CDZ Texas Open-Carry Laws Blurred Lines Between Suspects and Marchers

Why are libs armed? Thought they wanted gun control?
Think about that. Libs are gun owners. They want control, not Australia.

Dear you have called for the banning of all semi automatic weapons, that is not gun control.

Why won't you focus on controlling the people who get guns rather than what guns are available to get? I've pointed this out to you several times now. I own several fully automatic weapons, I will murder less people with those fully automatic weapons than others will kill with a .38 revolver. Yes your proposed solution is to take away my semi and fully automatic weapons rather than taking away that other person's .38 revolver. It's nonsensical.

I also have wondered if the actual shooter would have found it so easy to infiltrate the scene with his rifle and bullet proof vest if so many others had not been wearing them as a matter of course.

I have at times wondered whether bullet proof vests do more to deter or abate gun violence than do guns.
Mmmmmm. Why would that be? "Guess I won't shoot at him since he's got a vest?" I'd kind of prefer not to have to wear one to the grocery store--hear they're heavy.
Did you hear the Dallas shooter was using armor piercing ammunition? It was going straight through the cops' gear.

I also have wondered if the actual shooter would have found it so easy to infiltrate the scene with his rifle and bullet proof vest if so many others had not been wearing them as a matter of course.

I have at times wondered whether bullet proof vests do more to deter or abate gun violence than do guns.
Mmmmmm. Why would that be? "Guess I won't shoot at him since he's got a vest?" I'd kind of prefer not to have to wear one to the grocery store--hear they're heavy.
Did you hear the Dallas shooter was using armor piercing ammunition? It was going straight through the cops' gear.

He used steel core ammo, which absolutely will penetrate all but military grade armor. But technically speaking that is not armor piercing.

And if it were me and I was open carrying I would have immediately laid my weapon on the ground.

Say what? Why carry the weapon at all if you were going to give it up so readily? Those gun carriers, they weren't posers were they?

No..they were responsible gun owners...they knew the cops were there so they let the paid professionals handle it.....you guys were wrong....they did not act like Rambo, they did not get shot by police.....

You know nothing about guns in this country....

True, but are you at least willing to concede that open carrying long weapons inside city limits is stupid given today's climate where you can't just look at a person carrying around an AR15 and know whether they have evil plans or not?

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

I'm not talking about this particular case, just carrying around long guns in general.

I think carrying long guns in public for no reason is rude behavior.....and it doesn't help the cause....Pistols are a different story.......limited open carry of pistols is a good thing because it shows the uninformed that normal gun owners are not the problem......

No....the cops had soft vests on....they aren't meant to stop rifle rounds.......I have a friend who is a cop and he posted about this meme that is going around with the anti gunners......

And if it were me and I was open carrying I would have immediately laid my weapon on the ground.

Say what? Why carry the weapon at all if you were going to give it up so readily? Those gun carriers, they weren't posers were they?

No..they were responsible gun owners...they knew the cops were there so they let the paid professionals handle it.....you guys were wrong....they did not act like Rambo, they did not get shot by police.....

True, but are you at least willing to concede that open carrying long weapons inside city limits is stupid given today's climate where you can't just look at a person carrying around an AR15 and know whether they have evil plans or not?

I'm not talking about this particular case, just carrying around long guns in general.

I think carrying long guns in public for no reason is rude behavior.....and it doesn't help the cause....Pistols are a different story.......limited open carry of pistols is a good thing because it shows the uninformed that normal gun owners are not the problem......

I'm glad you at least agree with that about carrying long guns.

I don't particularly care if people open carry hand guns, I think it's dumb to advertise that you are armed, but certainly can also see the deterrent it would possibly pose to those who have bad intentions, and also don't see hand guns as having the same psychological affect as long guns. I mean you see a guy carrying an AR15 down the street it at minimum shocks you, a hand gun not so much.

I do however think that if you are open carrying you immediately open yourself up to scrutiny by the police and have no recourse if stopped and questioned by them, the police of course need to investigate any and all who are carrying guns. if you don't want to be investigated, don't carry a gun.

No....the cops had soft vests on....they aren't meant to stop rifle rounds.......I have a friend who is a cop and he posted about this meme that is going around with the anti gunners......

Correct, ANY rifle round is likely to penetrate the vests wore by police. Those vests are mainly designed to stop slower moving pistol rounds.

It's usually a show of defiance, which wouldn't be needed if local government's didn't keep trying to suppress concealed carry, or like in NYC even keeping a handgun in your own house.

That's sort of my point.

Take the blacks who keep fighting with police and getting shot for their troubles. In THEIR minds they are merely showing defiance in protest of blacks who are being shot by police. So you see, it's all a matter of perspective. An honest person would objectively look at BOTH situations and say "people need to stop with the stupid defiance" our system has procedures in place to air your grievances without such tactics.

If government would stop with their stupid oppression, there wouldn't be a need for "stupid" defiance.

I don't particularly care if people open carry hand guns, I think it's dumb to advertise that you are armed, but certainly can also see the deterrent it would possibly pose to those who have bad intentions, and also don't see hand guns as having the same psychological affect as long guns. I mean you see a guy carrying an AR15 down the street it at minimum shocks you, a hand gun not so much.

I do however think that if you are open carrying you immediately open yourself up to scrutiny by the police and have no recourse if stopped and questioned by them, the police of course need to investigate any and all who are carrying guns. if you don't want to be investigated, don't carry a gun.

Dangerous logic, similar to "if you don't want to be pulled over, don't drive around."

If a State allows open carry, then the police and people need to adjust to that reality.

