More Police Brutality: Cops Beat Man After He Finds His Son Dead

dvinman

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
LOGANVILLE, Ga. - A man says he called Loganville police to his home for help and ended up being beaten by officers. Kenny Dixon said Friday that he arrived home Wednesday to find that his son had committed suicide.

Crews responded to the emergency, but Dixon said police made one of his family's darkest days even worse by attacking, then arresting him.

Dixon had black eyes and scrapes on his face Friday, injuries he said he received in addition to his broken heart.

The Loganville man said found his stepson Wednesday, dead inside his garage. The 24-year-old had committed suicide.

"I tried to do CPR on him and couldn't bring him back. I yelled for people in the neighborhood to call 911," said Dixon.

When police and emergency crews arrived, Dixon said paramedics took over the rescue effort.

"I left the garage, walked to the front door. One of the police officers came up behind me, grabbed my arm, and said, 'You need to sit down.' I jerked my arm away from him and said, 'Don't touch me.' That's all I said to the man, and he tackled me," Dixon said.

Dixon said other officers then joined in and two allegedly held him down, while two others punched him in the face.

"I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on over there," said neighbor, Lisa Neighbors.

Neighbors said she woke up to screaming and looked outside.

"They were just waling on him, punching him and punching him. It was awful," Neighbors said.

"I never once resisted them, I didn't swing at them, I didn't cuss them, I didn't do anything to deserve what they did to me!" exclaimed Dixon.

Dixon said officers put him in a police car and took him to jail. The Loganville man was charged with felony obstruction.

Loganville police leaders called the incident a "regrettable situation." The chief of police said he called in the GBI to investigate and that his agency had nothing to hide.

Dixon filed a complaint and he and his neighbors said they were disgusted and want some answers.

"How could Loganville do that? How could they beat up on somebody that just came home and found their son hung?" said Neighbors.

Loganville police leaders said the four officers involved were still working. It's not clear how long the GBI investigation will take.
Loganville Man Alleges Police Brutality

So, no evidence beyond the guy's word, no statements from the police about what happened; but a coupe of dishonest buffoons are ready to call it police brutality, murder the LEO involved and call it a day without waiting for an i investigation?

How American of you.

Sounded just a tad fishy to me that they attacked him for no reason,so I looked it up.

A copy of the incident report obtained under the Open Records Act gives a different account of the events than were given to television media by Dixon after he filed the complaint. According to Dixon, he was accosted by officers when he left the garage and walked up to his front door. He reportedly said an officer grabbed him by the arm and when he jerked his arm away, he was tackled, first by that officer who was then joined by three others. He alleged two officers held him down while two others punched him in the face.

In the incident report, the officers allege the altercation took place because Dixon was interfering with attempts by emergency personnel to resuscitate the victim. Massey reported he requested Dixon step out of the garage and supply information for the police report, but Dixon refused, complaining the EMTs weren’t doing enough. He reported Lowry first became involved when he stepped between Dixon and the body of the victim in an attempt to keep him back from the EMTs who were still attempting CPR. Massey reported he pleaded with Dixon to stay out of the way of the medical personnel and to rather help police assess what had happened.

“Mr. Dixon became physical, jerking away from us and yelling ‘Leave me alone,’” Massey reported. Dixon “swung at Lt. Showalter with a closed fist.”

The report alleges it was after several attempts to prevent Dixon from returning to the victim or entering the house, which by that time was a crime scene, that the altercation became physical with all four officers getting involved in attempts to restrain and handcuff Dixon.

According to the report, Massey also sustained minor scratches to his legs and knees and pulled tendons in his right index finger and Showalter sustained scratches and cuts to his left elbow. Dixon is reported to have sustained “minor scratches to the arms and face during his attempts to fight the police.”

GBI to probe LPD after beating claim

The Walton Tribune

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;2533448 said:
Sounded just a tad fishy to me that they attacked him for no reason,so I looked it up.

