No indictments in Sandra Bland death

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
No indictments in Sandra Bland’s death in police custody
A grand jury will not indict anyone in connection with the death of Sandra Bland, who was found hanged in a Texas jail cell in July.
Five months after her death drew national protests, one of the special prosecutors for the case, Darrell Jordan, told The Washington Post that the grand jury decided not to indict anyone, including staff at the Waller County Jail where Bland was held, in connection with her death.
The grand jury will reconvene in early January to “take up remaining issues,” Jordan said. He declined to comment on what those issues might be, because grand jury proceedings are secret. He also did not comment on what evidence led to Monday night’s outcome.
In an interview with the New York Times, Jordan stressed that this decision does not signal the end of the investigation into Bland’s case.

Anyone surprised? Im not.

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) also tweeted a statement on the decision.
“Sandra Bland should not have died while in police custody. There’s no doubt in my mind that she, like too many African-Americans who die in police custody, would be alive today if she were a white woman,” it read. “My thoughts are with her family and her loved ones tonight. We need to reform a very broken criminal justice system.”

Does that mean he thinks white people kill themselves at a lower rate? Or is he like Obama and evidence be damned?

A grand jury will not indict anyone in connection with the death of Sandra Bland, who was found hanged in a Texas jail cell in July.
Five months after her death drew national protests, one of the special prosecutors for the case, Darrell Jordan, told The Washington Post that the grand jury decided not to indict anyone, including staff at the Waller County Jail where Bland was held, in connection with her death.
The grand jury will reconvene in early January to “take up remaining issues,” Jordan said. He declined to comment on what those issues might be, because grand jury proceedings are secret. He also did not comment on what evidence led to Monday night’s outcome.
In an interview with the New York Times, Jordan stressed that this decision does not signal the end of the investigation into Bland’s case.

WOW..that's a real shocker...nexgt?

This is more of a tort situation than a criminal prosecution. As she killed herself.

WOW..that's a real shocker...nexgt?
IKR? Why would someone get in trouble for some wacko offing herself?

I can't imagine anyone being blindsided by this. Pity her family didn't care enough to spring her, especially given that they must have known she was suicidal.

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) also tweeted a statement on the decision.
“Sandra Bland should not have died while in police custody. There’s no doubt in my mind that she, like too many African-Americans who die in police custody, would be alive today if she were a white woman,” it read. “My thoughts are with her family and her loved ones tonight. We need to reform a very broken criminal justice system.”

Does that mean he thinks white people kill themselves at a lower rate? Or is he like Obama and evidence be damned?

Confirmed....bernie is a complete idiot.

If the legal system continues to fail the people will eventually turn to street justice
what should have happened here?
A warning or ticket for forgetting to use a blinker
OK so then why did you say that if you cant think of anything? You just wanted SOMETHING to happen?
When incompetent, shit police work leads to a death, I think something should happen yes.

If the legal system continues to fail the people will eventually turn to street justice
OK so then why did you say that if you cant think of anything? You just wanted SOMETHING to happen?
When incompetent, shit police work leads to a death, I think something should happen yes.
but you don't know? You just want social justice to out-rule fact. A good word to describe that is "limp wrist"

She killed herself. That led to her death. Usually does.

but you don't know? You just want social justice to out-rule fact. A good word to describe that is "limp wrist"
I would like the officers involved to lose their jobs and monetary compensation.

This is more of a tort situation than a criminal prosecution. As she killed herself.
Absolutely, and I think the jail can be sued, as they are responsible for not neglecting suicidal people. Texas justice doesn't care about the well being of the accused, especially poor blacks and Mexicans. And that needs to change.

Forum List

Back