This would be moot if most places didn't make concealed carry a pain in the ass to do legally. And we won't even get into "may issue" states.

I agree.......we have to understand that if the police see you with a weapon you should expect them to be suspicious...we pay them to be suspicious....and if it were me.....I would happily show them my permit.....or in states without permits, let them run my name for convictions.......they have a job to do and as long as I am not threatening anyone, if they are polite about it there is no problem.....that is being a responsible gun owner. We have to start respecting the job cops do.....

It's usually a show of defiance, which wouldn't be needed if local government's didn't keep trying to suppress concealed carry, or like in NYC even keeping a handgun in your own house.

That's sort of my point.

Take the blacks who keep fighting with police and getting shot for their troubles. In THEIR minds they are merely showing defiance in protest of blacks who are being shot by police. So you see, it's all a matter of perspective. An honest person would objectively look at BOTH situations and say "people need to stop with the stupid defiance" our system has procedures in place to air your grievances without such tactics.

If government would stop with their stupid oppression, there wouldn't be a need for "stupid" defiance.

Dangerous logic, similar to "if you don't want to be pulled over, don't drive around."

If a State allows open carry, then the police and people need to adjust to that reality.

This would be moot if most places didn't make concealed carry a pain in the ass to do legally. And we won't even get into "may issue" states.

I would prefer they question and follow their gut.....I wouldn't mind.........they need to be polite, I need to be respectful.....if they see me with a weapon.....let them ask...their lives may be in the balance too......

As supporters of the Right to Bear arms we need allies in the law enforcement community......we need to have them see us as good guys, not as morons.......

"Dude, your credibility is sinking faster than a lead fishing weight."
That's a good thing! When my credibility gets as low as your IQ, I'll be incredible,
LOL. Do you even listen to yourself? If my IQ is as low as you accuse, your credibility is as low. Thanks for the Freudian Slip.
You have no idea about parapraxis. That much is obvious from your response; I am, however, happy to give you a Freudian slip since you already possess the matching bra and panties. Poor little fellow...

You have no idea about parapraxis. That much is obvious from your response; I am, however, happy to give you a Freudian slip since you already possess the matching bra and panties. Poor little fellow...
Nice try. You obviously don't know the first rule of holes.

I agree.......we have to understand that if the police see you with a weapon you should expect them to be suspicious...we pay them to be suspicious....and if it were me.....I would happily show them my permit.....or in states without permits, let them run my name for convictions.......they have a job to do and as long as I am not threatening anyone, if they are polite about it there is no problem.....that is being a responsible gun owner. We have to start respecting the job cops do.....

Exactly, gun owners have the same responsibility as any other group when it comes to not making the job harder on police. Guys like M14 just don't get that. " I have a right" doesn't mean shit when people are getting shot left and right. You have a right to be a Muslim who preaches hatred too, that merely means the government can't violate that right, it doesn't mean they can't investigate you for exercising that right given the number of people who misuse that right.

That's sort of my point.

I would prefer they question and follow their gut.....I wouldn't mind.........they need to be polite, I need to be respectful.....if they see me with a weapon.....let them ask...their lives may be in the balance too......

As supporters of the Right to Bear arms we need allies in the law enforcement community......we need to have them see us as good guys, not as morons.......

The problem usually isn't rank and file police officers when it comes to RKBA, its usually the higher ups.

I live in a city where the police get to decide arbitrarily who can be armed, and who can't be. It's hard to respect an organization that does that, not impossible, just hard.

Okay. I heard it on Fox or CNN that he was using armor piercing bullets that were going through the cops' vests. F&B says that's not true. Now I hear their bullet proof vests aren't meant to be bullet proof. Fine. WHATEVER you guys say.

"Dude, your credibility is sinking faster than a lead fishing weight."
That's a good thing! When my credibility gets as low as your IQ, I'll be incredible,
LOL. Do you even listen to yourself? If my IQ is as low as you accuse, your credibility is as low. Thanks for the Freudian Slip.
You opened this in CDZ. You two ought to put on your church going manners.

Fortunately, everyone kept their wits about them and none of the armed marchers were shot by mistake. I also have wondered if the actual shooter would have found it so easy to infiltrate the scene with his rifle and bullet proof vest if so many others had not been wearing them as a matter of course.
We have open carry here, too, but I have never seen anyone carry a rifle to a public gathering of any sort. Texas seems to have a lot of cowboys left.

Wasn't he shooting from a parking garage?
He could easily of drove into the parking lot and never hit the street. Or he could have pulled two pins and placed the rifle and body armor in a bag.
I was just wondering. Several of you have informed me that he did not mingle with the crowd, and I'll take your word for it.

Dear you have called for the banning of all semi automatic weapons, that is not gun control.

Why won't you focus on controlling the people who get guns rather than what guns are available to get? I've pointed this out to you several times now. I own several fully automatic weapons, I will murder less people with those fully automatic weapons than others will kill with a .38 revolver. Yes your proposed solution is to take away my semi and fully automatic weapons rather than taking away that other person's .38 revolver. It's nonsensical.

Sure it's gun control, sweetie.

Sure it's gun control, sweetie.

No , it's banning of guns, and will NEVER happen. Even if Hillary got elected and was able to fully choose a complete Supreme Court, no law banning ALL semi automatic weapons would either be introduced, nor declared Constitutional if passed.

Your wishes are delusional, and you really don't offer any more help to the issue than a guy like M14 who takes the opposite stance that there should be ZERO gun laws.

As with almost every topic, the people , like me, in the middle, need to stand up and tell the fringes like you and M14 to just shut up and let us do something that actually fixes problems.

Forum List

Back