Texas Republican Wants Women to Carry Deceased Fetuses to Full Term

"Keep your hands off women and their rights."

Keep your hands off children and THEIR rights.

This thread is not about "children".

How you can tell its not about children is that the RWs are not saying they should starve in the streets.
So it about rose bushes right?
This bull shit about Conservatives wanting children to starve is just another lie the like of this poster spew daily,they have no integrity no moral foundation at all.

I think these leftwing nutters sit around at night, smoking meth and hallucinate about what conservatives are thinking.

Actually, his thread title is the same as the title of the link.

I always wonder why some posters can't tell the difference between a quote from a link and an actual opinion stated by the poster.

So the link jumped off his computer screen and held a gun to his head and forced him to repeat the lie by putting it in his subject line?

What does your post have to do with what I wrote?

Your post is another example of the same willful misunderstanding. You ignored what I wrote in favor of your own agenda.

:rolleyes:

No one is seeking to deny children their rights; unfortunately the same can't be said for women.

If you kill a child, I'd say you've denied he or she her rights.

And these folks that say "hey, I should be able to kill this child. It is of no one else's concern." Are just bonkers. I don't have to personally get raped to have a say in how we as a society respond to it. If your actions victimize another human being - especially one that is too small to speak out for himself/herself, then you're darn right others are going to stand up to speak for that victim.
Wrong.

An embryo/fetus is not a "child," no rights are being "violated," and there is no "victim."

We can define those things legally the way we choose to. Currently our laws support your definitions. I favor laws that support mine. And since there is more scientific evidence to support the concept that a fetus is a unique human being at conception than to support the current legal threshold of viability, I'm hoping we can be successful.
Privacy rights jurisprudence concerns more than just abortion, it safeguards our comprehensive civil rights and places important restrictions on the state; we should ensure this jurisprudence never changes while seeking a way to end abortion that conforms with the Constitution and its case law.

it does, considering a woman's body will automatically reject a dead fetus, i.e. miscarry.

False.

Yes, there are occurrences where it does not happen, but in those cases the woman is usually in pain, bleeding, and in serious medical trouble. So in that case carrying the dead fetus to term would be impossible.

Yes, there are the rare cases of holding a dead fetus in your womb for decades, but we are discussing common occurrences here.

It doesn't change the fact that the title of the article and the thread are lies.

No one is seeking to deny children their rights; unfortunately the same can't be said for women.

If you kill a child, I'd say you've denied he or she her rights.

And these folks that say "hey, I should be able to kill this child. It is of no one else's concern." Are just bonkers. I don't have to personally get raped to have a say in how we as a society respond to it. If your actions victimize another human being - especially one that is too small to speak out for himself/herself, then you're darn right others are going to stand up to speak for that victim.
Wrong.

An embryo/fetus is not a "child," no rights are being "violated," and there is no "victim."

Boy are you full of shit:

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a child in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb".[1]

Unborn Victims of Violence Act - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

But, if a Democrat has said it, THEY would all be going

oh hell yeah. they KNOW what's best for us all

gawd awful stupid on top of sick and morbid

you abortion loving people are warped

Rep. Matt Schaefer (R-Tyler) put forward an amendment that would make it illegal to terminate a pregnancy after 20 weeks, even if a fetus “has a severe and irreversible abnormality,” effectively forcing families with wanted, but unsustainable pregnancies to carry to term at the behest of the state and against the advice of their doctors or their own wishes.

Texas Republican Wants Women to Carry Deceased Fetuses to Full Term Alternet

I believe pro-life hysteria is going over the limit already. There is nothing good about terminating pregnancy when potential parents simply didn't care about contraception. When you want a healthy, capable of living by himself baby but get a fetus “with a severe and irreversible abnormality” you should have a choice. How can you force a woman to keep this baby? You are not going to share her headache, you are not going to support her. Keep your hands off women and their rights.
some stupid feminist site...cant be trusted

this is the garbage you get off left wing hate sites folks

disgusting petty nonsense just to keep their voters all frothing at the mouth

alterworldnet is more like it

Rep. Matt Schaefer (R-Tyler) put forward an amendment that would make it illegal to terminate a pregnancy after 20 weeks, even if a fetus “has a severe and irreversible abnormality,” effectively forcing families with wanted, but unsustainable pregnancies to carry to term at the behest of the state and against the advice of their doctors or their own wishes.

I believe pro-life hysteria is going over the limit already. There is nothing good about terminating pregnancy when potential parents simply didn't care about contraception. When you want a healthy, capable of living by himself baby but get a fetus “with a severe and irreversible abnormality” you should have a choice. How can you force a woman to keep this baby? You are not going to share her headache, you are not going to support her. Keep your hands off women and their rights.

