Texas teen mauled by 3 pit bulls in backyard has died, police say

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is horrible. I have to say, I always believe it's how you raise a dog, but pitbulls just constantly make the news for killing humans. If there is a bias it can't be extreme. Worse, there were three. No kid is going to survive that.

They are banned in Ontario which is excessive, however, like dobermans when I was a kid, this breed just raises my instincts to avoid them.

All one had better know is if you're attacked by a Pitbull, you better fight like it's your life, because it very well good be. I suppose go for their eyes and throat and don't go just 80%.

RIP kid.

A 16-year-old Texas boy mauled by three pit bulls inside a fenced-in backyard Saturday has died, investigators said.

The Irving Police Department announced in a news release Sunday that the unnamed teen died at Parkland Hospital during the night. Medics treated one officer for a dog bite before releasing him.

Update: Here is a serious site I found via google.

Combative Anatomy: How to fight a dog

Some very good pointers, especially using a belt as a weapon and pinning the dog down. Don't have sunglasses on or look the dog directly in the eye. These kinds of details can save your life, or a limb.

Last edited:
Maybe pits are just talented killers, so when it happens it's more often fatal.

Maybe pits are just talented killers, so when it happens it's more often fatal.

Someone said they were specifically bred for dog fighting. Humans are too often behind the destruction of a species it seems. I can't confirm if true or not. For me, dobermans scared the hell out of me as a kid. As an adult Rottweilers are pretty fearsome. I've seen some as big as about 200 lbs, solid and not well mannered. I wouldn't enjoy having to fight for my life agains such an animal.

I hope I don't ever find myself in such a situation. If I do, I hope I can throw my love of animals in the bin for the moments I need to slay my attacker if it gets to that point. Just a horrible way to die and I don't intend to go that way. Against 3 though, that's insane and no easy task for any adult if they are hellbent on taking you out. Truly sad.

Don't be climbing people's fences. Climb in my backyard and the dogs eat you. YOU deserved it.

Don't be climbing people's fences. Climb in my backyard and the dogs eat you. YOU deserved it.

Well the owner said he wanted to help the kid, from the article. Bottom line, unless he wasn't there, control your dog. Yes, I understand, he might not be criminally responsible due to the kid being in his backyard, but one must have some control over their dogs, especially 3 Pitbulls.

This is horrible. I have to say, I always believe it's how you raise a dog, but pitbulls just constantly make the news for killing humans. If there is a bias it can't be extreme. Worse, there were three. No kid is going to survive that.

They are banned in Ontario which is excessive, however, like dobermans when I was a kid, this breed just raises my instincts to avoid them.

All one had better know is if you're attacked by a Pitbull, you better find like it's your life, because it very well good be. I suppose go for their eyes and throat and don't go 80%.

RIP kid.

A 16-year-old Texas boy mauled by three pit bulls inside a fenced-in backyard Saturday has died, investigators said.

The Irving Police Department announced in a news release Sunday that the unnamed teen died at Parkland Hospital during the night. Medics treated one officer for a dog bite before releasing him.

Update: Here is a serious site I found via google.

Combative Anatomy: How to fight a dog

Some very good pointers, especially using a belt as a weapon and pinning the dog down. Don't have sunglasses on or look the dog directly in the eye. These kinds of details can save your life, or a limb.
To many stories with pit bulls. Perhaps people owning them see the breed as a protector. But they seem to be to erratic in behavior.

It wasn’t immediately clear why the teen was in the backyard.

“He told me he’s homeless and I wanted to help him out, actually,” Guillermo Lorenzo, the homeowner, told Fox 4 Dallas.

Lorenzo won’t face any charges since the dogs were in his fenced-in backyard, the station reported.

He told WFAA-TV that the three pit bulls, Bella, Bruce and Little Bit, were only protecting their home and the teen shouldn’t have been in the backyard in the first place.

================================================================================================

I agree that pit bulls are dangerous.

But in this case, the dogs did exactly what they should have done - they attacked an intruder.

Depends on the situation here. Sounds to me..... like the teen climbed a fence, and was in someone's backyard where he wasn't supposed to be.

I don't go climbing over people's fences, because... it's wrong. Bad things happen when you do wrong.

So again it depends. I need to know why that kid was there, before I'll get bent about dogs. It's only a sad situation if the kid was innocent. If the kid was a criminal, then no it's a happy situation. One less criminal in the world is good for all of us.

Teach your kids to not be bad people, and they won't get killed.

Depends on the situation here. Sounds to me..... like the teen climbed a fence, and was in someone's backyard where he wasn't supposed to be.

