Texas Trooper Who Arrested Sandra Bland Is Indicted on Perjury Charge

A friend of mine did a COPS segment for Fort Myers, Florida, Mike. You get to see some of the shit they deal with watching that show but what you don't really get a sense of is what it's like to police a dangerous area day after day dealing with people who have no moral compass. One of the Fort Myers police was killed a few years back by someone who just walked up to him on the street and shot him in the head while he was trying to calm down a domestic dispute. Totally unprovoked. Things like that make cops on the beat jumpy. If someone wants to know why police seem to overreact at times ask yourself what your state of mind would be if you were the person sitting alone in a police cruiser in a bad neighborhood not knowing if YOU are going to be the next police officer that someone tries to assassinate?
Something which becomes readily apparent from studying a progression of COPS episodes is the manner which most (not all) patrolmen relate to and deal with even the most minor offenders. From the initial moment of encounter, through the searching and interrogation process, the behavior of some (too many) cops is unnecessarily aggressive, often brutal, and almost always unduly contemptuous.

While most of these minor offenders may be described (in your terms) as having no moral compass, therefore not deserving of the type of respectful treatment a comparatively "upright" citizen might receive, the fact remains they are imbued with a resentful anger which is manifest in the occasional assassination or attempted assassination, such as recently occurred in Philadelphia. I am sure it's occurred to you, as it has to me, that the victims of these attacks, who apparently are chosen at random, quite possibly might be what I think of as Type-A cops, i.e., the type who does not treat arrest subjects with unnecessarily aggressive contempt, who do the job according to the rules, and therefore are victimized because of the typical conduct of the Type-B cops who have managed to implant homicidal loathing in the minds of budding psychopaths and potential assassins.

My thoughts on this subject date back to 1971 when New York City Patrolmen Waverly Jones and Joseph Piagentini were gunned down in Harlem, and in 1972 when New York City Patrolmen Rocco Laurie and Gregory Foster were similarly back-shot and killed in the East Village. I'm recalling that my good friend Pete Hamill mentioned in his New York Daily News column that he'd been told by a Harlem resident that Waverly Jones and Rocco Laurie were ". . .two nice cops who didn't deserve to be 'offed' that way." Those memories often occur to me while watching some Type-B cops doing their unnecessarily aggressive and contemptuous thing in a COPS segment.

I'm sure the Type-B cops who routinely act out their personal hang-ups and/or macho fantasies on subjects they blithely regard as low-lifes, scum-bags, ghetto-rats, etc., ever give thought to the notion held by some that whatever goes around comes around. I don't know if Philadelphia Patrolman Jesse Hartnett is a Type A or a Type-B cop. But whichever, he is lucky to be alive and I'm sure he is giving some thought to the notion of karma and whose bill he almost just paid -- if not his own.

So were they doing "shifty" things at the beauty shop that got burned? At the CVS that got looted?

The truth, Joey is that the real racist here is you...you stereotype the owner of the convenience store and then you make pathetic attempts to do the same with me. Storm Front? Seriously? I'm about as far from a Nazi skin head as you could possibly get. I grew up in Amherst, Massachusetts...which is probably about as liberal a town as you could find in the whole country. So save your nonsense for someone that deserves it!

YOu stop trying to rationalize the state murders of people of color, I'll stop calling you the racist you are. Sounds reasonably fair.

You poor baby. You have a SERIOUS problem with authority figures.
Normal well adjusted peaceful law abiding people do not. They understand that in our society there are times and places were authority figures like LEOs and judges are vital tp protect themselves from criminals who prey on innocent people for whatever reasons.
You are obviously either just out of prison, about to go to prison or know you be soon caught then be sentenced to prison........again.
'Authority figures' keep asshole predators like you away from ordinary peace loving people. And YOU don't like it!
Hope you enjoy the fucking cat food sandwiches in prison.
You constantly referenced watching some fucking TV show about cops.
The life of a LEO isn't summed up on the fucking TV show you're obsessing on.
Your fixation is obviously a serious emotional issue.
You might consider getting some mental health treatment.
I'm guessing someone in a uniform who was a authority figure touched your 'pee-pee' when you were little.
Could have been a member of the clergy, and Boy Scout leader.
Were you ever a Boy Scout? A choir boy?
Keepers at NYC's Bronx Zoo have installed plexiglas barriers beyond the bars of some cages in the primate exhibit because the monkeys therein are known to defecate into their hands and throw it when something upsets them. The monkeys do this when they are frustrated because all that a monkey in a cage can do when he doesn't like something is throw shit.

