Thank you, Governor Snyder

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/04/us/voter-id-bills-rejected-by-michigan-gov-rick-snyder.html?_r=1

Gov. Rick Snyder of Michigan surprised his fellow Republicans on Tuesday, refusing to sign two bills that would have required voters to show photo identification before obtaining an absentee ballot. The vetoes are an election-year rarity for the party, which has pressed for tougher voter identification laws nationwide.

The bills were among three that Mr. Snyder returned to legislators after approving 11 other measures in a package of election changes based on proposals by Michigan’s secretary of state, Ruth Johnson. They were passed by lawmakers two weeks ago. “These reforms will make a good election system even better by adding appropriate safeguards and improving transparency,” Mr. Snyder said. He said the vetoed bills “could create voter confusion among absentee voters.”

I live in Michigan, He Vetoed the 2 Bills because they contained to Vague of Language. He still favors better identification for Voting, Simply did not like the wording of these 2 parts of it.

I suspected as much when I saw he had signed the majority of them.

But explaining that to our resident 5 year old is not always easy............. :)

Gov. Rick Snyder of Michigan surprised his fellow Republicans on Tuesday, refusing to sign two bills that would have required voters to show photo identification before obtaining an absentee ballot.

Now he’s a ‘bad’ republican, just like the Chief Justice.

I suspected as much when I saw he had signed the majority of them.

But explaining that to our resident 5 year old is not always easy............. :)

Gov. Rick Snyder of Michigan surprised his fellow Republicans on Tuesday, refusing to sign two bills that would have required voters to show photo identification before obtaining an absentee ballot.

Now he’s a ‘bad’ republican, just like the Chief Justice.
The only reason he is a bad Republican to you is because he doesn't want foreign nationals voting.

See, I cannot understand why Obama wants to keep foreign nationals voting. The rest of the world really doesn't respect him, so at this point, he should do the right thing - the constitutional thing - and stop enabling foreign national voting.

Forum List

Back