A copy of the incident report obtained under the Open Records Act gives a different account of the events than were given to television media by Dixon after he filed the complaint. According to Dixon, he was accosted by officers when he left the garage and walked up to his front door. He reportedly said an officer grabbed him by the arm and when he jerked his arm away, he was tackled, first by that officer who was then joined by three others. He alleged two officers held him down while two others punched him in the face.

In the incident report, the officers allege the altercation took place because Dixon was interfering with attempts by emergency personnel to resuscitate the victim. Massey reported he requested Dixon step out of the garage and supply information for the police report, but Dixon refused, complaining the EMTs weren’t doing enough. He reported Lowry first became involved when he stepped between Dixon and the body of the victim in an attempt to keep him back from the EMTs who were still attempting CPR. Massey reported he pleaded with Dixon to stay out of the way of the medical personnel and to rather help police assess what had happened.

“Mr. Dixon became physical, jerking away from us and yelling ‘Leave me alone,’” Massey reported. Dixon “swung at Lt. Showalter with a closed fist.”

The report alleges it was after several attempts to prevent Dixon from returning to the victim or entering the house, which by that time was a crime scene, that the altercation became physical with all four officers getting involved in attempts to restrain and handcuff Dixon.

According to the report, Massey also sustained minor scratches to his legs and knees and pulled tendons in his right index finger and Showalter sustained scratches and cuts to his left elbow. Dixon is reported to have sustained “minor scratches to the arms and face during his attempts to fight the police.”

The Walton Tribune

SO in other words, some people used an edited version of events to fit their agenda? :eusa_whistle:

CaféAuLait;2533448 said:

The Walton Tribune

SO in other words, some people used an edited version of events to fit their agenda? :eusa_whistle:

Or maybe the cops are lying, that does happen you know. You are just siding with them because of your bias.

Me, on the other hand, I have no idea what happened.

CaféAuLait;2533448 said:

The Walton Tribune

Or maybe the cops are lying, that does happen you know. You are just siding with them because of your bias.

Me, on the other hand, I have no idea what happened.

Sure QW, where did I side with the LEO? Oh I didn't, that's right.

It is possible that this fellow, Dixon, is one of those who tend to become emotional and overly demonstrative both verbally and in his body language. I'm not defending those police who tend to be unnecessarily forceful but I have witnessed numerous examples of belligerence and hyper-emotional conduct which provoked responses later referred to as "police brutality" but which occurred well within procedural guidelines.

The prisons are full of individuals who probably wouldn't be there if they had only kept their mouths shut and remained passive when confronted by police. The police are not always right and sometimes are dead wrong, but they do have a significant advantage in a confrontation and it is simply stupid to not acknowledge that fact and behave accordingly.

It is possible that this fellow, Dixon, is one of those who tend to become emotional and overly demonstrative both verbally and in his body language. I'm not defending those police who tend to be unnecessarily forceful but I have witnessed numerous examples of belligerence and hyper-emotional conduct which provoked responses later referred to as "police brutality" but which occurred well within procedural guidelines.

The prisons are full of individuals who probably wouldn't be there if they had only kept their mouths shut and remained passive when confronted by police. The police are not always right and sometimes are dead wrong, but they do have a significant advantage in a confrontation and it is simply stupid to not acknowledge that fact and behave accordingly.

I think LEO should be required to be on camera at all times and have complete authority to beat the shit out of anyone who lays a hand on them first.

Simple, LEO beats man, IA looks at tape , if man touched cop first, LEO is exonerated, no matter how badly the man was beaten , and man is charged with every crime possible. If man , or woman, didn't touch LEO first, LEO is charged with every crime possible.

This feeling that people have that it is acceptable to lay hands on LEO if you don't like what they are doing and then scream like a bitch when you get tazed or beaten has got to stop.

CaféAuLait;2533448 said:

The Walton Tribune

They skipped the part where they gave him two black guys, oops, I mean two black eyes.

CaféAuLait;2533448 said:

The Walton Tribune

They skipped the part where they gave him two black guys, oops, I mean two black eyes.