Your title is a lie. The law is stupid, but the fetus isn't dead, it just probably will be quickly after it is born.

Words mean things.
Wow, that really makes a difference.

it does, considering a woman's body will automatically reject a dead fetus, i.e. miscarry.

and when it comes to people who just read the title of the article, it the title is a lie. If you are so confident about the rightness of your position, why lie? Tell the truth.
You said: it does, considering a woman's body will automatically reject a dead fetus, i.e. miscarry.

and when it comes to people who just read the title of the article, it the title is a lie. If you are so confident about the rightness of your position, why lie? Tell the truth.

-----------------------------

Were you lying or ignorant? Which one is it.

An 82-Year-Old Woman Is Carrying A 40-Year-Old Fetus Inside Her Abdomen - BuzzFeed News

36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman - Health News - Health Families - The Independent

Oh, and that's the truth.

These slapdowns could be avoided if right wingers knew how to use Google.

Keep the government out of the womb.
dumb feminist slogan that says nothing of substance

Health Agency Bill Pulled Amid Heated Abortion Debate The Texas Tribune

How about this one? Just admit you are too lazy to check the facts by yourself. Of course it is easier to call everything you don't like feminist propaganda. Feminists is not the only group of people that advocates women rights and opposes quasi-religious pro-life stance.

Why not let individual States decide, just as they do with other related issues? For example, some States consider killing a pregnant woman to to be double homicide; others do not. Why does the federal government/SCOTUS have to decide EVERYTHING?

They don't have. They just want it to be so. It is easier to subjugate states and steal their freedom when you veil your true motives with a rightful cause. The same applies to gay marriage by the way. Some states do not want gay marriages to happen on their lend. Is it really necessary to force them into it?
There is no ultimate rule for everyone.

Your title is a lie. The law is stupid, but the fetus isn't dead, it just probably will be quickly after it is born.

Words mean things.

You said: it does, considering a woman's body will automatically reject a dead fetus, i.e. miscarry.

An 82-Year-Old Woman Is Carrying A 40-Year-Old Fetus Inside Her Abdomen - BuzzFeed News

36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman - Health News - Health Families - The Independent

Yes, there are minor exceptions to the rule. But in 99.99% of the cases, the body spontaneously aborts the miscarrage, or if it doesn't the woman has a serious medical issue.

So if in 99.99% of the cases the woman's body handles it, or the woman could die, how can the law say the woman has to carry a dead fetus?

Why can't they just say the law would force the woman to carry a non-viable fetus? That would be the truth.

No slapdown here, you are just making yourself look like the partisan hack that you are. You can't even simply admit that the titles are wrong.

Well here's a clue for you op. You don't like the bills they are suggesting in texas. don't move there. or just whine and bitch about it

stupid

Words mean things.

Yes, there are minor exceptions to the rule. But in 99.99% of the cases, the body spontaneously aborts the miscarrage, or if it doesn't the woman has a serious medical issue.

So if in 99.99% of the cases the woman's body handles it, or the woman could die, how can the law say the woman has to carry a dead fetus?

Why can't they just say the law would force the woman to carry a non-viable fetus? That would be the truth.

No slapdown here, you are just making yourself look like the partisan hack that you are. You can't even simply admit that the titles are wrong.
I gave you examples. You give imaginary statistics. You don't see the difference?

Words mean things.

I gave you examples. You give imaginary statistics. You don't see the difference?

You gave exceptions to the rule. A question, is the title accurate?

I believe myself to be a moderate on abortion, but I doubt either side would agree. I digress.

I think both extremes of the argument are horrible. My Congressperson stated, "I am pro-abortion without limitation." That mean a healthy baby in the 9 month can be killed. An aborted baby born alive can be killed. However, I find just as horrendous (OK more horrendous) as "no abortion, no exceptions." That means victims of rape and incest, you have to have the baby. Teenagers, you have to have the baby. Major birth defects, sorry you have to have the baby. Mother's life in danger, sorry you have to have the baby.

My view, as I stated was moderate is:
1st trimester: Open abortion, but I do think education should be provided as should alternatives, such as adoption must be presented.

2nd and 3rd Trimester: No abortion, unless:
1. Birth Defects are discovered,
2. Mother's life is in danger, or
3. A rape or incest victim who previously was unable to get to the clinic (held against will).

I do however believe that there should be free abortion clinics throughout every major US city in America. Black women having 8 kids with 8 fathers (1/2 in jail, 1/4 dead and the 1/4 unknown) is a contributing factor to the destruction of the ghetto. I think it has to do with genetics, but a little responsibility might help.
Why do you care so much about abortion? It doesn't concern you unless you knock someone up and want to keep your baby.

Forum List

Back