More Police Brutality: Cops Beat Man After He Finds His Son Dead

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by dvinman, Jul 21, 2010.

1. dvinman

dvinman VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    LOGANVILLE, Ga. - A man says he called Loganville police to his home for help and ended up being beaten by officers. Kenny Dixon said Friday that he arrived home Wednesday to find that his son had committed suicide.

Crews responded to the emergency, but Dixon said police made one of his family's darkest days even worse by attacking, then arresting him.

Dixon had black eyes and scrapes on his face Friday, injuries he said he received in addition to his broken heart.

The Loganville man said found his stepson Wednesday, dead inside his garage. The 24-year-old had committed suicide.

"I tried to do CPR on him and couldn't bring him back. I yelled for people in the neighborhood to call 911," said Dixon.

When police and emergency crews arrived, Dixon said paramedics took over the rescue effort.

"I left the garage, walked to the front door. One of the police officers came up behind me, grabbed my arm, and said, 'You need to sit down.' I jerked my arm away from him and said, 'Don't touch me.' That's all I said to the man, and he tackled me," Dixon said.

Dixon said other officers then joined in and two allegedly held him down, while two others punched him in the face.

"I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on over there," said neighbor, Lisa Neighbors.

Neighbors said she woke up to screaming and looked outside.

"They were just waling on him, punching him and punching him. It was awful," Neighbors said.

"I never once resisted them, I didn't swing at them, I didn't cuss them, I didn't do anything to deserve what they did to me!" exclaimed Dixon.

Dixon said officers put him in a police car and took him to jail. The Loganville man was charged with felony obstruction.

Loganville police leaders called the incident a "regrettable situation." The chief of police said he called in the GBI to investigate and that his agency had nothing to hide.

Dixon filed a complaint and he and his neighbors said they were disgusted and want some answers.

"How could Loganville do that? How could they beat up on somebody that just came home and found their son hung?" said Neighbors.

Loganville police leaders said the four officers involved were still working. It's not clear how long the GBI investigation will take.
    Loganville Man Alleges Police Brutality

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    This countrys police have gone insane.

3. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    So, no evidence beyond the guy's word, no statements from the police about what happened; but a coupe of dishonest buffoons are ready to call it police brutality, murder the LEO involved and call it a day without waiting for an i investigation?

How American of you.

4. CaféAuLait

CaféAuLait This Space for Rent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,323
    Sounded just a tad fishy to me that they attacked him for no reason,so I looked it up.

GBI to probe LPD after beating claim

The Walton Tribune

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  5. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    SO in other words, some people used an edited version of events to fit their agenda? :eusa_whistle:

6. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Or maybe the cops are lying, that does happen you know. You are just siding with them because of your bias.

Me, on the other hand, I have no idea what happened.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897

Sure QW, where did I side with the LEO? Oh I didn't, that's right.

8. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,708
    It is possible that this fellow, Dixon, is one of those who tend to become emotional and overly demonstrative both verbally and in his body language. I'm not defending those police who tend to be unnecessarily forceful but I have witnessed numerous examples of belligerence and hyper-emotional conduct which provoked responses later referred to as "police brutality" but which occurred well within procedural guidelines.

The prisons are full of individuals who probably wouldn't be there if they had only kept their mouths shut and remained passive when confronted by police. The police are not always right and sometimes are dead wrong, but they do have a significant advantage in a confrontation and it is simply stupid to not acknowledge that fact and behave accordingly.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    I think LEO should be required to be on camera at all times and have complete authority to beat the shit out of anyone who lays a hand on them first.

Simple, LEO beats man, IA looks at tape , if man touched cop first, LEO is exonerated, no matter how badly the man was beaten , and man is charged with every crime possible. If man , or woman, didn't touch LEO first, LEO is charged with every crime possible.

This feeling that people have that it is acceptable to lay hands on LEO if you don't like what they are doing and then scream like a bitch when you get tazed or beaten has got to stop.

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,920
    They skipped the part where they gave him two black guys, oops, I mean two black eyes.