Ignorance and stupidity are metaphorical cages. Personal insults and empty ad hominem comments are analogous to handfuls of shit to be tossed out in place of intelligent, reasoned, logical arguments.
Figured out who touched your 'pee-pee' when you were a little kid yet?
No one on this forum thinks for a minute you are putting up "reasoned" posts about LEOs. You obviously have very serious 'cop-hate' syndrome.
Seek mental help before you do something that will put you back in prison.

So were they doing "shifty" things at the beauty shop that got burned? At the CVS that got looted?

The truth, Joey is that the real racist here is you...you stereotype the owner of the convenience store and then you make pathetic attempts to do the same with me. Storm Front? Seriously? I'm about as far from a Nazi skin head as you could possibly get. I grew up in Amherst, Massachusetts...which is probably about as liberal a town as you could find in the whole country. So save your nonsense for someone that deserves it!

YOu stop trying to rationalize the state murders of people of color, I'll stop calling you the racist you are. Sounds reasonably fair.

What's amusing is watching you accuse others of racism as you continue to use derogatory names like Apu towards the store owner that Michael Brown assaulted. Here's a thought, Joey...clean up your own house before you start pointing fingers at others!

Oh wait...you're a liberal...so in your mind you CAN'T be a racist! (eye-roll)

Negroes get shot by cops because negroes have the 'warrior gene' which makes negroes far more likely to commit acts of violence than Whites do based on percent of population.
Too fucking bad for negroes and LEOs who must deal with a race of people barely up one rung higher on the evolutionary ladder than bonobos.

A friend of mine did a COPS segment for Fort Myers, Florida, Mike. You get to see some of the shit they deal with watching that show but what you don't really get a sense of is what it's like to police a dangerous area day after day dealing with people who have no moral compass. One of the Fort Myers police was killed a few years back by someone who just walked up to him on the street and shot him in the head while he was trying to calm down a domestic dispute. Totally unprovoked. Things like that make cops on the beat jumpy. If someone wants to know why police seem to overreact at times ask yourself what your state of mind would be if you were the person sitting alone in a police cruiser in a bad neighborhood not knowing if YOU are going to be the next police officer that someone tries to assassinate?
Something which becomes readily apparent from studying a progression of COPS episodes is the manner which most (not all) patrolmen relate to and deal with even the most minor offenders. From the initial moment of encounter, through the searching and interrogation process, the behavior of some (too many) cops is unnecessarily aggressive, often brutal, and almost always unduly contemptuous.

While most of these minor offenders may be described (in your terms) as having no moral compass, therefore not deserving of the type of respectful treatment a comparatively "upright" citizen might receive, the fact remains they are imbued with a resentful anger which is manifest in the occasional assassination or attempted assassination, such as recently occurred in Philadelphia. I am sure it's occurred to you, as it has to me, that the victims of these attacks, who apparently are chosen at random, quite possibly might be what I think of as Type-A cops, i.e., the type who does not treat arrest subjects with unnecessarily aggressive contempt, who do the job according to the rules, and therefore are victimized because of the typical conduct of the Type-B cops who have managed to implant homicidal loathing in the minds of budding psychopaths and potential assassins.

My thoughts on this subject date back to 1971 when New York City Patrolmen Waverly Jones and Joseph Piagentini were gunned down in Harlem, and in 1972 when New York City Patrolmen Rocco Laurie and Gregory Foster were similarly back-shot and killed in the East Village. I'm recalling that my good friend Pete Hamill mentioned in his New York Daily News column that he'd been told by a Harlem resident that Waverly Jones and Rocco Laurie were ". . .two nice cops who didn't deserve to be 'offed' that way." Those memories often occur to me while watching some Type-B cops doing their unnecessarily aggressive and contemptuous thing in a COPS segment.