I don't go climbing over people's fences, because... it's wrong. Bad things happen when you do wrong.

So again it depends. I need to know why that kid was there, before I'll get bent about dogs. It's only a sad situation if the kid was innocent. If the kid was a criminal, then no it's a happy situation. One less criminal in the world is good for all of us.

But death?

My dog is a fairly large breed. He got out the other day when he ran past my wife. There was a guy doing some work outside, I was concerned my dog might go at him, but I called him, and he stopped, sniffed around a bit, until I took him inside.

Different scenario of course, but, bottom line. If someone jumps into my backyard, I want my dog to do his job, but, also respond when I, the alpha male, tell him to stop until he senses a need to protect.

Pits are the way they are because of human breeders and dog fighters. My daughter has one that is the biggest baby around.

Part of the problem is a pit has a very high tolerance for pain and very powerful jaw muscles. So when they do attack, they do a lot of damage and are hard to stop.

I was part of a class on defending yourself against dogs. The trainer said the eyes are good, if you are keeping they jaws away from your face or throat. But, if you can, grab the dog's feet. Most dogs don't like their feet messed with, and you can do damage quickly by twisting hard. If it is a pack of dogs, twist the feet and push it away. The pack will attack the wounded animal.

But death?

My dog is a fairly large breed. He got out the other day when he ran past my wife. There was a guy doing some work outside, I was concerned my dog might go at him, but I called him, and he stopped, sniffed around a bit, until I took him inside.

Different scenario of course, but, bottom line. If someone jumps into my backyard, I want my dog to do his job, but, also respond when I, the alpha male, tell him to stop until he senses a need to protect.

Yeah, pretty much. To me this has nothing to do with dogs.

I get it that you have a different view of this, and I respect that....

I don't know if you have ever come home to find your house ransacked, stuff broken and damaged, stuff stolen, end up having your account drained of money, have fraud alerts close down all your bank cards, and then have for the next few years, companies calling you about bounced checks (they stole a check book, and were writing checks with my name on them)...........

I hate thieves. Hate. As in absolute, unending, HATRED of thieves. Yes.... kill them. Kill all of them. They are burden on society.

Again... I don't know what this kids was doing. But if this kid jumped that fence to steal or break into that dudes home.... then not only do I think that's wonderful, but I wish everyone had dogs like that.

If we killed off enough of the evil scum in this society, the world would be a better place.

The poor dog that was shot. That cop should be prosecuted and the hero dogs each given a juicy steak. They did their jobs.

Good doggie.

The problem is that people get them and teach them to fight and be nasty. If you go to a reputable breeder and there from a good blood line they are fine. My brother had a pit bull and my nieces and nephews use to pull his ear, lay on him and does crazy shit to him and he never once growled. You can turn a lot of dogs vicious. My blame is the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that people get them and teach them to fight and be nasty. If you go to a reputable breeder and there from a good blood line they are fine. My brother had a pit bull and my nieces and nephews use to pull his ear, lay on him and does crazy shit to him and he never once growled. You can turn a lot of dogs vicious. My blame is the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In this case, the dogs did exactly what they were supposed to do. They aren't vicious just good dogs.

I agree. I have no use for pit bulls at all but those dogs were in their own back yard defending their owners home. The kid had no business in that back yard and you can't tell me he didn't see those dogs. What a moron.

To bad he's dead but he had only himself to blame.

Pit bulls are bred to fight and have enormous strength. Most people who own one do so as a status thing. White, naive gentrifiers and mostly black segregationist thugs. It’s a vicarious thing.
My dog is a breed that has nothing but affection. At a recent barks-in-the-park pro baseball event, my dog got along with everyone and every dog. Until he was attacked by a pit bull.

Pit bulls are bred to fight and have enormous strength. Most people who own one do so as a status thing. White, naive gentrifiers and mostly black segregationist thugs. It’s a vicarious thing.
My dog is a breed that has nothing but affection. At a recent barks-in-the-park pro baseball event, my dog got along with everyone and every dog. Until he was attacked by a pit bull.

Some are as you describe. Some are still "nanny dogs". My daughter's pit was attacked at a doggie park. He just rolled over and surrendered. He got a bloody ear and the greyhound that attacked him didn't have a mark.

Some are as you describe. Some are still "nanny dogs". My daughter's pit was attacked at a doggie park. He just rolled over and surrendered. He got a bloody ear and the greyhound that attacked him didn't have a mark.

An aggressive greyhound? Wow.

Forum List

Back