Good, I would have given a fat(ter) lip to, and tazed him for good measure.

I once put a link up to a federal law that said if someone in a household was receiving food stamps and it's discovered that a resident of that household is here illegally, the entire household will lose the food stamps and the government employee is obligated to report them.
The same link also said they could not received welfare and if they lived in a house with an illegal, if discovered, they would lose the welfare and the government employee was obligated to report the illegal.

I'm not going to go look for it again. I only searched because those on the right kept saying illegals get food stamps and welfare and it sounded to stupid to be true. Turns out it was.

They're so predictable.

I once put a link up to a federal law that said if someone in a household was receiving food stamps and it's discovered that a resident of that household is here illegally, the entire household will lose the food stamps and the government employee is obligated to report them.
The same link also said they could not received welfare and if they lived in a house with an illegal, if discovered, they would lose the welfare and the government employee was obligated to report the illegal.

I'm not going to go look for it again. I only searched because those on the right kept saying illegals get food stamps and welfare and it sounded to stupid to be true. Turns out it was.

They're so predictable.

what does THAT have to do with this thread?

but to answer your ridiculous statement. MANY MANY MANY illegals are in fact collecting welfare. And here is how. Anchor babies and or fake social security numbers. SIMPLE as that. But no , no one can go in and say "hey I'm here illegally give me some food stamps"

CaféAuLait;2533448 said:

The Walton Tribune

Of course, no police have ever lied to cover their own asses, either...

CaféAuLait;2533448 said:

The Walton Tribune

Of course, no police have ever lied to cover their own asses, either...

No doubt they have, which is why I made no comment on their guilt or innocence, despite QW's assertion that I did.

Seriously , how many stories like this have to come out before we realize we need to get ALL the facts before we proclaim guilt or innocence?

Time and time again, police officers escalate an otherwise benign situation into a riot where, if they had remained calm themselves, nothing would ever have gotten out of hand. It isn't always necessary to lay hands on a citizen. Sometimes, merely talking to him/her will do the job. When a cop lays hands on a citizen, all too often, the citizen reacts. Game over.

I have seen this happen two or three times, always in a courtroom setting. I never once came away from one of those thinking anything except, if the cop had not lost his cool, it never would have developed into the knock down, drag out that it did.

Time and time again, police officers escalate an otherwise benign situation into a riot where, if they had remained calm themselves, nothing would ever have gotten out of hand. It isn't always necessary to lay hands on a citizen. Sometimes, merely talking to him/her will do the job. When a cop lays hands on a citizen, all too often, the citizen reacts. Game over.

I have seen this happen two or three times, always in a courtroom setting. I never once came away from one of those thinking anything except, if the cop had not lost his cool, it never would have developed into the knock down, drag out that it did

Of course you haven't because you are a dishonest person.

You should be ashamed of yourself, You know damned well that LEO aren't going around abusing people at every turn.

I'm ashamed that I had ever considered you a friend.

Or maybe the cops are lying, that does happen you know.

Quite often - especially in cases where the suspect gets roughed up. And there always seems to be a resisting arrest charge thrown in whenever this happens. GYA move on the part of the prosecutor designed to protect the police.

That or disorderly conduct.

You would think that professionals would cut a guy that just found his sone dead a little slack instead of beating the crap out of him when he got a little testy with them, but not all LEOs are actually professionals.

I have seen this happen two or three times, always in a courtroom setting. I never once came away from one of those thinking anything except, if the cop had not lost his cool, it never would have developed into the knock down, drag out that it did.
Yep. Cops are assholes on a power trip Every single one of them that I have ever met.That's a bunch ! I once owned a gun shop.
The only good cops I ever knew QUIT because they realized their mission, in 90% of the situations, was to do financial harm to their victims.Pigs are nothing more than revenue collectors for the scumbags the run the various governments.
IDIT.
My grandfather was a cop and one of the biggest assholes on the planet.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back