I'm sure the Type-B cops who routinely act out their personal hang-ups and/or macho fantasies on subjects they blithely regard as low-lifes, scum-bags, ghetto-rats, etc., ever give thought to the notion held by some that whatever goes around comes around. I don't know if Philadelphia Patrolman Jesse Hartnett is a Type A or a Type-B cop. But whichever, he is lucky to be alive and I'm sure he is giving some thought to the notion of karma and whose bill he almost just paid -- if not his own.

My friend that was on COPS is married to another police officer. She grew up out in the suburbs of Long Island with two very liberal parents but she readily admits now that she views people in the inner city differently after being a cop for some fifteen years. She's seen things on a daily basis that have hardened her attitude towards them. It's something she struggles with but it's still there. She's not a "type B" cop...she's simply human.

Negroes get shot by cops because negroes have the 'warrior gene' which makes negroes far more likely to commit acts of violence than Whites do based on percent of population.
Too fucking bad for negroes and LEOs who must deal with a race of people barely up one rung higher on the evolutionary ladder than bonobos.

Get a grip, Dude! There's nothing in black people's genes that prompts them to criminal acts. You've got a combination of several generations of black males being raised in fatherless households oftentimes by black mothers far too young to be having kids, a welfare system that encouraged dependency rather than hard work, a school system that passes them through without teaching them basic skills and finally the glorification of "thug life" and "bling". Blacks in the US have been failed by the "War on poverty" that started back in the 1960's. What's happening now is simply the result!

...I was civil with the officers who stopped me and they were civil with me in return. Once they knew WHO I was and what I was doing in that area...not only did they not stop me...they would return my wave of greeting as I drove past.

LOL, man...the nievete is astounding. If you asked anyone else in that drug area their experiences I guarantee waves and letting you go about your business isn't part of it
Bullshit.

If you have no record the cop isnt going to fuck with you, idiot.

In a high drug area? Thats your privilege showing...pretending that your personal anecdote is the case for most people.

You actually drove frequently to a drug area and were waved at. Let that sink in for a second because people who LIVE in those areas get harassed....no, but not you tho. :rofl:

His story is this: I drove threw a drug area regularly and was greeted fondly.

Womp womp

No, idiot child...my "story" is that I drove through a drug infested area regularly and until the police knew me by sight (which took four different stops by four different officers!) they stopped my car and checked me out just like everyone else. Once they did recognize me...then when I gave them a wave of greeting I got the same in return. Why? Because I treated them with respect and didn't cop an attitude. I understood that they were there in a dangerous neighborhood...doing a dangerous job...and they were doing it because they'd been ORDERED to do it!

4 different cops? Well by golly, then did they share the information with each other to be on the look out for a white dude fitting your description to wave at or was the one interaction per cop enough to grant you friendly access for life? LOL

So in short....cops who are assassinated deserved it.

Classy.

The Democrats should keep running on this platform.

...I was civil with the officers who stopped me and they were civil with me in return. Once they knew WHO I was and what I was doing in that area...not only did they not stop me...they would return my wave of greeting as I drove past.

LOL, man...the nievete is astounding. If you asked anyone else in that drug area their experiences I guarantee waves and letting you go about your business isn't part of it
Bullshit.

If you have no record the cop isnt going to fuck with you, idiot.

In a high drug area? Thats your privilege showing...pretending that your personal anecdote is the case for most people.

You actually drove frequently to a drug area and were waved at. Let that sink in for a second because people who LIVE in those areas get harassed....no, but not you tho. :rofl:

I worked a high drug/high crime area. Mostly blacks and hispanics. I knew many people there and many were good folks. I waved at them. Chatted with them at the gas station getting my coffee. Granparents. Young adults who were trying to work for a better life. Simple blue collar workers who maybe had troubled pasts but now we're working honest and doing ok. Good people.

