return to th emindset of 9/12/2001? Do you remember what was happening and why the nation was united? We were dazed, confused, enraged, in collective mourning, and most important paralyzed by fear. We came together in catharsis for some of the most extreme negative emotions a nation can experience.
As soon as the paralysis wore off and we started moving again of course we were arguing over what direction to march in. That's the open marketplace of ideas at work, as well as the healing process.
Who the hell wants 9/12/2001 as a permanent state of being?

Why in the world would we as a nation want to return to th emindset of 9/12/2001? Do you remember what was happening and why the nation was united? We were dazed, confused, enraged, in collective mourning, and most important paralyzed by fear.

<snip>

That's precisely where the right (and specifically the Rs) want us to be.

headshot.jpg

Joe Scarborough
Host of MSNBC's Morning Joe, former member of Congress
Posted: October 2, 2009 02:47 PM

Count me as one conservative who is disappointed that President Obama's hometown will not be hosting the 2016 Olympic Games.

Chicago is a beautiful city that would have made a perfect backdrop for the Olympics. The President was right to fly to Copenhagen to try to land the games, not for the sake of his city, but for the good of his country. The fact President Obama failed makes me respect him more for taking the chance, and the fact many right-wing figures opposed the President's mission shows just how narrow-minded partisanship makes us all.

For the better part of 20 years, a bitterness has infected our politics that has weakened our country.
Edited for our Copyright Policy - KK

"For the better part of 20 years, a bitterness has infected our politics that has weakened our country."

To me it looks like globalists selling it off to the highest bidder as the culprit. That will breed an uneasiness.
Besides if they keep us busy with nonsense we have less of a chance of seeing what is really happening.

On 9/12/2001 the entire country was supportive of Bush. The 9/12 Project, on the other hand, is a group of mainly hateful asswipes that hate the President enough that they carry around signs calling him Hitler and Stalin.

You aren't fooling anyone.

I live in Central Illinois.

I gotta say, I havent talked to a single person yet whos actually upset the Olympics arent coming to Chicago.

We heard so much shit coming out of Chicago about "The CITY will pick up the tab for this" and that would be all well and good. But they wouldnt have, the rest of the state would be paying for it. While Illinois hasnt hit Californias mark in being fucking broke, we're getting there. Not many of us we're pumped about more money going to Olympic Games that would go over budget and in the end LOSE money. What starts in Chicago always seems to filter down to the rest of us through Springfield. That damn smoking ban is a good example (and us hicks south of Chicago are horrible for being able to get away with not complying)

The rest of the people of Illinois also weren't pumped about having to end up paying for this, when it would be only those in Chicago benefitting from jobs the Olympics would have created.

People are out of work, small towns are drying up. But hey! Lets pay for the Olympics! NO THANKS

Why in the world would we as a nation want to return to th emindset of 9/12/2001? Do you remember what was happening and why the nation was united? We were dazed, confused, enraged, in collective mourning, and most important paralyzed by fear.

<snip>

That's precisely where the right (and specifically the Rs) want us to be.

ANYONE who waves the bloody shirt of 9/11 and plays on the emotions of that time is trying to put us right back there, although I will agree the right does it more often and blatantly than the left.
Do we run around exhorting people to live the rest of their lives the same way they did the day after a loved one was killed? Or do we encourage the healing process and a return to some semblance of normalcy?

Joe needs to visit a part of Chicago that doesn't have 5 stars over the door.
The place sucked in the sixties and it REALLY sucks now.I lived in that shithole for about 5 years.
The suburbs are nice too. Like Gary, Indiana where many of Chicago's finest citizens were probably born.

If Obama would have pushed for his " home town" it probably would have worked.
Somewhere in Hawaii.

I respect Scarborough. Too bad he's in the minority of what we hear coming from the right nowadays.

MARK THIS POST DOWN TO REMEMBER FOR I KNOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT THAT IF SCARBOROUGH RUNS FOR OFFICE HE SHALL SUDDENTLY BECOME DEMONIZED AND VILLIFIED BY THE LEFT. JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back