Will you take the test on Leviticus?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes sir.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
He told me the other day that he is agnostic

The word agnostic is repugnant to me.

and doesnt believe in man made religions...

I am not sure what you mean exactly. I think Christianity is extremely useful.

but he still feels fit to teach them to 6th graders.

I am more qualified than the person who will take this job if I leave.

if the money is right
lol $12,500 per year.
Youre not sure what it means when I can quote you verbatim saying it?

Really weird!

he WORKS to trivialize the bible.

I am pretty sure that I have stated multiple times that the Bible is the most powerful piece of literature ever compiled. It is the most influential book ever written. The Bible is the most accurate representation of human nature. There isn't even a second place comparison.

If you pay attention to this thread in particular you will see that the Christians are the one showing disdain for the Bible. This includes you. You act like reading from Leviticus is blasphemy. That is odd but a normal response. I think I get it though.

I love the Bible more than any person that I have ever met. You can't convince me that I hate it or have any disrespect for the Bible. I don't. You wish I did. It is an amazing book.

if the money is right
lol $12,500 per year.

Really weird!

I never called myself an agnostic.

he WORKS to trivialize the bible.

I am pretty sure that I have stated multiple times that the Bible is the most powerful piece of literature ever compiled. It is the most influential book ever written. The Bible is the most accurate representation of human nature. There isn't even a second place comparison.

If you pay attention to this thread in particular you will see that the Christians are the one showing disdain for the Bible. This includes you. You act like reading from Leviticus is blasphemy. That is odd but a normal response. I think I get it though.

I love the Bible more than any person that I have ever met. You can't convince me that I hate it or have any disrespect for the Bible. I don't. You wish I did. It is an amazing book.
You also dont think it answers the origins question, which puts you at odds with its intent and makes you especially kooky.

if the money is right
lol $12,500 per year.

Really weird!

You said youre happy to be in the category "I dont know" as it pertains to origins, and the colloquial way, i.e. abbreviated way to say that, is agnostic.

You can deteste a word all youd like, its no matter. Words have no rules, only usages.

edit, heres your exact quote:

"Non existence elements magically mixed and made living matter seems unlikely. A magical timeless being breathed on some dirt and made life seems equally unlikely. There is an equal amount of negative energy as there is positive thus nothing exist. Thus the things we experience are just different combinations of negative and positive energy seems equally unlikely. It all sounds ridiculous to me. I have no interest in making myself vulnerable by spewing one of these absurd theories on the origin of life. I prefer to boldly proclaim that I don't know."

An agnostic is an atheist with no guts to call himself/herself an atheist.

Agnostic is a label for cowards. I am not a coward. By definition every human being that has ever lived is an atheist.

if the money is right
lol $12,500 per year.

Really weird!

You said youre happy to be in the category "I dont know" as it pertains to origins, and the colloquial way, i.e. abbreviated way to say that, is agnostic.

You can deteste a word all youd like, its no matter. Words have no rules, only usages.

"Non existence elements magically mixed and made living matter seems unlikely. A magical timeless being breathed on some dirt and made life seems equally unlikely. There is an equal amount of negative energy as there is positive thus nothing exist. Thus the things we experience are just different combinations of negative and positive energy seems equally unlikely. It all sounds ridiculous to me. I have no interest in making myself vulnerable by spewing one of these absurd theories on the origin of life. I prefer to boldly proclaim that I don't know."

Drum roll..............

View attachment 282003
I see an error in your questions. Would you like some info on it?

Number 10 is misworded. It will have three answers instead of one. Yes. I would love info. This is a discussion forum.
Number 4. is the question I would revise. I understand that most people think that this is talking about fish or bottom feeding creatures but its not. The scales are scales of being just or justice and fins is speaking about wings which is talking about the sustenance you eat being full of Spirit. The waters are the peoples gathered.

Lev 11:9
These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

Lev 11:10
And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

Lev 11:12
Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Agnostic is a label for cowards. I am not a coward. By definition every human being that has ever lived is an atheist.

if the money is right
lol $12,500 per year.

Really weird!

Thats a lot of emotion and hot air over a word, dude.