But the thugs and gang members who terrorized those folks, robbed them, raped them, and killed them? We busted their fucking heads. We fucked with them every time we saw them. We tried to make them HATE being in that neighborhood....and made them never want to come back. We knew who they were. We would follow them until they committed a minor offense so we could fuck with them and try to find a jail able offense or scare them out of the community for the night.

And crime dropped. I know liberals will protest that. Fuck em. It was for all those good citizens to live in peace....not to please a fucking liberal. I don't regret it for a second. And most people who lived there would say they are thankful for it.

But that was 20 years ago.

Today's cops can't clean a neighborhood like that. They must hug the thugs. Serve them hot tea. Tolerate their crimes or be put on trial themselves. We can thank liberals for it.

He said she hit him.

She did not him.

That's perjury.

No wonder you were fired. Do you protect all cops no matter what? You had no business being a cop.

No one was saying the other cop would not be bonded out. That's up to a judge. The bond was a million and the bondsman made him ante 25%. Wow!
well fine then, post up that link.

You so missed his point.

He's saying....blacks will go nuts and act wild if you dare disrespect them. But....blacks will disrespect a cop and be shocked when the cop doesn't take their shit. (Que the "higher standard" response from the same folks who want cops "treated like anyone else would be. Can't be "like everyone else" if there's a double standard).
I don't blame a cop who gets mad at a Black man who behaves offensively because of the macho factor. But any male cop who cannot adjust to offensive behavior on the part of a woman, either Black or White, is sure to have serious problems. Because that's the way women are when provoked -- and getting a traffic summons is provocative. (Are you married? Do you have sisters or daughters?)

I watched and listened to the entire transaction between the trooper and Bland. All he needed to do was write the summons and leave. But he had to assert himself. He had to tell her to put the cigarette out. Just what did he expect? Did he think Bland was going to say, "yassuh," and put it out?

Bland was not really offensive. She didn't curse at him. She was just being contrary. I'm sure the Grand Jurors realized the trooper's actions were excessive, which is why they indicted him. The bottom line is his over-reaction caused an unnecessary death -- and regardless of how one might feel toward Bland his actions will cost the taxpayers millions of dollars when this goes to a civil jury.
so you're saying black women don't respect the law?

My friend that was on COPS is married to another police officer. She grew up out in the suburbs of Long Island with two very liberal parents but she readily admits now that she views people in the inner city differently after being a cop for some fifteen years. She's seen things on a daily basis that have hardened her attitude towards them. It's something she struggles with but it's still there. She's not a "type B" cop...she's simply human.
A fellow I grew up and went to (parochial) school with in Brooklyn became a cop in the sixties. He was intelligent, raised by a German/Catholic family like mine and I'd never heard him utter a racist comment. But within a year after his initial assignment to the 30th Precinct (Harlem), each time he talked about his job he frequently referred to "the n!ggers," the coons, "the Black bastards," etc. His mood would darken and there was a tone of hatred in his voice. I recall him saying, "You can't believe n!iggers when they say hello!" He told me about all the radio cars in his precinct being dented all over from bottles and bricks tossed out of windows and from rooftops.

Those conversations usually took place in a booth at the Purity restaurant in the lily-White South Brooklyn neighborhood where we grew up and his descriptions of things the rest of us couldn't possibly understand were something to laugh about. But things have changed considerably since those comparably innocent days and each time I read or hear about a cop being killed, or a cop killing some Black under suspicious circumstances, my thoughts include the tales my old friend would tell us about White cops and Black males.

At the bottom line of this seemingly natural and extremely potent enmity is the unavoidable conclusion that this situation is a vicious cycle and where it began depends on who is talking. I can't say for certain where the original fault lies, but when I see a cop, or a group of cops, behaving with unnecessary and contemptuous aggression toward a passive Black subject, regardless of the seriousness of the subject's alleged offense, it occurs to me that a seed is being planted.

