Texas to reconsider $6M steriod testing in schools

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Agnapostate, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Welcome to Charter.net - News

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Idiots will never admit their mistakes. Deeply held ideological convictions prevent individuals of this variety from admitting error no matter the level of empirical evidence that shatters their illusions. That's not something that we didn't already know, but it remains saddening to see it occur on a daily basis.

Moreover, there might be some constitutional concerns with the random testing of student athletes that have been overlooked by the judicial system in the past.

2. michiganFats

michiganFats BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +171
    At least they're considering scaling the program down. Back in my day steroid testing was based on common sense. When the football team went in for their summer physicals, and 1 or 2 guys gained 50 pounds of muscle and a lot of acne in one year, guess who got tested for steroids? It's a shame Dewhurst and Flynn are advocating the wasting of taxpayer money in a futile attempt to be relevant.

3. love007435

love007435 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    potiskanje, tako lepo temo dobro delovno mesto

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    What are you babbling about now?

There is no Constitutional issue with RANDOM testing. That one's been tried and failed in court.

If you honestly believe high school athletes in Texas don't take steroids, I got some West Texas swampland for sale. High school athletics, especially football, is EVERYTHING here, beyond reason.

It isn't that there's an error, dimwit ... it's that it isn't worth the cost.

Try educating yourself before opening your trap, huh?

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I don't know what it's like now, but back in my day, TEXAS was the ONLY STATE that Pennsylvania thought worthy of having as an adversary for our ALL STAR football team.

So if Texans are even half as crazy about football as Keystoners were in my day, I'd say that testing for steriods is probably not such a bad idea, nowadays.

They ought to test the freaking fans, too, in my never humble opinion.

They must be high on something.

6. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    I don't recall saying that Texans don't take steroids. I know nothing about Texans' steroid use, though I just got a good indication as to their education in other areas.

Clearly, you need to familiarize yourself with New Jersey v. T.L.O. to a greater degree. I'm familiar with the justification given for random testing of athletes, and I've identified a major flaw in it.

7. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Football (American) = Gay

8. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    Having lived in Texas and a son who played football (team mate of his was Randy Rhodes) I never saw one coach who pushed this on any kid. My son never took any nor did he know anyone who did. (1999)

High School football in Texas is HUGE!! I mean HUGE!! They live and breathe HS Football. Friday nights everyone in towns go to the local games!

Drug testing by the school? No, if a school suspects a child is using steroids they should speak to the parent about it and inform them of the dangers. Let the parent take the matter into their own hand. They can also call the cops to investigate the matter, but drug testing a kid in school I’m not for it.

If a kid dies from steroid use...oh fucking well, our country cannot save everyone from their own bad choices!

9. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Death from steroids is the least, but yeah, if they want to become impotent (and sometimes gaining erectile dysfunction) oh well, let them. At least they won't be reproducing to have more morons stupid enough to try it.

10. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    Yeah it seems this country is all about trying to help morons from themselves.