The distinction between "not knowing, " i.e. YOUR view....and a POSITIVE claim that a God DOESNT exist (i.e. the Stanford U's def. of ATHEIST), is that an atheist has a burden of proof in light of making a positive claim.

Theres no need to have emotions and accuse people of subterfuge...and other ridiculous shit like you just did. Seems like a toddler acting defensive. Totally dorky.

lol $12,500 per year.

Really weird!

The distinction between "not knowing, " i.e. YOUR view....and a POSITIVE claim that a God DOESNT exist (i.e. the Stanford U's def. of ATHEIST), is that an atheist has a burden of proof in light of making a positive claim.

Theres no need to have emotions and accuse people of subterfuge...and other ridiculous shit like you just did. Seems like a toddler acting defensive. Totally dorky.

Everybody is agnostic. It is like labeling myself as a human.

The Old Testament law lists a number of behaviors that were punishable by death, including adultery. (Leviticus 20:10).
It is important to note that the punishment was the same for both parties involved. There was no double standard that made allowances for a man’s dalliances; he was punished right along with the woman.
And so, examining this evidence, the question remains, why do Republicans and evangelicals find Donald Trump to be a role model for their children? Considering his history with adultery.

Really weird!

Everybody is agnostic. It is like labeling myself as a human.
Theres a difference between what you label someone and what they label themselves...maybe thats why youre emotional about it.

Drum roll..............

View attachment 282003

Okay so just as I thought. You gave a trivia game challenge on Leviticus. Your students will not remember this because it's trivia--it's not put in context; you didn't help them make any kind of "big picture" understanding. And they are in 6th grade. What they DO NOT need to know is the names of the two men consumed by fire. What they DID need to know is why the Levitical law was laid down, for whom, when, and where it led.

But you gave a trivia exam.

Drum roll..............

View attachment 282003

Okay so just as I thought. You gave a trivia game challenge on Leviticus. Your students will not remember this because it's trivia--it's not put in context; you didn't help them make any kind of "big picture" understanding. And they are in 6th grade. What they DO NOT need to know is the names of the two men consumed by fire. What they DID need to know is why the Levitical law was laid down, for whom, when, and where it led.

My bad.

Drum roll..............

View attachment 282003

My bad.

Teaching and learning is not just my job--it's a huge part of who I am. I have been teaching for 25 years, am still learning a LOT and have (kindof) reconciled myself to the fact that I will leave the profession in a few years still having a lot to figure out. Which is frustrating, but there it is.

Jesus was the absolute consummate Teacher, of course. Read the Gospels and be amazed. He always, always confronted the issue at hand. He never danced around the trivia.

We all start out dancing around the trivia, btw. The idea is to move beyond that.

Answers
I will reveal the answers on the following days.
#1 October 1, 2019
#2 October 3, 2019
#3 October 7, 2019
#4 October 8, 2019
#5 October 9, 2019
#6 October 10, 2019
#7 October 13, 2019
#8 October 13, 2019
#9 October 13, 2019
#10 Now.

Question #10 Who was prohibited from entering the temple?

Answer (a,b,c) It was worded wrong. Neither a dwarf, a scabbed man, nor someone with a flat nose was allowed to enter the temple. A deaf person was not prohibited from entering the temple.

Please study for this test on the Book of Leviticus. Read the book one, two, three, four times or even more.

I will either post it here tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning.

Consider the types of sacrifices, the offering required for that sacrifice and the purpose of that sacrifice. Also consider the way Leviticus covers the disease of leprosy. Be able to identify clean and unclean animals. Consider crimes that require the death penalty and pay close attention to the methods of administering the death penalty. Know the names Nadab and Abihu. There are eternal statutes that are to be forever. Pay close attention to anything referencing eternal or the word forever. Consider what types of people were forbidden from entering the temple.

Study hard and I will issue the test as soon as it is convenient. I am currently at a teacher's convention in Myrtle Beach. I have no access to my classroom where the test exists. Good luck. I hope you all make 100% on my test.

