Thank A Veteran Today

Bullshit. My deceased ex was one of them. It scarred him for life how he was treated, leading to his eventual overdose, much worse than being a Marine during that war.

Disrespect for Vietnam vets is fact, not fiction
But Lembcke (august west) is refuted by many other sources, including Jim Lindgren, a Northwestern University law professor who cited news accounts that documented many spitting incidents. One example: A 1967 Bucks County Courier Times article reporting that two sailors were spat on outside a high school football game by a gang of about 10 young men. One of the sailors was stabbed.

Others:

• In October 1967, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter James Reston's front page article in the New York Times described his eyewitness account of protest behavior so vulgar that spitting was the least of the transgressions.

• Even Medal of Honor recipients were abused and "spat upon as 'monsters'," according to the head of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, WWII medalist Thomas J. Kelly. Kelly recounted how about 200 anti-war protesters showed up one year to harass the Medal of Honor recipients at their annual dinner. WWII Medalist James Conners was unable to avoid a particularly obnoxious man yelling, "Killer, killer, killer." Conners decked him.

• Other spitting incidents were reported by Pulitzer Prize winners Max Frankel in the New York Times (November 1969) and Carl Bernstein in the Washington Post (May 1970).

Ask the guy who ate through a straw for six weeks or so! :laugh2:
Tell me his name and I`ll ask him. Which hospital was he treated at?

tell us, augie...

which branch did you serve in that you didn't see or hear of it happening?
Nobody saw it and no police reports or news stories about those alleged incidents exist. Pure fantasy created by bitter vets. I don`t blame them for being bitter but why the fairy tales?
Spitting Image
But still....no proof.https://www.amazon.com/Spitting-Image-Memory-Legacy-Vietnam/dp/0814751474&tag=ff0d01-20

That isn't the Bible, augie, (and I doubt you'd believe it if it was), it was one mans opinion, and a very biased one at that

Honey, the proof is in those papers. Just because you don't give a damn, and prefer your alternate reality, and prefer to ignore the truth, doesn't make your view real.In my post it lists papers in which stories of the real reality prove you wrong.
Bullshit. My deceased ex was one of them. It scarred him for life how he was treated, leading to his eventual overdose, much worse than being a Marine during that war.

But Lembcke (august west) is refuted by many other sources, including Jim Lindgren, a Northwestern University law professor who cited news accounts that documented many spitting incidents. One example: A 1967 Bucks County Courier Times article reporting that two sailors were spat on outside a high school football game by a gang of about 10 young men. One of the sailors was stabbed.

Others:

• In October 1967, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter James Reston's front page article in the New York Times described his eyewitness account of protest behavior so vulgar that spitting was the least of the transgressions.

• Even Medal of Honor recipients were abused and "spat upon as 'monsters'," according to the head of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, WWII medalist Thomas J. Kelly. Kelly recounted how about 200 anti-war protesters showed up one year to harass the Medal of Honor recipients at their annual dinner. WWII Medalist James Conners was unable to avoid a particularly obnoxious man yelling, "Killer, killer, killer." Conners decked him.

• Other spitting incidents were reported by Pulitzer Prize winners Max Frankel in the New York Times (November 1969) and Carl Bernstein in the Washington Post (May 1970).

tell us, augie...

Nobody saw it and no police reports or news stories about those alleged incidents exist. Pure fantasy created by bitter vets. I don`t blame them for being bitter but why the fairy tales?
Spitting Image
But still....no proof.https://www.amazon.com/Spitting-Image-Memory-Legacy-Vietnam/dp/0814751474&tag=ff0d01-20

I just saw Lee Greenwood sing his God Bless the USA live. It always brings tears to my eyes

Others:

tell us, augie...

Spitting Image

That isn't the Bible, augie, (and I doubt you'd believe it if it was), it was one mans opinion, and a very biased one at that
That one man was a Vietnam vet. My 2 brothers -in-law served in Vietnam, came home got jobs and raised their families and did not spend the next 4 decades playing the victim and making up stories about being spit on and whining about Jane Fonda. There are good vets and there are bad vets. Those guys came home and were ignored just like the Korean War vets were. The Korean vets didn`t spend the rest of their lives looking for pity. If anyone has video or copies of arrest reports I`ll certainly take a look.

Others:

tell us, augie...

Spitting Image

That one man was a Vietnam vet. My 2 brothers -in-law served in Vietnam, came home got jobs and raised their families and did not spend the next 4 decades playing the victim and making up stories about being spit on and whining about Jane Fonda. There are good vets and there are bad vets. Those guys came home and were ignored just like the Korean War vets were. The Korean vets didn`t spend the rest of their lives looking for pity. If anyone has video or copies of arrest reports I`ll certainly take a look.

Nah, just keep spitting on them, like you have for decades

And you haven't any idea whether it would have been different if they had experienced it.
Many did survive the horrid treatment they did receive, but many, for whatever reason, did not, and others today that still struggle with it.
And then you have those that were fortunate enough to have escaped the wretched behavior of others. For your sisters sake, I am glad their husbands were some of the fortunate ones.

Others:

tell us, augie...

Spitting Image

Others:

Spitting Image

Nah, just keep spitting on them, like you have for decades
I'm sure he will, sadly. We can only hope one day he may grow up.

Actually, you are. One of you spit on my brother when he arrived back from Vietnam. This resulted in the spitter's jaw being broken in three places.
Bullshit! There`s no proof that any vet was spit on....until Tuesday.

tell us, augie...

Spitting Image

FYI bimbo, I was at most of the anti-war protests in DC in the late 60s and early 70s. I saw veterans and active duty troops harassed.

Why was I there? At the time, they were the best events to score dope and pick up stoned hippie girls. :laugh:

Forum List

Back