Texas man get's fired for religious beliefs AKA the Leftwingnut Strawman Thread

You know, a couple of years back there was a bunch of Muslim cabdrivers in NYC who refused to transport people who had alcohol in their luggage because of THEIR religious beliefs, and they tried to claim freedom of religion.

They lost their suit.

This? Pretty much the same thing in my eyes. Did the driver KNOW that she was going there for an abortion, or could it possibly been a checkup to see how the baby is doing because she's on WIC?

Planned Parenthood helps out with a lot more than just abortions. There is also STD counseling, pregnancy prevention training, free condoms are provided, etc.

How did this driver know for a FACT without talking to her that she was getting an abortion?

Fucker needs to be fired, he's enforcing HIS beliefs on others without bothering to investigate first.

Kinda like what Breitbart does come to think of it.........

It was Minneapolis and they lost because their own religious leaders testified there is no religious requirement to NOT transport someone that may or may not have alcohol with them. In other words, because their complaint had nothing to do with their religion. But at least you are trying.

Is there a religious requirement that a woman cannot be transported who may or may not be planning on having an abortion?

For some Christians abortion is murder. Is murder against any religion? If one aids and abets that murder, one is guilty of committing that murder in the eyes of God. So yes, but it will be up to a court to decide if that applies or not.

There's an important religious discrimination lawsuit that we have just filed in U.S. District Court in Austin, Texas. We have filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of our client Edwin A. Graning, who was employed as a bus driver for the Capital Area Rural Transportation System (CARTS).
This past January, Graning was assigned to pick up a client early in the morning and transport her to Planned Parenthood in Austin. Graning, an ordained Christian minister, was concerned that he might be transporting the client to undergo an abortion at the Planned Parenthood clinic. So before picking up the client, he called his supervisor and told her that, based on his religious beliefs, he could not take someone to have an abortion.

The man was discriminated against because of his beliefs, he did the right thing by calling his supervisor, but she instead chose to fire him instead of sending another driver

CARTS violated Title VII, a federal law that prevents religious discrimination.

The ACLJ does a lot of good work a group based in Atlanta Georgia
They fight for the rights of Christians

The complaint is at the link
http://www.aclj.org/media/pdf/Graning-DCT-FILED-Doc-1-Complaint-20100714.pdf

He was fired for not performing his duty, he has no right to the health information of this woman.

He does not have the right to refuse someone tranportation to a health clinic.

PP is NOT a "health clinic", it is slaughter house, and the man stated his reasons for not transporting her, and asked another driver be sent

It was Minneapolis and they lost because their own religious leaders testified there is no religious requirement to NOT transport someone that may or may not have alcohol with them. In other words, because their complaint had nothing to do with their religion. But at least you are trying.

Is there a religious requirement that a woman cannot be transported who may or may not be planning on having an abortion?

For some Christians abortion is murder. Is murder against any religion? If one aids and abets that murder, one is guilty of committing that murder in the eyes of God. So yes, but it will be up to a court to decide if that applies or not.

That's a bit of a stretch.

This man doesn't have a leg to stand on ~

it is None Of His Business WHY a passenger is going wherever they're going.

If he has such a problem with this, he should never have taken that job.

As Christians, we are to be a Light to the world, but we certainly are NOT instructed to invade others privacy, NOR to try to force them to do what we believe to be "right."

Seems to me we would have learned THAT lesson over that little Crusades incident...

Last edited:
Did anyone stop to consider that the driver was in a very real sense enforcing HIS beliefs on the girl?

No, since he ask to be REPLACED. He did not attempt to prevent her from going at all, in fact he had no contact with her at all from what I can tell.

Then how the fuck did he know what she was going there for?

You DO realize that they provide a lot more than just abortions, right?

Sexual Health Topics - Planned Parenthood

Take a look at what else they offer. Like I said, if he didn't talk to her, how could he possibly know it was for an abortion?

Could have been health counseling, body image counseling, etc.

Try again you Retarded Grungy Shithead.

I disagree. The act of KNOWINGLY transporting her to the clinic with the assumption she was going to get an abortion is all it takes. However, he did not KNOW she was going for an abortion, which may well lose him the case.

Did anyone stop to consider that the driver was in a very real sense enforcing HIS beliefs on the girl?

No, since he ask to be REPLACED. He did not attempt to prevent her from going at all, in fact he had no contact with her at all from what I can tell.

Take a look at what else they offer. Like I said, if he didn't talk to her, how could he possibly know it was for an abortion?

TRY ACTUALLY READING the OP. His Supervisor told him he was taking her there. He assumed he could be for an abortion. All explained in the OP. But then no one ever expects Sailors to actually know how to read and then comprehend what they read. By the way, so far I have been civil to you. Keep it up and I will stop.

As I am a Jehovah's witness, I cannot transport that cancer patient to the hospital, because they might be in need of a blood transfusion and it would be against my conscience.

See Hjmick's post for what I think. What if he was told from then on that his daily route would involve dropping people off at PP daily? And he refused? Should his employer continue to pay for a employee who refuses to do his job?

What if this driver was black & the cab company was only licensed to pick-up people in a all white prejudice neighborhood. Daily passengers refused to ride with the black driver. The owner kept losing money because of this, had daily aggravating phone calls & had to send other drivers long distances to cater to the most prejudice passengers.

Should the owner fire the black driver because customers hate him. Should the driver be promoted to a management job for which he is not qualified to get him off the street & prevent firing him in order to avoid a discrimination lawsuit. Or should the black driver be paid to stay home or sweep the floor & empty trash.

How so? I do not wish to be party to an abortion in any way. I would have done the same as that man

As a Mormon, I cannot transport this person to school since they might be learning evolutionary theory in science class and I'm a staunch creationist.

How so? I do not wish to be party to an abortion in any way. I would have done the same as that man

And you would have been fired. But I'm sure you'll find another job where you won't be party to an abortion.

But what if the woman was an illegal ready to drop an anchor baby?

What this driver should have done would be to say that he cannot drop the rider off at PP, but he could drop her off a block away.

TRY ACTUALLY READING the OP. His Supervisor told him he was taking her there. He assumed he could be for an abortion. All explained in the OP. But then no one ever expects Sailors to actually know how to read and then comprehend what they read. By the way, so far I have been civil to you. Keep it up and I will stop.

Again.......he never talked to her so he didn't know.

He should have been fired.

StrawMenEPA_650x434.jpg

Forum List

Back