All creatures that teem on the ground are vermin; they shall not be eaten. All creatures that teem on the ground, crawl on their bellies, (talking serpents), go on all fours, or have many legs you shall not eat because they are vermin which contaminate. You shall not contaminate yourself through any teeming creature. You shall not defile yourselves with them and make yourselves unclean by them. For I am the lord your God; you shall; make yourselves holy as God is holy and keep yourselves holy. You shall not defile yourselves with any teeming creature that creeps on the ground. Leviticus 11:44-45

Buddha-Weekly-Monks-prostrating-Buddhism.jpg

images
images
images
images

images
images

images
images

jewish-boy-on-temple-mount.jpg
images

prostration.jpg

any questions?

So, it's ok to eat Protestants?

lol...Depends on how hungry you are. The prodigal son almost ate the garbage he was feeding to swine.

almost.

I wouldn't call them garbage, but they are a tad under seasoned for my taste.

lol. A discriminating palate.

What happened? Did you take a nibble, ruminate, and then spit it out?

Answers
I will reveal the answers on the following days.
#1 October 1, 2019
#2 October 3, 2019
#3 October 7, 2019
#4 October 8, 2019
#5 October 9, 2019
#6 October 10, 2019
#7 October 13, 2019
#8 October 13, 2019
#9 October 13, 2019
#10 Now.

Question #10 Who was prohibited from entering the temple?

Answer (a,b,c) It was worded wrong. Neither a dwarf, a scabbed man, nor someone with a flat nose was allowed to enter the temple. A deaf person was not prohibited from entering the temple.
Dwarfs couldn't enter the temple?

They must've felt short-changed.

n
All creatures that teem on the ground are vermin; they shall not be eaten. All creatures that teem on the ground, crawl on their bellies, (talking serpents), go on all fours, or have many legs you shall not eat because they are vermin which contaminate. You shall not contaminate yourself through any teeming creature. You shall not defile yourselves with them and make yourselves unclean by them. For I am the lord your God; you shall; make yourselves holy as God is holy and keep yourselves holy. You shall not defile yourselves with any teeming creature that creeps on the ground. Leviticus 11:44-45

Buddha-Weekly-Monks-prostrating-Buddhism.jpg

images
images
images
images

images
images

images
images

jewish-boy-on-temple-mount.jpg
images

prostration.jpg

any questions?

So, it's ok to eat Protestants?

No but you are obligated to kill them. Don't misunderstand me. This is only if you are an Israelite.

I don't think so.

You are correct. I don't think that is in Leviticus. My bad.

Thank you. However, even if it was not even the most conservative Jewish sect follows those parts of Leviticus. Jewish law is constantly argued and evolves with argument.

When the high priest stirs the waters of contention the truth is brought out.

Please study for this test on the Book of Leviticus. Read the book one, two, three, four times or even more.

I will either post it here tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning.

Consider the types of sacrifices, the offering required for that sacrifice and the purpose of that sacrifice. Also consider the way Leviticus covers the disease of leprosy. Be able to identify clean and unclean animals. Consider crimes that require the death penalty and pay close attention to the methods of administering the death penalty. Know the names Nadab and Abihu. There are eternal statutes that are to be forever. Pay close attention to anything referencing eternal or the word forever. Consider what types of people were forbidden from entering the temple.

Study hard and I will issue the test as soon as it is convenient. I am currently at a teacher's convention in Myrtle Beach. I have no access to my classroom where the test exists. Good luck. I hope you all make 100% on my test.

What's the interest you have in Leviticus? Leviticus covers the role of priests in ancient Israel and sacrifices that were made in the temple, which BTW,was destroyed in AD 70? Do you believe the pagan mosque will be razed and a new temple will be built in Jerusalem?

School just started the end of August. We started with Genesis, then Exodus, then Leviticus. Most kids in our school are familiar with Genesis and Exodus stories. I want to really hammer Leviticus so I created my own test for it. They enjoyed it and learned things from it.

No need to test them on the seven days of creation, Noah's flood, the burning bush or the parting of the red sea. They probably knew that junk before school started.

"No need to test them on the seven days of creation, Noah's flood, the burning bush or the parting of the red sea. They probably knew that junk before school started."

Glad to see you realize it is JUNK.

Forum List

Back