Is Christians, liberals and conservatives today like Christ in America?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Since I turned 50 yesterday was going back and reading about Mahatma Gandhi

I read a few of books about him, never saw this quote before...

Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians...are nothing like him ~ Mahatma Gandhi

He has a point:

Conservatives:

Think we should always fight a war today

On the Poor: the cons say are just trying to use the system and most cons only give around Christmas to charities

Liberals:

Think abortions are ok

Gays marriage is ok

Have a nanny state, that promotes non being productive, with rewards

I don't know, I think he is right, just a few examples in why both sides don't follow Christianity

Attack at will :)

Far right Christianity in America is nothing like the days of the apostles. Peter and Paul would drive our evangelicals into the wilderness.

Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians...are nothing like him ~ Mahatma Gandhi

He has a point:

Conservatives:

On the Poor: the cons say are just trying to use the system and most cons only give around Christmas to charities

Liberals:

Think abortions are ok

Gays marriage is ok

I don't know, I think he is right, just a few examples in why both sides don't follow Christianity

Hardly anyone follows Christianity. We live in a cruel and mostly heartless world. The evidence makes daily headlines from around the world. In today's world, most people are self-centered and do whatever benefits them the most. Human nature has taken on new characteristics over the past 2,000 years. With advanced civilizations, industrialization, communication technology, and mass population explosion, the times dictate human behavior. We're no longer concerned about being our brothers' keeper, but rather placing ourselves above all else, including family, country, and GOD. Our moral decay is evident in all areas of society, in government, in religion, and in respect for the rights and freedom of others. Man has evolved into an age of excuses, self-justification, irresponsibility, and his own understanding.

Basically, our destruction is self-inflicted, absent of moral conscious and responsibility. Christianity has become a label more than a practice. We proclaim our faith mostly through words and not through deeds and actions. Our religious foundation has cracked, and has opened to a redefining of acceptable behavior. We're usually judged by our actions, but how much is grounded by Christianity, and how much is for appearance sake. Are we more worried and aware of what others think of us, than what we think of ourselves? Are we always honest with ourselves, and speak and act accordingly? Are we Christians, or are we only Christians when it suits the situations at hand?

He has a point:

Conservatives:

Liberals:

Think abortions are ok

Gays marriage is ok

Hardly anyone follows Christianity. We live in a cruel and mostly heartless world. The evidence makes daily headlines from around the world. In today's world, most people are self-centered and do whatever benefits them the most. Human nature has taken on new characteristics over the past 2,000 years. With advanced civilizations, industrialization, communication technology, and mass population explosion, the times dictate human behavior. We're no longer concerned about being our brothers' keeper, but rather placing ourselves above all else, including family, country, and GOD. Our moral decay is evident in all areas of society, in government, in religion, and in respect for the rights and freedom of others. Man has evolved into an age of excuses, self-justification, irresponsibility, and his own understanding.

Basically, our destruction is self-inflicted, absent of moral conscious and responsibility. Christianity has become a label more than a practice. We proclaim our faith mostly through words and not through deeds and actions. Our religious foundation has cracked, and has opened to a redefining of acceptable behavior. We're usually judged by our actions, but how much is grounded by Christianity, and how much is for appearance sake. Are we more worried and aware of what others think of us, than what we think of ourselves? Are we always honest with ourselves, and speak and act accordingly? Are we Christians, or are we only Christians when it suits the situations at hand?

Sonny,
I think the world is full of awesome, generous, caring people. I am overwhelmed by them most every day.

They don't make the news, so to a lot of people they don't exist. This is called mediated reality and it just ain't true. My personal experience has been an amazing string of people reaching out to help when I need it.

He has a point:

Conservatives:

Liberals:

Think abortions are ok

Gays marriage is ok

Sonny,
I think the world is full of awesome, generous, caring people. I am overwhelmed by them most every day.

They don't make the news, so to a lot of people they don't exist. This is called mediated reality and it just ain't true. My personal experience has been an amazing string of people reaching out to help when I need it.
Oh, I totally agree 110%. Yes, we have some very generous and thoughtful people in this world. Yes, we have many that care and are genuinely concerned for others. We see evidence of it every single time there's a natural disaster, events like 9/11, and other situations where people are in need and desperate for help. I see it and hear about it all the time.

Peter and Paul would drive our evangelicals into the wilderness.

Peter and Paul were dumb fucks themselves.

quote-the-very-word-christianity-is-a-misunderstanding-in-truth-there-was-only-one-christian-and-he-friedrich-nietzsche-255968.jpg

Mahatma had some really good quotes don't know how any one can trash his, like this

Attachments

• mahatmagandhi121411-2.jpg
    mahatmagandhi121411-2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 104

He has a point:

Conservatives:

Liberals:

Think abortions are ok

Gays marriage is ok

Sonny,

Oh, I totally agree 110%. Yes, we have some very generous and thoughtful people in this world. Yes, we have many that care and are genuinely concerned for others. We see evidence of it every single time there's a natural disaster, events like 9/11, and other situations where people are in need and desperate for help. I see it and hear about it all the time.

Peter and Paul would drive our evangelicals into the wilderness.

Peter and Paul were dumb fucks themselves.

quote-the-very-word-christianity-is-a-misunderstanding-in-truth-there-was-only-one-christian-and-he-friedrich-nietzsche-255968.jpg
That's a ignorant post and quote, how was Jesus a Christian? Do you or the fucking moron who made this meme know what the Word Christian means?

Fucking pathetic

Christian = followers of Christ, Jesus was not a fucking Christian

Last edited:
But what ever I think he hit the nail Dead on in that quote

He has a point:

Conservatives:

Liberals:

Think abortions are ok

Gays marriage is ok

Were you drunk when you typed this?

Christianity is to religion what democracy is to government: Less worse than all the others.

That's a ignorant post and quote, how was Jesus a Christian? Do you or know the fucking moron who made this meme know what the words Christian means?

Fucking pathetic

It's not an ignorant quote at all. Do YOU know anything about Nietzsche? Do you know his work, it's meaning? Do you even understand the quote?

Nietzsche was the son of a minister and was on the road to becoming a minister himself when he eventually became disillusioned with Christianity. He understood more about Christianity than most people ever will, and was well ahead of his time on the matter. So there is nothing ignorant about what he said on the matter.

Nietzsche's views on Christianity were that what was "Christian" was not Christ-like; that is to say, it did not reflect the teachings of Jesus (whom Nietzsche was loath to deify as a "christ"). He found a starkly different voice in the Gospels and the rest of the bible, as well as the history of the church as it unfolded. The above quote is from what would prove to be Nietzsche's final book (except for his auto-biography), Der Antichrist. The English translation that has become popular is "The Anti-Christ." But the title of the book actually translates as "The Anti-Christian." In FN's mind, Jesus had been a good figure, albeit incorrect in his philosophies. However, the Christianity that would emerge in his worship was not a creation of good. It was long diseased and corrupt, from it's very inception. The significance of FN's quote is twofold; it dismisses the institution of Christianity as being unworthy of Jesus (and attributable to the failings of Paul), and it directs focus and attention onto the man Jesus himself as Nietzsche spends the book redressing his disagreements with Jesus philosophically. Or, as Nietzsche was apt to put it, Dionysus vs the Crucified.

Forum List

Back