Texas spends more than $12 million to bus migrants to Washington, DC, and New York...great value for taxpayers?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
CNN is realizing that this is a MAJOR issue for New York and D.C residents, so they try and convince Texans that they are being scammed. If it was good for NY and D.C, CNN wouldn't say much at all. I think Texans are probably a little sharper than CNN gives them credit for.

First, as I understand it money has been raised in Texas to cover some costs.

Second, $12M is a HELL of bargain for taxpayers to move, say approx 10,000 illegal citizens thus far. How much would it cost taxpayers to house, feed and assist so many people on a monthly basis? How many under the table jobs taken which hurt citizens and politicians?

This is a advertisement for Abbott not negative criticism.

(CNN)The state of Texas has spent more than $12 million busing migrants to Washington, DC, and New York who crossed into the state from Mexico, according to figures from the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
A state government spreadsheet obtained by CNN through a Freedom of Information Act request shows that, as of August 9, Texas has paid $12,707,720.92 to Wynne Transportation, the charter service that is taking migrants to the two cities.

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's office has said migrants are transported out of state only with their written permission. It is not clear what other options have been offered to the migrants.
Abbott's office did not immediately reply to a request for comment from CNN on Tuesday. In a news release Friday, Abbott's office said that "the busing mission is providing much-needed relief to our overwhelmed border communities."

It is usually the responsibility of released migrants to cover the cost of their travel throughout the US as their asylum cases are pending in court. However the state-chartered border buses have been providing free rides to the north-bound asylum-seekers for months.

CNN is realizing that this is a MAJOR issue for New York and D.C residents, so they try and convince Texans that they are being scammed. If it was good for NY and D.C, CNN wouldn't say much at all. I think Texans are probably a little sharper than CNN gives them credit for.

Second, $12M is a HELL of bargain for taxpayers to move, say approx 10,000 illegal citizens thus far. How much would it cost taxpayers to house, feed and assist so many people on a monthly basis? How many under the table jobs taken which hurt citizens and politicians?

(CNN)The state of Texas has spent more than $12 million busing migrants to Washington, DC, and New York who crossed into the state from Mexico, according to figures from the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
A state government spreadsheet obtained by CNN through a Freedom of Information Act request shows that, as of August 9, Texas has paid $12,707,720.92 to Wynne Transportation, the charter service that is taking migrants to the two cities.

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's office has said migrants are transported out of state only with their written permission. It is not clear what other options have been offered to the migrants.
Abbott's office did not immediately reply to a request for comment from CNN on Tuesday. In a news release Friday, Abbott's office said that "the busing mission is providing much-needed relief to our overwhelmed border communities."

It is usually the responsibility of released migrants to cover the cost of their travel throughout the US as their asylum cases are pending in court. However the state-chartered border buses have been providing free rides to the north-bound asylum-seekers for months.
What will the lifetime cost for these resource suckers be if they stay

I wish they'd bus them to organ donation facilities

Democrat Mayor's complaining 2 - 3 bus-loads of illegals out of approx 2 million reportedly flooding into border states in the last year and a half is just plain hilarious.

Funny how the situation is not a crisis until it affects Democrats personally.

:p

CNN is trying to get Texans all upset about how their tax dollars are being spent yet the majority of Texans don’t want the economic burden of being overloaded with illegals. What is being exposed is that neither do NYC or DC after they bragged about being Sanctuary cities.

CNN is trying to get Texans all upset about how their tax dollars are being spent yet the majority of Texans don’t want the economic burden of being overloaded with illegals. What is being exposed is that neither do NYC or DC after they bragged about being Sanctuary cities.

In laymans terms, bingo!

How many elderly people have died in Texas due to the heat, this year???? What is Abbott doing about the electrical grid in Texas?

I see the Uvalde Families demonstrating outside Abbott's house because he's done NOTHING about mass shootings in Texas.

How much money did he spend sending the Texas National Guard to the border? Another expensive boondoggle that cost the taxpayers millions.

Abbott seems to spend a lot of time and Texans' money on "performative politics" and precious little on making life in Texas better. My American friends in Texas say its a real hell-hole.

Let alone the moron wasted millions on the Texas National Guard, defending his state, that couldn't do ANYTHING.

Faced with a humanitarian crisis along the Rio Grande, pressured by conservative rivals and chided by right-wing cable pundits, Gov. Greg Abbott decided last fall to move thousands of troops to the border as quickly as possible. And the Texas Military Department, which oversees the state’s National and State Guard branches, did all it could to comply — with haste.

Never before has Texas — or any other state — involuntarily activated so many troops under state active duty authority for such a long-term mission. Nor has it been done so quickly.

A few days after being told he’d likely sit the deployment out, the NCO was ordered to report within 72 hours, he said. If he didn’t, his commanders told him, the state would issue an arrest warrant.

“I had to cancel $60,000 worth of business contracts,” the NCO, who requested anonymity because he feared retaliation from Guard leaders, said in a text to Army Times and The Texas Tribune. His employees all quit.

After “three weeks of sitting on my ass with zero task or purpose,” he was sent home.

“Instead of solving [pay, lack of equipment, and family or employer hardships], more energy was spent on hiding or covering up problems rather than fixing them,” Featherston argued. “Families [have been] impacted forever.”

Just another RWNJ stunt.

How many elderly people have died in Texas due to the heat, this year????
ZERO, bitch. Nice try.
What is Abbott doing about the electrical grid in Texas?
Hopefully going to 100% fossil fuels. FUCK YOU!!!
I see the Uvalde Families demonstrating outside Abbott's house because he's done NOTHING about mass shootings in Texas.
The assholes who did not protect the children have been FIRED.
How much money did he spend sending the Texas National Guard to the border?
We want reimbursement from FedGov for doing your fucking job. FUCK YOU!!!
Another expensive boondoggle that cost the taxpayers millions.
Like your lord's border policy? FUCK YOU!!!
Abbott seems to spend a lot of time and Texans' money on "performative politics" and precious little on making life in Texas better. My American friends in Texas say its a real hell-hole.
All your friends in Texas are dumb fucks and they need to GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

If anything, Abbott has done TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

And FUCK YOU!!!!

Errr, how do you transition from your first sentence, which is logical, to your second sentence, which is insane and morbid?
Because my 2nd sentence was referring to this insane policy and tongue in cheek

Plus the 2nd sentence followed after the first is always used so you respond

ZERO, bitch. Nice try.

Hopefully going to 100% fossil fuels. FUCK YOU!!!

The assholes who did not protect the children have been FIRED.

We want reimbursement from FedGov for doing your fucking job. FUCK YOU!!!

Like your lord's border policy? FUCK YOU!!!

All your friends in Texas are dumb fucks and they need to GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

If anything, Abbott has done TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

And FUCK YOU!!!!
LOLOL. You really like her deep down inside...lol

As long as people aren’t forced to these locations I have no issues with this. Taxpayers can elect other leaders if they don’t like the expense.

I wouldn’t want to live in the shithole state of Texas if I came from El Salvador. It’s barely an upgrade.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back