I'm not suggesting that any cop, especially those Whites who harbor a hostile racist disposition, behave amicably toward Blacks in stereotypical Liberal deference to the brutal circumstances of Black history in America, etc. But I would suggest that all cops give some thought to the potential effect their conduct can have on them -- or on someone else who wears a badge.

When aggressive -- even brutally aggressive treatment is called for there is no good reason for constraint. But I have no doubt that excessive and unnecessary aggression by cops is behind every random assassination of some unexpecting and possibly undeserving cop.

You so missed his point.

He's saying....blacks will go nuts and act wild if you dare disrespect them. But....blacks will disrespect a cop and be shocked when the cop doesn't take their shit. (Que the "higher standard" response from the same folks who want cops "treated like anyone else would be. Can't be "like everyone else" if there's a double standard).
I don't blame a cop who gets mad at a Black man who behaves offensively because of the macho factor. But any male cop who cannot adjust to offensive behavior on the part of a woman, either Black or White, is sure to have serious problems. Because that's the way women are when provoked -- and getting a traffic summons is provocative. (Are you married? Do you have sisters or daughters?)

I watched and listened to the entire transaction between the trooper and Bland. All he needed to do was write the summons and leave. But he had to assert himself. He had to tell her to put the cigarette out. Just what did he expect? Did he think Bland was going to say, "yassuh," and put it out?

Bland was not really offensive. She didn't curse at him. She was just being contrary. I'm sure the Grand Jurors realized the trooper's actions were excessive, which is why they indicted him. The bottom line is his over-reaction caused an unnecessary death -- and regardless of how one might feel toward Bland his actions will cost the taxpayers millions of dollars when this goes to a civil jury.
Show us where I said that.

A fellow I grew up and went to (parochial) school with in Brooklyn became a cop in the sixties. He was intelligent, raised by a German/Catholic family like mine and I'd never heard him utter a racist comment. But within a year after his initial assignment to the 30th Precinct (Harlem), each time he talked about his job he frequently referred to "the n!ggers," the coons, "the Black bastards," etc. His mood would darken and there was a tone of hatred in his voice. I recall him saying, "You can't believe n!iggers when they say hello!" He told me about all the radio cars in his precinct being dented all over from bottles and bricks tossed out of windows and from rooftops.

Those conversations usually took place in a booth at the Purity restaurant in the lily-White South Brooklyn neighborhood where we grew up and his descriptions of things the rest of us couldn't possibly understand were something to laugh about. But things have changed considerably since those comparably innocent days and each time I read or hear about a cop being killed, or a cop killing some Black under suspicious circumstances, my thoughts include the tales my old friend would tell us about White cops and Black males.

At the bottom line of this seemingly natural and extremely potent enmity is the unavoidable conclusion that this situation is a vicious cycle and where it began depends on who is talking. I can't say for certain where the original fault lies, but when I see a cop, or a group of cops, behaving with unnecessary and contemptuous aggression toward a passive Black subject, regardless of the seriousness of the subject's alleged offense, it occurs to me that a seed is being planted.

I'm not suggesting that any cop, especially those Whites who harbor a hostile racist disposition, behave amicably toward Blacks in stereotypical Liberal deference to the brutal circumstances of Black history in America, etc. But I would suggest that all cops give some thought to the potential effect their conduct can have on them -- or on someone else who wears a badge.

When aggressive, even brutally aggressive, treatment is called for there is no good reason for constraint. But I have no doubt that excessive and unnecessary aggression by cops is behind every random assassination of some unexpecting and possibly undeserving cop.
but it is I who pay the cops salary want them to protect the innocent, and misbehaving and disrespectful people have what comes to them based on their own behavior. So, cop tells someone to stop misbehaving and that individual, white or black disrespects that officer, I hope that cop takes that individual in and books him for the night. Teach the disrespectful a lesson that society isn't them, they are a part of a society and as such have rules. And those rules are maintained by sworn in citizens who put their lives on the line. I have no sympathy for a criminal. None.

You so missed his point.

Show us where I said that.
here:

But any male cop who cannot adjust to offensive behavior on the part of a woman, either Black or White,

Forum List

Back